WHY DO YOU TRADE?
Assuming you're truly serious about trading then answering this question honestly will be revealing.
Reveal what? Believe it or not it will reveal your current success status as a trader. Most importantly, ARE YOU PROFITABLE?
To help answer the question consider the following questions:
1. Have you undergone any attempts to seriously educate yourself about markets and trading beyond browsing forums such as FF?
2. Do you have an understanding of market structure separate from indicators?
3. Do you jump from system to system looking for something that works rather than undertaking a serious study of markets?
4. Do you have an intimate understanding of risk vs reward? (this concept by itself is likely the single most important reason why many serious traders are not profitable).
5. Do you trade for excitement or the rush?
6. How many trades per day do you take?
There are probably many other questions that might reveal... Why you trade?
Next I'll be a bit personal about my own trading.
Managing risk is profitable