Time to give back to FX clan a little;
Find attached a trading system that xux99 and I have put together, called SSS.
To get the thread rolling we can see if anyone can guess what the hell SSS actually means.
UPDATE - Tazmaan is helping team SSS out with gathering tick data history for all the pairs that are profitable with EA. This is a mammoth task. Large round of applause for Tazmaan.
KUDOS - Hiachiever (Tim) for providing concept of his "Profit Maximizer". We took his idea and mashed it up with other ideas best for SSS usage; called the LPMM. "Large Price Movement Module"
UPDATE - I have extended v1.09 to end of Q1 2011 - If the pathetic feedback levels continue, say bye bye to this thread for good.
Enough of that malarkey and down to biz;
- EA goes on a EURUSD/GBPUSD/EURJPY/GBPJPY/USDCHF/USDCAD/AUDUSD M30 & M5 charts at the moment; please test other pairs. Make sure you have valid history H1/H4/D1 for these pairs. (lets stick with M30 for the moment, we will expand out to other time frames later in test phase) Live I DO NOT recommend you use EURCHF pair - Hedge fund dumps tend to create swings/funkiness in this pair that can expose you to large losses - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
- OOTB the EA is optimized for the above pairs; there are setfiles for 9 pairs and for sure it's profitable on other pairs, that I have yet to optimize; such as GBPAUD/GBPCAD/GBPNZD due to lack of backtest data - forward testing performance has yet to be validated.
- Back testing. Please try all possible pairs on M30 and report back what you find. Specify low/med/high profit inc. start/finish balance and low/med/high drawdown or in % and the source of historical data your using. Dates that you MUST USE for backtesting are is 2008.01.26 to 2010.01.26. No other dates periods will be reviewed otherwise.
- Forward testing. I highly recommend we all try and use http://www.mt4i.com. Then the task of data mining performance will be very easy for the SSS team here.
- Don't take life too seriously and watch the EA do the hard work
- This is not a holy grail
- Any thread detractors that fail to keep this space constructive and relaxed will be dealt with in "Hopwood" style
- A lucky number in chinese
See here for my testing reference accounts
(v103 link below is actually running v1.09; without MPTM on FXDD -testing has proven without MPTM is best
The Primary Indy is the Price channel stop. Trends are picked up by this great piece of work.
A) Damani - a rough measure of liquidity and movement of that liquid. Once it states "TRADE" it will look to the final filter. In times of low liquidity and lesser market activity it will print "DO NOT TRADE" and therefore blocks any entry.
B) DSS Bressert - This final filter is THE sanity check, prior to passing entry on to the shell EA for execution. (if the shell logic permits - see the great manual for the shell core functionality)
We have 4 methods of taking profits;
A) rubbery (ATR) level ; these vary with ATR of the chart pair (set via multiplier)
B) Fib based exit
D) Close All
We have 3 methods of stop loss;
A) 1 rubbery (ATR) level ; these vary with ATR of the chart pair (set via multiplier)
B) Indicator based exits - different pairs use different indicators/time frames to trigger exit.
In a nutshell, that is it. There are a swathe of other xux99 secret sauce bits (MM plus heaps more) in the shell EA which turn this from a mostly winning/but some bigger losing moments EA into a consistent pip machine with less than 12% DD on EURUSD of the last 2 years.
A MASSIVE thanks for xux99 who gave his insight, time, quality coding AND documentation skills to this project. If you feel you wish to donate something, xux99 I'm sure will nominate his charity of choice.
LIVE version is go. Expiry date is 3 months from today.
1) v1.09 will be released for Demo testing/live work - there will constant cycles of time limited live/demo releases. (this is an attempt to thwart dodgy eBay scammers) Any other suggestions/methods of minimizing the scam factor are welcomed.
2) All live account users are encouraged to provide a mt4i.com or fxbook link to the account. If they wish to maintain some privacy on this, [understandably] they do not have to post and can send me the weblink/password. I will not share with 3rd parties. This is for live forward test information only.
3) If live forward testing goes well - I recommend donating some of the proceeds of your profits to your charity of choice.
UPDATE - v1.09 is ready for testers - please make use of mt4i.com so we can share results freely. See above for web links.
a) Fibonacci retracements and extensions based exits.
b) ATR based min order distance option rather than hard values. (wider range pairs it can be applied to)
c) Price Beyond Pivot - When getting a long signal , rather than immediately opening a trade, a BUYSTOP is placed at the last Pivot High if this is higher than the current price. If last Pivot high is lower than current price just BUY as normal. A pivot high is formed when the middle bar high is higher than closing highs of bars either side. Sell is complete reverse of Buy. The advantage here is if we get a buy signal then place a BUYSTOP and the price suddenly reverses and goes down the order is not sent and we are saved from a loss. We can expire the BUYSTOP after a time or leave it there until we get a new signal at which point we delete it.
d) Modify "OppositeSignalExit" logic. Number of chart bar/candles expiry will trigger this exit type. (if enabled)
e)Added GMT Broker offset, so start/stop times are referenced back to the same integer and not broker time.
a) Auto GMT offset with fallback to manual offset if auto has problem. (use manual offset for backtesting)
b) Monday Trading Start hour/minute.
c) Friday Trading Stop hour/minute - no more entries are permitted, but open entries continue to get managed.
d) Setting all non profitable trades TP BE +30 (default is 30 but can be changed with setting) when item "Friday trading stop" is triggered. Every candle after, the the BE is reduced by 5 pips (default is 5 but can be changed with setting) until BE (zero=entry price) is reached.
e) Friday closing all profitable trades @ hour/minute
f) Chart print bug fixed "Trading hours" shows 24:59 for 00:59 time
CloseAfterMinutes: A losing trade is closed after the defined number of minutes since opened. 0 disables this option.
AutoGMT time bug fixed (the bug automatically detected the server time incorrectly)
DSTOffset setting switch added to correctly switch between Summer time during backtesting/live.
CFX broker AutoGMTOffset bug fixed.
Internal development version
Mod; FF Calendar URL has been changed. URL will now be a EA setting so future calendar url changes do not require a recompile.
Add; A new LPMM mode (Profit Maximizer) "Large Price Movement Mode" When LPMM mode is active after a big move in the market, all normal TP's are suppressed. LPMM TP is handled by independent Price_Channel_Stop indicator exclusively until trend exhaustion. A number of EA settings have been revised to leverage best results from LPMM.
Add; Min and max lots that money management can use
Add; Text on chart can be shifted around using settings
EU M5 backtest has been attached
Add; FIFO broker rule added. To be used with the CloseAll function.
Add; LPMM active/inactive shows on chart. Green for up trend. Red for Down trend.
Fix; Chart print function would leave random instances of text "Label". Now fixed.
Add; USDCAD & AUDUSD M30 added to current settings.
Add; Where profitable, setting files have been updated to use LPMM. Some pairs did not lend themselves to LPMM and therefore do not have LPMM enabled.
Great update; big thanks to xux99!