- Most Forex traders lose all their money.
- Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
- Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
- Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
- This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
- At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
- To trade this robot, you have to understand:
- How to use EA's.
- jiva's trading method at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...99#post5067399
PLEASE NOTE. THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF THIS EA HERE. DEVELOPMENT CONTINUES IN MY OWN FORUM.
DO NOT USE THIS EA ON A LIVE ACCOUNT. IT IS EXPERIMENTAL.
Post 1 in jiva's thread tells you everything you need to know about the trading method. You need the attached indi in your Indicators folder; you do not need it running on your chart.
We have Khalaad to thank for this EA. He drew my attention to the thread and asked me to code the EA. Warm round of applause to Khalaad.
Huge round of applause to jiva34, who developed the trading method and shared it with us at FF.
What I have coded here is based on jiva's post 1, plus Khalaad's enhancement. As usual, I ask you not to clutter up jiva's thread with discussion about this EA; please limit this to posts here. I cordially invite to discuss the methodology freely.
Khalaad posted a brilliant enhancement to the original method; this is about taking additional trades when there is a big move in our favour. At the time, my copy of Word was not playing ball with displaying Khalid's explanation/pseudo-code, so stimpy posted it here at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...94#post5127294
The "Slow BB" inputs control the initial trade. "Fast BB" inputs control the secondary trades; you disable this feature by setting the value of FastLength to zero.
To regular contributors to jiva's thread who cannot post here, you will see how to have the restriction lifted at the end of this post.
The Hanover module allows us to trade in the direction indicated by hanover's Recent Strength indi. I consider this to be the most significant development in my time at FF. Details in the Hanover thread at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=319709 If you use Hanover, I recommend lawgirl's ratio of 1:4 to 1:6 between your trading and higher-direction time frames. For example, if trading the M5 chart, use M30 as your Hanover time frame.
For details about what this does, visit the Hanover thread linked in the previous paragraph.
Hanover and CBI are disabled by default.
You will find descriptions of many of the inputs in the attached Shell User Guide. I wrote it for issue with bots I code in the future. Where you see inputs described that you do not see in the EA's inputs list, ignore them.
For an explanation of their being two sets of BB Stop inputs, read Khalid's post at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...07#post5125607
The D1 open price and daily pivot price lines are drawn as a result of this post by Swg - http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...07#post5132307 As yet, jiva does nothing with these lines; they are drawn in case you want to use them as a part of your deciding which direction to trade the market.
- Be polite and supportive to and of fellow contributors.
- Be positive. Pointlessly negative comments will result in my removing from you, the ability to post in my threads (to see what happens to those who break this rule, read what happened to the dimwit who posted moronically in a different thread: http://www.forexfactory.com/report.php?p=5126642)
- You may be critical. You are allowed to say, "I do not think this will work long term because...................."
- You are not allowed to say, "This is rubbish and anyone who trades it is an idiot."
Have fun. Let's see if this baby can sing.
Matters of general interest
Read this post:
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...11#post4923611 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration. There is a thread devoted to Sam's trading method at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...25#post5118825
Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...79#post4977179
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here at FF. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...94#post4431794, at the bottom of the post.
- MaryJane has posted a fabulous utility to allow us to resize EA input windows: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=299017
- Multi purpose trade manager: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=89371
- Account equity analyser: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...16#post4693716 Also at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...98#post4709098, which includes a template for both USD and the Euro.
- Past-trades display indi by squalou; shows a graphical display of the success/failure of trades in your History tab. Breathtaking piece of work. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...10#post3830610
- My shell EA – the code I use to produce EA's so quickly. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...94#post4431794
Most promising trading EA's
- Spider. I am trading this live. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=313680
- The Beast: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...=1#post4135863 A number of traders are still trading this live.
I have restricted the ability to post in this thread to: traders with at least 1 voucher; and traders on my 'buddy' list. I have done this because I do not want the thread cluttered with 'newbie' questions about the basics. New/inexperienced traders, this is not intended as a direct insult. What I want here is discussion with traders who fully understand what it is they are doing; when you newbs have been around a while, you will come to understand what a difference experience makes to the posts a member writes and shudder at the recollection of some of the questions you asked. I do. http://cdn.forexfactory.com/images/s..._the_floor.gif Go to your profile page; there is a link to the FF page that describes the voucher process.
Do not attempt to get around this by sending me pm's asking for help with your basic problems. Doing so will earn you an automatic ban from all of my threads.
I have set up a partner to my restricted threads at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...66#post3948666
There, you can post the questions that you cannot post here, about anything you need to know. Someone with the knowledge and experience you need will answer.
Traders/coders with experience who have not yet been vouched for, can get around this restriction be being added to my 'buddy' list; all you have to do is pm me to ask me to do this.