Volume Spread Analysis (England) / Volume Range Analysis (North America)
I like the name VRA better as I am a Canadian and in North America we talk about the high and low of a bar as its range, here as in England its called the spread. in North America we call the cost of entering a trade the spread so the name VSA is its a bit confusing North America - but "VSA" is better know.
I want to start a new thread that is "basic VSA/VRA."
I would like a place were people can and will post real trades- in real time with real VSA/VRA
Lets see if other want this as well.
No add ons - just VSA/VRA so
- no MACD - or CCi or RSI or Stoch etc
- no BBands
- no Fibs on
- no power bars etc
on a charts.
I use the TG standard 5sma - its not for trend but momentum - but this is not needed on your charts
- if you like another MA that is fine BUT only 1 MA on a chart.
- that is all please ADD NOTHING ELSE!!!
I use HCL price bars mostly but HOCL bars and candles are ok as well= but nothing less
I do use supply and demand area/zones as per basic VSA/VRA
Any time frames and anything people want to trade is great
- I look at weekly/ day/ 4 hour/1 hour for back ground
- I look to trade on the hour /15 min/3 min
- I do Forex and oil mostly but anything goes.
Please make sure the time frame can be seen on charts
please put the reason for posting the chart - it can be on the chart with named bars or under in the posting.
I follow basic VSA names - but I have simplified bar names. Below are the names I use, but Tradeguider or Wyckoff’ names or are ok
- TL - Trigger Line _____________
- TR - Trading Range
- CA - Climatic Action - Ultra High Volume
- (F) - Mean Failure ie. UT(F) is an Upthrust failure s0 the top of the UT is a trigger line and if price taken it out it is very bullish
- (P) - Potential - a bar then needs confirmation - normally a 2nd bar that followsc
1. TP - Take Profit
2. SL - Stop Loss
3. BE - Break Even
4. ET - Entry
5. TL - Trigger Line
I will post more as we go
people can use TG or TG look a like charts or just bars and volume. (I do not know if there are Wyckoff’ charts, if so they would be great too)