DislikedHi guys need your analysis,
according to the rulez the blue lag is clear but what baut the red sucker?
RE-Imran Sait Method 6 replies
DislikedThe 80 Lag shows longer trend patterns. Your picture does not show enough to give a good answer to your question.
What pair, time, day?
PS - It's my first post, and it's been said a thousand times, but Imran - you're an incredibly generous person and your system is fantastic
I was taking a look at Imran's crossover video, and I'm confused! Can anyone tell me simply the rules for when to trade on a crossover and when not to/or when to trade the opposite direction?
Things about the video that confused me included:
- The second and third examples appear to have the same conditions, but one fails and the other ones is succesful: The false break, where the 60EMA crosses down below the 200EMA, the lags are at the bottom and the MACD line is bottoming out (I.e. turning up). However the same conditions appear to be present for the last example of a short that was good; lags down, MACD lines bottoming out (albeit not as low as the previous example). Can someone clarify this for me?
- Also, I'm not clear on the exit strategy. On the first (long example) he got out of the trade when the MACD lines crossed down through the zero line – which is clear. However, on the second good example, the short, it breaks the MACD zero line several times. He says they are only small breaks, so you'd still be in the trade, but if you applied the same principles to the first example where he went long, you'd have lost nearly all your profit waiting to see if it was just a small MACD break through. Or is it just the case that, with a suitable trailing stop loss on the first example you'd have taken your profits, but with the second short, a suitably distanced stop loss wouldn't have stopped you out and your profits would be better because you let it run down with the trend?
- Which time frames are most appropriate for the 60/200 EMA cross trades? Do they work on all time frames, or just some?
- Are we concerned about resistance lines being too close, or any other of our 'normal – don't trade now' criteria when playing the 60/200EMA cross?
PS - It's my first post, and it's been said a thousand times, but Imran - you're an incredibly generous person and your system is fantasticIgnored
DislikedI made the EA for this strategy,
long only, GBP/JPY 5 min tf.
For Long : What you need to do is first look if price is above the Daily Pivot, and then look if the the LaGuerre 1 (
henceforth called as Lag1 ) is above 0.15 and going upwards , StochHistogram ( Henceforth called as Stoch) is gone from
negative to positive , MACD has made a crossover to positive ( Crossover above Zero Line ) and LaGuerre 2 ( Henceforth
called as Lag2) is at the bottom ( for Extended Period of time ) or trending upwards above 0.15 .
Exit (either one):
1. When Lag-2 crossed 1.00 and then starts to come down below 0.85
2. When you get +50 pips
3. Daily R1 – ( First Resistance above Daily Pivot )
4. Daily R2 – ( Second Resistance above Daily Pivot)
5. MACD crossover from Positive to Negative and Red lag is turning down
6. When Stoch Histogram goes from Positive to Negative, and Red Lag is pointing Down ( both conditions have to be
met , if not take 50% profit and let the trade run )
7. When the Stop Loss is hit ( 20 pips + Spread ) – This is likely to happen only if you have not taken the trade as per
rules or taken a trade 30 mins before or within 30 mins of news
*6) I close position completely.
The are many stop losses as well.
Please see the attach for the trades.Ignored
DislikedIt is difficult to automate this particular system. It's not a science, but an art. When you have a good feel of the market, you can make semi-intuitive decisions, i.e. open trades when not all indicators are aligned 100%. At the same time, there are circumstances when you would stay out of trades even if when all the indicators are "on".
I did a backtest by playing back the market bar by bar, placing trades as per my judgment (based on the system) and the results were encouraging - with healthy risk you can achieve 150-200 pips per day.
Just my USD0.02Ignored
Is there any sign of Imran? I was hoping that we might see him here today as he has finished the pool ?
it would be really good to have his experience in here
will start to post here tomm, it has been a hectic past 2 months, but well worth every minute,
as for people who comment that 150-200 pips cant be made in day or even a week, its all in the mind, if u feel u cant do it, u will not, there is nothing thats impossibleIgnored
DislikedLet me know when you average 150-200 pips a day in real trading. In fact, just let me know when you do it per week. I'll start a religion and worship you.Ignored