- Fixed a bug when lauching the EA for the first time (EA took position directly, sometimes too late). Less action but safer !
- Removed the trigger on lower timeframe (V1.0045)
- Changed default settings to reduce DD and stay in profits :
- - ECN to false
- - AllowMultipleTrendTrade to false
- - BreakEvenPips to 10pips
- - BreakEvenProfit to 3
- - JumpingStop to true
- - JumpingStopPips to 10pips
- V1.0045 - Fixed BarCheck
Better results when set to 1 (less DD, higher profits)
This EA is based on the BBands Stop V2 indicator, I used also MACD and MA to confirm enters and/or exists
I coded it quickly using Steve Hopwood's marvelous shell EA (thanks Steve for this!). The code looks a bit messy as I didn't removed all the unused features from the shell EA, forgive me on this.
Don't use this on a live platform as it is still under development !
Here is the logic :
I used it on E/U M15.
BUY when :
- Bbands are below current price
- SMA20 is higher or equals Bbands value
- Macd signal is higher or equals to zero.
SELL when :
- Bbands are above current price
- SMA20 is lower or equals Bbands value
- Macd signal is lower or equals to zero.
To exit a running trade, we close when BBands shows opposite color OR SMA20 is higher for a sell (lower for a buy) or equals to BBVALUE.
Backtesting give positive results on E/U M15.
The purpose of this thread is to fine-tune, optimize the logic of that EA to build something nice and profitable.
Of course, an EA is still an EA and makes mistakes, less than 5% of EA's are working.
Let's tune it :)
This EA is taking screenshots when buys and sells occurs. Those screenshots are saved into /experts/files/bbands_ea/
Attached, you have the EA, BBands indicator and the template I use.
Looking for your comments and constructive critics !