DislikedLOL... why "poached"?
They are linking back to the thread anyway...
Good to know that the usefulness of THV indicators goes beyond the system itselfIgnored
DislikedI just made my day
short since 1.2931 exit on S1 1.2836Ignored
Dislikedit seems the trade has gone against me for the moment....was i crazy to take this? How should I make it more of a "sure thing". Wait for the 15m to turn down again with the trend? Probably answered myself...
"Above Coral only long, below Coral only short"
I Believe That It's Important To Work With Two TFs, So We Filter These Trades ...
Here is something which I use which may help. I have added the RSI 'worms' overbought/oversold indicator from THV V2 onto the TRIX indicator. File is attached. I use settings 90,10 on M5 TF and 95,5 on M1 TF, as I have found it very often signals the end of a move, particularly on M5 and I don't think TRIX is especially good at showing overbought/oversold.
p.s. My chart looks different as I am red/green colour blind on some shades so I have changed colours - actually the shades used in THV V3Ignored
15m fast trix had just turned up, 5m had just had a divergence, and I waited for the 1m fast trix to go green againIgnored
DislikedCould any of the team members address my questions I posted about the Trix indi's rules on the previous page near the bottom when they get a chance?
Would be much much appreciated.Ignored
DislikedI am trying to get some kind of mental flowchart regarding the rules to this system as it is still a little hazy to me. Would I be right in assuming the following when scalping using the M1? I will assume a set-up for a short.
1. Look for the fast trix on M5 to cross the slow trix and both turn red.
2. If not already crossed, wait for the fast trix on the M1 to cross the slow trix (both turn red) and HA candle to cross the cloud. Ideally PA should be below the coral.
Would this be correct?
DislikedJack, did you short those other times before the big drop, when both trixes were red? In other words, how did you know to pull the trigger THAT time?Ignored
DislikedThese are my questions for the m5 Trix before we switch into the m1 to look for an entry...
1) Do both trix have to be same color?
2) Do both trix have to be in the correct position, e.g. fast trix above the slow one for longs, and fast trix below slow one for shorts?
3) Do we have to take trades with the trix ONLY when both trix are crossing each other? Or as mentioned above, can signals be taken when they are both in the right position?
4) When we have a trade ready in m5...and Switch to m1 for entry, What the heck do we do when the m1 seems...Ignored
DislikedThe Coral is optional depending on your risk level, the red, green and yellow line on the main window is our line in the sand and shows us the trading direction for the TF we are trading. It is the line in the sand that divides us from short and long trades.
DislikedIn my newbie opinion, it looks to be a plain moving average, which is simply just trying to let the user know if it's a bullish or bearish market trend for that given TF.Ignored
DislikedI have 2 questions though,I got the RSI on my screen but dont know where I can change the settings to 90/10 and 95/5 ,are those the values where the overbought and oversold lines are,if so then I do know how to change them.
And the MACD thing you got top right on your chart,ive seen it before with pip spread info and all,what is that for?
Thanks in advance,