Finding an edge on the marker is hard graft, so lets team up. Testing will be the midas touch, until years of testing and future trading is done the strategies i am about to describe are fickle to say the least.
- This is a thread for technical strategies, we will be in entries when news comes about, good thing is our stops are a good distance away. I have one for news.. it will come later
- Open to discuss and share anything on this thread.
- I prefer using martingale / double up as a recovery method (THIS IS RISKY) So we will discuss and advise how to do this.
- Strategy 41.1 - Hour 1
- Strategy 41.2 - Hour 4
- Strategy 51.1 - Hour 1
- Strategy 51.2 - Hour 4
- Strategy 53.1 - 4 Hour
- Strategy 53.2 - 30 minute
- Strategy 54.1 - 5 minute
- Strategy 98 - News - 5 sec
- Strategy 20 - Magic numbers - 30 minute
- Strategy 50.1 - Engulfing / reversal - 15 minute
- Strategy 50.2 - Engulfing / reversal - Hour 1
Pepperstone, Vantage FX (best spread, min 300)
FXOpen AU, Alpari UK (good brokers but minimum 5- 10 k)
I have tried Suisse and German, nice but spreads not ideal.
I am steering away from USD accounts, so only EUR and GBP.
MT4 only, ive used mt5 i like it but we will be doing multiple entries.
Use other platforms by all means.
Indicators will be mql based.
Minimum 100:1, I use 400:1 (since we double up this will be required)
Trade more pairs and you can expect to dig into your margin and have drawdown of more than 30%
Depending of course on how many pairs and trade size risk.
Link a trading account to your main account and adjust the settings to lower risk.
For example, you have 10,000 EUR
- Open 3 accounts
- Split funds 3 ways, 3000, 3000 and 4000
- Link Acct 2 to Acct 1 (using trade copier, free program will post later)
- Acct 2 has Half trade size setting, place 0.04 in Acct 1, and within milliseconds acct 2 has a trade of 0.02
- Acct 3 is for second entries, more on that later
Why do this, well to preserve capital, no point risking it all in one account. Especially since the above has only been marginally tested (some more than others).
Also since we have a handful of strategies, you will soon be playing like me with several brokerages and several accounts.
This is seriosna, i will create a excel doc for the general masses (see post 6) (Updated)
Wont be going over all of this today, i will edit this post and slowly make my way down the strategy list, trust something good comes of this.
I welcome comments, abusive or not any tips and cheers welcome!
Hoist up the main sails, lets head out to sea...