DislikedHi Jason. Can you talk more about the REST API, is it a new thing? It says it is in testing phase? I can find the following links about it https://github.com/FXCMAPI/FXCM-API-Offerings https://fxcmapi.github.io/rest-api-docs/# https://github.com/FXCMAPI/rest-api-docs <-- Is this section supposed to be visible to the public? But nothing is mentioned on the official site, only API's listed are ForexConnect (lua, java), IndicoreSDK (lua), FIX, and QuantConnect (c#, python, web based) Do you require special privileges...Ignored
I received more detailed information from our API team on using the REST API with a demo during the beta period and wanted to pass it along.
1. A FXCM demo account. You can apply for a demo account here.
2. A persistent access token. You can generate one from the Trading Station web. Click on User Account > Token Management on the upper right hand of the website.
3. Download Rest API word documents here.
4. Documents in Swagger format at here.
6. Sample code for Python at here
7. Sample code for Java Script at here
As for the other tools created by Gehtsoft, a colleague I checked with had not used it yet himself. They are relatively new. I agree that we should organize it better than how they are currently displayed. I will forward this feedback to a colleague of mine. Thank you for that.
REST API looks great so far and will work well for fully automated algorithmic trading, scalping included. This is especially true if you preferred language is Python. REST API is easily accessed in that language.
We're eager to get the REST API fully launched for live accounts, and I'm hoping to have more information to release in the weeks to months ahead.
Risk Disclaimer: Losses can exceed deposited funds.