I've been gathering information about hitting the large lot limits. I am soon hitting 50 lots so I've started my research on this. There's been a number of threads on the topic but few useful information as there are a lot of trolls and skeptics that ruin the threads. I hope to keep this thread clean and free from unnecessary comments except for USEFUL INFORMATION ONLY. Please DO NOT COMMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE TO CONTRIBUTE to the discussion. Please IGNORE the trolls that will post on this thread. Let's keep this thread short, sweet and packed full of good information.
I want this thread to discuss about your experiences with trading large lots 50 to 1000 lot per order, as well as holding positions of 1000 lots and greater.
This thread is NOT about:
- Speculating what trading on greater than 50 lots is like
- Verifying whether the claim of trading xxx lots is true or not
- Signals, coaching, mentorship
- Destructive criticiscm
That said, here are some questions to get the ball rolling:
- How is the execution like on your broker (which broker, pair and time session) when you place an order of 50 lots or greater?
- What leverage does your broker provide for the lot size that you are holding (again, please specify which broker and which country you are trading from so we don't have to keep asking)
- Which brokers (please name them) to go to for the next level after the likes of IC Markets, Pepperstone, Interactive Brokers, LMAX...
- What are the limits of the brokers mentioned above in YOUR EXPERIENCE?
- Minimum amounts of deposit needed by prime brokers (please name names) and leverage provided
- How you went about taking advantage of big leverage for as long and far as you can? (It surely is a lot easier to grow equity at 500x leverage)
Some info in the other threads I've read:
- IC Markets has a position limit of 1000 lots https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=716724
- Some brokers are at 100:1 for 200 to 300 lots, 50:1 for 300 lots, 10:1 for 10,000 lots. https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=383810
- FXSynergy can be used for trade copying across brokers (Gefx)
I've invited some sensible members who have contributed in the other threads to contribute. If you know of any other FF members who trade big, kindly invite them to this thread, many thanks.