I used to post updates of my little Expert Advisor in the Trading Made Simple forum. However as I forsee that I will have several versions to go before it turns into a useful EA that one can trust with a real account I decided to start this thread to make it easy for everyone to follow my progress and to add comments to this specific take on Trading Made Simple.
To learn the TMS way of trading you can go to the Trading Made Simple Thread:
Note: This programming project is still in an early stage and the versions (that I regularly post here) are not intended for real trading.
- As of version 13 you might run the EA on a demo account and manually copy the trades that you like to a real account.
- As of version 18 the EA will trade real accounts for 26 weeks. After that period you will have to move on to a newer version.
Previous & current versions can be found here:
Version 1.04: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...4#post10125984
Version 1.05: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...0#post10134710
Version 1.06: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post10184663
Version 1.07: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...4#post10227464
Version 1.08: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...4#post10312684
Version 1.09: Post #23
Version 1.10: Post #24
Version 1.11: Post #42
Version 1.12: Post #58
Version 1.13: Post #66
Version 1.14: Post #72
Version 1.15: Post #96, Version 1.15.s: Post #520
Version 1.16: Post #169
Version 1.17: Post #326
Version 1.18: Post #401, Version 1.18.s: Post #1
- See post #14 and #485 for the TDI indicator. See post #600 for installation instructions.
- See post #516 for the very handy LRSF Magnified Price indicator.
- See post #192 for scripts to add trades manually.
- See this post for my tool to maintain a list of SR-Lines.
Known problems: See post #180
Version 1.18s, usable on a real account for 26 weeks.
Next version pre-info
Expert Advisor - Version 1.19 & 1.20 focuses on preparing the Expert Advisor for the usage of RSI to get more sensible entry-points for MEME orders. Not just those on hard "ADR(100)/2" levels.
Work in Progress EA versions:
* - Bugfix: cl_order_basic.find_oldest_order() would sometimes return the wrong * ordernumber even from a wrong symbol. This could lead to closing (meme-)positions * from the wrong symbol. Possibly an expensive bug. * - Added a check to verify correct TDI installation. * - Bugfix: The trend was not always calculated correctly in cl_ma::sigdir(). * - Small enhancements to function XOrderSend(). * - Slippage is now a variable instead of a constant. It's default value is now 50 * which is good for 5-digit brokers. This solves "OrderSend error 138" during * backtesting.
* - Pressing 'shift-d' will now enable to store trading data. * - Experimental: When the TDI and HA are giving an entry signal, we go in immediately. * We do not wait for other indicators to line up. As it turns out we usually end up * with a less optimal entry point with all the extra entry conditions. In this * version we will experiment with ditching all the extra logic. This is accomplished * simply by commenting the last bit of code in ntr_check(). * - Profitable positions will be closed on friday at 23:45 instead of 23:50. Needed * because some brokers stop processing trade signals long before 23:00. * - Simplified the input variables until volume calculation is implemented. * - The TP and SL of a MEME position are updated every 5 min. Not just once when a * new limit order is activated. This makes it possible to manually insert additional * MEME orders and they will be properly processed. * - MEME orders are now of type "M". Example: LRSF19;H1;M02 * - Shadow-order v_order is now following real order. * - Add class cl_lrsf_position which can hold and handle all data about an order- * position of one single symbol. This class takes and simplifies a lot of code * from do_manage(). * - Now allows real trading for 6 months. * - The EA version number is now kept in a single #define. Easier Maintenance. * - Small enhancements to function XOrderSend().
Work in Progress versions:
(See post #500, #533, #557)
Indicators for testing (technical)
This is the Heiken Ashi filter:
This is the TDI filter: