- Most Forex traders lose all their money.
- Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
- Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
- Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
- This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
DO NOT TRADE THIS EA ON LIVE ACCOUNTS. It is an experimental robot and I have no idea whether it can be successful.
Sgt.forex pointed me to the attached indicator and asked me to code an ea to trade it. When the indi spots a divergence between MACD and the market, it shows a signal arrow on the chart. The signals are generated at the start of a new candle, and are shown two candles back.
The FX5 MACD Divergence indicator goes in your Indicator folder and must be there for the EA to work. You do not need it on your chart; its presence will confirm for you that the EA is working correctly.
MacDiv looks for a signal at the opening of each candle, so its cpu footfall is light; cpu use will increase if there are open trades and you are using the management features. There are the usual trade management/Recovery/balance/margin filters etc. I have included the full trend-detection module. The default inputs are based on the results of an EU 1 year H1 backtest and are not recommendations. CloseOnOppositeSignal tells MacDiv to close open trades when the indi generates a signal to trade in the opposite direction.
In fact, nothing here constitutes a recommendation; I have no idea whether this will be successful or not. I coded the bot because I was asked to and it was easy to do.
So, over to you back/forward testers. Backtesters especially, you will really appreciate MaryJane's InputResizer - you will need mt4ticker over the weekend to use it.
Have fun guys.
- MaryJane has posted a fabulous utility to allow us to resize EA input windows: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=299017
- Multi purpose trade manager: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=89371
- Account equity analyser: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...16#post4693716
Most promising trading EA's
- The Beast: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...=1#post4135863
- Pippo: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...96#post4675196
- Reversi: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=294255
- Ibuks: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...88#post4656888
- FTLR: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...85#post3831885
I have restricted the ability to post in this thread to: traders with at least 1 voucher; and traders on my 'buddy' list. I have done this because I do not want the thread cluttered with 'newbie' questions about the basics. New/inexperienced traders, this is not intended as a direct insult. What I want here is discussion with traders who fully understand what it is they are doing; when you newbs have been around a while, you will come to understand what a difference experience makes to the posts a member writes and shudder at the recollection of some of the questions you asked. I do. http://cdn.forexfactory.com/images/s..._the_floor.gif Go to your profile page; there is a link to the FF page that describes the voucher process.
Do not attempt to get around this by sending me pm's asking for help with your basic problems. Doing so will earn you an automatic ban from all of my threads.
I have set up a partner to my restricted threads at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...66#post3948666
There, you can post the questions that you cannot post here, about anything you need to know. Someone with the knowledge and experience you need will answer.
Traders/coders with experience who have not yet been vouched for, can get around this restriction be being added to my 'buddy' list; all you have to do is pm me to ask me to do this.