MT4 : Tools >>> Options >>> Charts
A must before loading the v2v dynamic trading system ( new steps )
Follow the steps below:
- Open an M1 chart
- Press "F2" key to load History Center
- Navigate to the currency pair and the "1 Minute (M1)" history data for the chart you have open in your terminal (be sure to "double click" the "1 Minute (M1)" selection in history center so it becomes the active selection)
- Then left-click once on any of the data rows in the right-hand window of the History Center (it doesn't matter which one)
- Click the "Add" button, this pops up another window titled "Bar" and the default selection is on the "year"
- Enter 1970
- Then select "OK"... and it creates a new bar with the timestamp and price info you just added.
- Now select "Close" in the History Center
- Attached a script located under "Scripts" folder (with v2v_dynamic_system.zip) >>> Attached this to your chart: ForceLoadHistoricalData.ex4
- Navigate to your M1 chart of interest and then from the terminal window (press Ctrl-T) select "Journal "-> go to main chart window and right-click mouse button and select "Refresh"...this will refresh the chart and attempts to fill any time gaps in the chart data (which now includes your year 1970 data point) with server data
─ Step 10 continued...Now your chart will have pulled anywhere from 2048 to 65536 M1 bars from your broker's server (not Metaquotes server) and is usually far more data than you can get the broker to cough up when you try and manually scroll your M1 chart back in time.
If everything went fine... then you've quickly downloaded all the broker's M1 data on your currency pair that the broker is going to let you have, much faster than holding down the home or page-up key for minutes and minutes to download even fewer data. Now, you may continue with the rest of the time frames. But, don't forget to delete the year 1970 dummy tick data after it downloads more history, then you may need to check & verify if after the deletion (1970 record) if still got maximum historical data has been downloaded otherwise add 1970 record once again.