Good work my friend. I am glad you followed up on my request. I will make a post in my thread to direct the people here.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Help with Lot sizing 3 replies
IBFX Lot sizing 10 replies
DislikedGlad to know that
What about "invalid lot size" error? Do you still see it?Ignored
1. I always get the "invalid lot size". It is probably due to the fact the tool calculates non-integer lot sizes. So my broker FxPro will not allow a lot size of 0.9942 (only 0.9 or 1.0).
2. I appreciate the idea of having the lot size calculated automatically, but the tool only allows me to get up to 2% risk (I operate at 3 or 4% sometimes). Would it make sense to have the lot size input by the user if he wanted to?
Can you please write here the complete message:
"Invalid lot size: xxx" ?
Based on script code, it happens when calculated lot size is less than MinLot or greater than MaxLot. MinLot and MaxLot retrieved from broker.
Attached a script that will print MinLot/MaxLot/LotStep on your chart.
Run this script and compare the "xxx" number in "invalid lot size" message to MinLot and MaxLot and see if it is within the range.
Your feedback is important to me to find out the reason why some...Ignored
I got it to work on another account.
The one that didn't work gave:
"Invalid lot size: 1.2922" and your script gave:
Min Lot: 3.0000
Max Lot: 100.0000
This account (Alpari Pro) has a minimum order of 3.0 lots so maybe that's the reason. (EDIT: I tried higher risk and it worked as soon as the calculated lots were above 3.0 lots, so it works fine).
Excellent tool overall. Exactly what I was describing and even better.
Just give us the flexibility to input our own lot size instead of auto-calculation.
I tested the updated version Friday and it line deletion worked like a charm.
It is no problem for me to move a line after the trade is closed, so this is a good solution.
DislikedI just ran into this thread, and am very interested, but I have a few questions:
1) Do the scripts work on an ECN, or other two step broker? My broker can't accept a stop loss or take profit at the same time that it accepts an initial order. I believe that it can only accept the stop loss or take profit order once the initial order has been filled. Does this plug-in handle that type of situation?Ignored
Disliked2) Do the scripts automatically create limit orders when appropriate? For example, if placing a short ten pips above where the market is trading, will it place that as a sell limit?
Disliked3) Are the scripts (especially money management scripts) adjustable for brokers who deal with mini lots instead of standard lots?
DislikedI would test all of this on demo to get my answers, but its Saturday afternoon. If this can handle my three concerns above, it looks like it is exactly the addition to my tool box that I've been looking for.
Dislikedyes, the script always send order in two step, whether your broker is ECN or not
initially i was thinking to autodetect order type (stop or limit order) based on price line position relative to sl line position on chart. but it is too risky. you can make mistake when dragging the line especially when your chart is fully with S/R lines, fibonacci lines etc. so, to prepare limit order, just choose buy limit or sell limit on drop down menu
DislikedYou have my huge thank you for this great tool.
If you manage to put an option where we can insert lot sizes by preference this neat little thing will be perfect.
Lot sizing by risk management is a great feature already but it's fitting to some trading styles only.
Great work and thanks again.Ignored
DislikedSangmane, I have oanda practice trading account, mt4 for charting, and excel 2007.
1. Will your script work on this practice account.?
2. I will eventually be trading a Micro account and progressing up from there... do I need to have another lot size added?
Thank you for your time, RussIgnored
DislikedSo far this is looking very good on tests....Ignored
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|