Hi RR, Thanks for this EA, but I am trying to backtest a strategy with this and have not seen where the GMT adjustment setting is on the EA to account for the broker's server timings?
Thank you for taking the time to point me to your Breakout EA. I am missing an appropriate input as I am not able produce backtest results with the EA.
Not sure which setting(s), however attached are the settings I am using.
Any insight would be appreciated.
DislikedHi RR, Thanks for this EA, but I am trying to backtest a strategy with this and have not seen where the GMT adjustment setting is on the EA to account for the broker's server timings?Ignored
DislikedLooks like you set SignalsOnly to true.
When SignalsOnly is true, the EA won't place a trade. It will only alert you to a trade opportunity.Ignored
Dislikedcan't seem to get it to take trades using alpari
pretty sure i have used the correct paramaters required
i must be doing something wrong
says trade trigger none in the top left
can someone please check this .set file for me and help determine why no trades are placed in tester
i've read the first page but seems i'm doing something wrong
could someone please upload a .set file as a starting point
I found the following bug in the Breakout EA.
iHighest() and iLowest() calls should use "MODE_HIGH" and "MODE_LOW" instead of "PRICE_HIGH" and "PRICE_LOW".
This makes the breakout range based on "highest HIGH" (ok, "by chance" MODE_HIGH=PRICE_HIGH=2).
But the other end is "lowest CLOSE" (PRICE_HIGH=MODE_CLOSE=3...).
It is quite a frequent error in EAs... and quite hard to spot too... bi have struggled long enough once on this issue in one of my EAs to get used to them!
DislikedThanks for the heads up Squalou I'll start looking around.Ignored