I have always been fascinated by how fast computers can do calculations and since I found algorithmic trading I immediately loved it. However I was totally lost with many different advises around the topic:
- Money management
- Making more trades to be confident that system works
- Trading strategy
- Trading Journal
- Be aware about statistical performance of trades
- Market Type
- Back-testing science
- Be aware about macroeconomic events
- Be social
- etc ...
Everything must be considered so it would become total burden for anyone attempting to climb this rock! ... but I am a lazy person to be consistent in these details
At the same time [professionally] I have discovered the power of R Statistical Software. So I started to study both things at the same time! I decided to make my way in algorithmic trading! I wanted to create completely automated system that would consider all above aspects by itself allowing trader just to supervise and check the progress. I saw that R [and Python too] are just the great tools to help me with my idea. Finally I have spend about a year to gradually create few building blocks using combination of MT4 and R...
as a result:
I found out two things:
- I was quickly avoiding burden of manual operations within algorithmic trading
- I was creating amazing content that helped me to learn and practice R skills which I was efficiently using later to grow professionally
I decided to make all my studies public for every one to reproduce!
I have published several e-learning courses as a step by -step guide to re-create my system and learn computer and data science:
- Set up your Home Trading Environment - Learn Computer and Data Science through Algorithmic Trading, set up your Trading Environment
- Set up your Trading Strategy Robot - Learn how Trading Robot Template is working and how to modify it to work with Decision Support System
- Set up your automated Trading Journal - Build your own Interactive Trading Journal in R Shiny App
- Statistical Trading Analysis and Control - Learn to set up Automated Statistical Analysis and Control of your Trading Systems. Learn Reinforcement Learning!
- Forex News and Sentiment Analysis - Learn to stop your Algorithmic Trading System when specific Macroeconomic Events are expected
- Detect Market status with AI - Learn to use Supervised Deep Learning modelling to detect patterns of Financial Assets
- Developing Self Learning Trading Robot - Learn to assemble Smart Learning Algorithms. Predict future price change based on financial data patterns
Color Legend: Related to Algorithmic Trading | Related to Data and Computer Science
what is the message: I believe that the core component of such comprehensive system should be Decision Support System. Expandable system composed of the building blocks.
I hope to discuss these ideas here and hopefully help others to learn computer and data science to boost your carrier and have fun [hopefully also have > ] in trading
Note: Please use this thread to discuss ideas of:
- learning computer and data science with algo - trading;
- using Decision Support System in Algo-trading;
- similar examples already built by others
Recommendation is not to go in deep discussion for each individual topic as to avoid 'information overload. If not exist yet, I would rather create a separate thread
Warning: The methods I am sharing are quite time consuming to reproduce. I have recently reproduced them on separate machine spending about 15 hours [3 hours on troubleshooting with Windows 10]