So, for any trader who has something educational to contribute, just place it here so that you can refer to it via a link rather than having to re-type it in the main thread.
Once you have posted something of interest or importance, make note of the link for the specific post and bookmark it in your browser so that you can refer to it in the future should anyone ask you to explain it again.
Similar rules apply here as they do in the EurAnalysis thread, and I have posted them below. Please read them before posting anything.
1. Vulgarity, personal attacks, mocking, condescending remarks, lecturing, name calling or bullying of any kind for any reason will not be tolerated here. Generally the only acceptable posts are the ones that offer value to other posters and I will determine whether any such posts meet that criteria at my sole discretion. Obviously healthy, respectful and clean debate is always welcome and encouraged.
2. This thread is not a signal service or a trading school. Information and opinions are given freely by the participants for many varying reasons. If you notice that other posters are trading in a way that does not match your own trading style, or you do not agree with the information they post, it is not your place to criticize or try to "re-educate" them unless they have specifically asked you to do so. Everybody has a different style. It is fine to make suggestions to the general audience, but it is not appropriate to single out any one trading method or poster in a condescending manner. There are almost just as many personalities and language barriers in this thread as there are trading methods. As such you never know how your communication may be interpreted. Therefore, when posting anything about trading methods, only state how you do it and not how you believe others should.
3. This thread is not private. Anything you post here is visible by all internet users whether or not they are Forex Factory members. Furthermore, anything you post here will be indexed by search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing etc. If you know the personal identity of another poster in this thread, you must not reveal it in a public post. Doing so is against the rules of this thread as well as very disrespectful towards the poster. It may also put the poster at risk of identity theft. If you have a problem with any poster which results in a conflict, you will bring it to my attention immediately without exception. Failure to abide by this rule is cause for immediate temporary suspension from Forex Factory pending a review by the site administrator. A repeat offence will get you permanently banned.
4. According to the Forex Factory rules, any solicitation to/from posters, whether done via a post on the thread or via private message is prohibited. As such, all posts must not have any links to any commercial websites in which you may have some interests. This includes sites that pay you any commission for referrals. You also agree to abide by all the other rules and regulations of Forex Factory. It you are aware of any poster who is conducting any commercial activity, please contact me via private message and I will personally look into the matter.
Any poster who violates any of the above rules, or ignores any instructions given by the thread starter & moderator (that's me), may be immediately blocked without notice. If I have found reason to issue a fair warning to you, it means you have already gone too far, so it is time for you to listen up and take notice. In extreme cases, I may even recommend to the FF administrators that your account be suspended or permanently banned... Yes, I have that power and I will use it at my discretion
FF EMAIL SETTINGS:
Here are some instructions regarding emails you receive from this thread.
Once you post to this thread, depending on your current profile settings regarding email notification, you may start receiving an email for every post that is made on here after yours.
In order to change those option, you have to perform the following steps.
1. Go to your profile and click on the subscriptions link in the left hand column. That will give you a list of all the threads and news items you have posted in.
2. Put a check mark in the far right column of the ones you want to change.
3. At the bottom of the list you will find a pull-down menu. There you will find the subscription action options. Just select the option you want.
4. Click GO
This section lists a variety of resources for new and seasoned traders alike. I will organize it and build on it as I see fit but welcome suggestions any time.
1. Baby Pips School
2. Raghee Horner's 'Best of the daily trading edge" e-book
3. Chart School from stockcharts.com
4. Explains by cnbc.com
5. John Murphy's Ten Laws of Technical Trading
6. Forex trading systems collection revealed!
7. Martin J. Pring’s 19 Trading Rules to Beat the Markets
8. Trading the Forex with Bonds - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4
1. Futures from Finviz.com
2. Major Currency Pairs from finviz.com
1. Yahoo Finance Currency News
2. RTT News Earnings Calendar
3. Forex Factory Events Calendar
FF THREADS OF INTEREST:
1. Twelve widely believed forex myths
2. Trading with Deadly Accuracy
1. World Clocks
2. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York foreign exchange swap agreement web page
3. The latest 10 Year Government bond yields
4. The Swede's primer on options.
RISK ON / RISK OFF:
1. Overview of Risk On/Off
2. Following Example
3. Risk On, Risk Off and the Gold Trade
4. Risk On/Off and Global Currency Flows
5. Overview of Carry Trade
6. Baby Pip's Carry Trade Criteria and Risk
7. The Carry Trade: Get With It Or Get Run Over By It
8. Extra; Bonds and Quantitative Easing For Dummies
1. USA Gold
SEARCH FOR KEYWORDS:
If you would like to search this thread for a particular post you previously saw that is of interest to you, you don't need to go through all the pages looking for it. The folks at Forex Factory have provided us with a good keyword search tool which you will find just above the first post on every page as a small box called "Search This Thread". Just type in your keyword and search. Try it, it's easy.