There are going to be a number of robots, to be added as I have the time and inclination to code them. They will be implementations or adaptations of setups described in chapter 10 of 'Technical Analysis of the Currency Market' by Boris Schlossberg. Do a Google search to find a free download of the pdf file. I am not posting a link here because the book is subject to copyright laws and I do not want to break any. The plain fact is, this book is available freely on the net and is essential reading for all rookie traders.
Since starting this thread, Scoobs has posted another title, this time by BS & Kathy Lien - High Probability Trading Setups for the Currency Market. This is a brilliant book; two of the setups are already being used successfully in manual trading by contributors here. If you have no idea who Scoobs is, then you really need to find out; visit http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...85#post3199485 to find out. Good luck.
The purposes of this thread are:
- To make the robots widely available.
- To engage some of the many fertile minds available here at FF.
Some of these robots will be unsuitable for use on US criminal accounts that do not allow hedging. I suggest traders use non-US criminals for your trading. If these dipsticks criminals ban hedging now, then what next?
There are four zip files attached:
- Trading robots contains the source code for the robots. Extract these to the Experts folder.
- Trading systems contains pdf files describing the trading method for each robot.
- Templates contains templates to make setting up the charts easy. Extract these to the Templates folder.
- Indicators contains any indicators you need. Extract them to your Indicators folder.
DO NOT TRADE THESE ROBOTS UNTIL YOU HAVE TRADED THE SYSTEMS MANUALLY AND UNDERSTAND THEM. The mistake so many inexperienced traders make is to think that robots can do all their thinking for them. This is not the case. If you try to trade a robot without understanding the system it trades, you will panic when things appear to be going wrong, and close trades prematurely. There are three stages you should go through before a trading robot hits your live account:
- Trade the system manually on demo to make sure you understand it.
- Trade the system live.
- Demo-trade the robot.
A note to new traders
If you ask newbie questions that show you have no idea what you are doing (and they will show this) I shall ignore them. Try not to be offended. I can code robots or I can answer newbie questions. I can't do both. I ask other contributors to answer these for me.
This is not a you-must-read-the-thread-to-understand threads. If the robots are successful, the thread will grow. All you have to do is read this post, then skip to the end and join in the fun.
Inputs user guide
octomanoak has kindly created an inputs user guide for the robots. This is attached here separately, and also is included in the Trading Systems and Trading Robots zips. This is far more comprehensive that the sketchy details provided in the systems pdf's. My thanks to you, octomanoak; I deeply appreciate your efforts.
Please report bugs, observations, comments. Feel free to suggest enhancements.
Here is the list of robots.
- Steve Hopwood's BS Moving Average and MACD combo.mq4. The multi-pair version trades exactly the same system, but saves having to install it on every chart you wish to trade. Put it on a GJ chart to ensure maximum tick volume.
- Steve Hopwood's BS 5 minute momo.mq4. The multi-pair version trades exactly the same system, but saves having to install it on every chart you wish to trade. Put it on a GJ chart to ensure maximum tick volume.
- Steve Hopwood's BS Asian session breakout multi-pair. A system that trades the breakout from the Asian trading session. This is a multi-pair traders, so put it on a GJ chart to ensure maximum tick volume.
- Steve Hopwood's BS 10 a day multi-pair
- Steve Hopwood's BS Round Number multi-pair.
Live trading: contributors have these robots trading tiny live accounts. Follow us with care and suspicion; these robots are in an early stage of development, so do not risk shed-loads of cash on them:
- 2 MA MACD multi-pair - astral77 and myself.
- 5 minute momo multi-pair.
Setups flagged up by users as looking promising, and so next for automating:
Other robots that look to have a future can be found at: