Learn the eastern philosophy of "Detachment".
Here are some physical exercise to improve your patience:
- Do a 10-20 mile walk without preparing for it
- After lining up at the postal office and its your turn, go back at the end of the line (do this 3 times)
- Get a 3-5 combination pad lock and unlock it (3 combinations will take you 4hours from 1-1000 combination) so a 5 combination is good
- Wash you car with a tooth brush
- Fast for a day but prepare for it and get your doctor for approval
- Don't speak or make a sound out of your mouth for 24 hours (stay silent for 24 hours)
- Don't speak or make a sound out of your mouth and lock yourself in a room for 24 hours (just have the necessities) away with no TV or sensory inputs (stay silent for 24 hours)
Extra challenge mentally:
Go get the equations on how to solve a Rubik's cube and and then solve a Rubik's cube
These are easy things to do, make an effort to achieve all these and experience how your mind shifts into a different way of thinking. It's like the karate kid... wax on, wax off... You may not see and understand by doing so the "why", but you will experience the change.