Bernie Sanders Floats 95% Corporate Tax Targeting Biggest U.S. Companies
Senator Bernie Sanders is proposing to tax some profits of the largest U.S. corporations as much as 95% in a new bill that would seek to collect more revenue from the largest U.S companies, including JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Chevron Corp., that are earning more than they did before the pandemic and war in Ukraine. “We cannot allow big oil companies and other large, profitable corporations to continue to use the war in Ukraine, the Covid-19 pandemic and the specter of inflation to make obscene profits -- by price-gouging Americans at the gas pump, the grocery store or any other sector of our economy,” Sanders said ... (full story)
- Comment #1
- Mar 26, 2022 4:27pm Mar 26, 2022 4:27pm
- Joined May 2014 | Status: From $1 to Million | 2940 Comments
- Comment #2
- Mar 26, 2022 10:09pm Mar 26, 2022 10:09pm
- | Joined Oct 2021 | Status: wait, who am i again ? | 43 Comments
- Comment #3
- Mar 27, 2022 3:44am Mar 27, 2022 3:44am
- Joined Mar 2011 | Status: I should be on your ignore list | 2344 Comments
- Comment #4
- Mar 27, 2022 1:27pm Mar 27, 2022 1:27pm
- Joined Sep 2006 | Status: Member | 511 Comments
- Comment #5
- Mar 27, 2022 8:47pm Mar 27, 2022 8:47pm
- Joined Nov 2008 | Status: Member | 1 Comment
- Older Stories
The ongoing hawkish push higher in market expectations for 2022's rate-hike trajectory with 9 more rate-hikes now expected by the end of December. But as the chart below shows, as ...
tweet at 8:15am: Swiss National Bank's Jordan: euro-franc parity not economically important https://t.co/7whCuFFCwV https://t.co/jKVBSt03uD
The Bank of Mexico does not need to strictly track the U.S. Federal Reserve's expected interest rates hike path and can tighten monetary policy at its own pace as it seeks to curb ...
- Newer Stories
President Joe Biden said Saturday that Vladimir Putin “cannot remain in power,” dramatically escalating the rhetoric against the Russian leader after his brutal invasion of ...
This year was supposed to be about the easing of the pandemic and the normalization of policy. Instead, Russia's invasion of Ukraine threw a wrench in the macroeconomic forecasts ...
The ramping up of hawkish Fed rhetoric, and the knock-on move higher in US Treasury bond yields, continue to apply downward pressure on EUR/USD with the pair clinging onto the ...