All the indicators used, templates and even a profile for the setup of the charts are in the “Templates and Tools” Zip file below, along with lots of images and examples in the manual and the other Zip files. There is even a strategy for practicing this on a Simulator (www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=70742) found here on FF (included in the Tools Zip below). So don't complain there isn't enough.
I have also included a document titled "Learning To Dance - My Journey," which is about how I got "here" and the process of creating my own strategy. Keep in mind I am not doing much new here, just approaching it a bit differently is all and hopefully in a simpler way.
I don't care about other strategies, there are many good ones, keep them on their own threads and don't pollute this one with any of them. This is about the strategy now called “The Dance” and ONLY about sharing, mastering and improving “The Dance.” It is not about anything else.
I am not a “master,” a “guru,” a fabulous trader or anything like it. I just happen to have developed something that works for me and I believe is simple enough to learn quickly and to “see at a glance” so it can become “second nature” to a trader. It works on pretty much any currency and for as far back as I can get data to review it.
I don't care about petty disputes over how others say it “must” be done, or arguments over time frames, other indicators, arguments between those who post. It's counter productive and useless and it cheats those who would like to learn. For that reason, the “rules” of this thread are as follows.
RULES OF THIS THREAD.
- GROW UP! This is supposed to be a safe place for people to grow and learn. Learn to behave like adults, do some work on your own and read THE FREAKING MANUAL first! THEN follow the rules of the thread, THEN ask questions.
- Stick to THIS strategy or you're history and go on the ignore list so you can't post anymore and waste other people's time.
- BE NICE! If you start trashing someone else, or the strategy you're history and go on the ignore list so you can't post anymore and waste other people's time.
- NO VULGARITY, it's senseless, adds nothing and only weak minds need it to express themselves forcibly. Use it and you're history and go on the ignore list so you can't post anymore and waste other people's time.
- NO ARGUMENTS period. Disagreements and civil discussion is wonderful, get pissy and you're history and go on the ignore list so you can't post anymore and waste other people's time.
- ALL POSTS MUST INCLUDE IMAGES OF BOTH the point of entry WHEN IT WAS TAKEN, not several bars later AND the exit WHEN IT WAS TAKEN. This is about “seeing it live,” not trading from history. Practice the screen capture process before posting to make sure you know how to do it. If you violate this too many times, you'll end up on the ignore list. In the next “Rule” I give you links to some good Screen Capture software and even include a free one in the Zip file below with the Tools in it.
- ALL images must be in either .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format AND be sized so they don't mess with the page width making it hard for others to read and use the thread. There are several really good free ones on the 'Net such as FastStone Capture (www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm) (free version included in the tools Zip file and the one I use), SnapaShot (nicekit.com/screen-capture/best-free-snapshot.htm), HyperSnap (www.hyperionics.com/), and many others, just search (www.google.com/search?q=free+screen+capture+software&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1). Then learn to post the images on FF. If you need help, use this post #344 (www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=3588974&postcount=344). NO EXCUSES! Practice using one before you post. You get one or two chances before you go on the ignore list so you can't post anymore and waste other people's time.
- READ THE MANUAL, do some work on your own. It's all been laid out for you, even how to practice the strategy. If you ask too many questions already answered, you might just end up on the ignore list.
- NO talk of ANY EA, except possibly one to trail the Sop Loss "BY THE RULES" and NO others or you go on the ignore list.
- NO OSCILLATORS OF ANY KIND! They lie way to often waste valuable screen space and for the most part are useless adding only complexity, distraction and nothing of real value. I have used and tried several hundred of the almost 2000 I have downloaded. Most are pretty useless.
- NO FIBS, NO TREND LINES, NO PITCHFORKS, NO GARTLEYS, WOLF WAVES, GANN lines or any other such stuff that would only confuse those trying to learn this strategy. No talk of long term support and resistance levels (we only use them from the past few days as explained in the manual), no talk of “traditional” chart patterns such as Head and Shoulders, triangles, pennants, etc, etc, ad nauseum. Yes they work but they would only confuse those trying to learn this strategy. You risk going on the ignore list and not being able to post if you do much of it.
- PSYCHOLOGY! Don't waste anyone's time arguing about it. THIS strategy takes the point of view that FEAR IS THE ONLY enemy, that even greed can be a good thing if you learn to manage it properly. Learning to be persistent, believing in yourself and the skills you work to develop is CORE to this strategy. There are a good many books on this issue. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (included in the Tools Zip file), The Greatest Salesman In The World (www.amazon.com/Greatest-Salesman-World-Og-Mandino/dp/055327757X)by Og Mandino is awesome and only costs about $7.00 at Amazon. This one book started my life down a very, very good road. I firmly believe that “if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand!” Benjamin Franklin once said, “If a man will empty his purse into his mind, his purse will never be empty.” The only ones who are ever defeated are the ones who give up. If you don't believe it first, you'll never have it. Patience and Discipline are next in line. Read the manual for it. 'Nuff said about Psychology.
- This is a 15 minute strategy that can also be used on several other time frames. Try to stick to the 15 minute version for continuity's sake. If you get too far into talking about another time frame version of this, take it to another thread so you don't confuse people on this one. Too many violations, you get a waring, then you go on the ignore list. Be kind to those who have less experience and don't confuse them, trading can be hard enough without any help.
- I only comment on images posted, or post myself AFTER TRADING is finished for me for the day.
- I won't hesitate to ask for a cleanup on posts that confuse the purpose of this thread or were made by someone who ended up on the ignore list.
- Lastly, GROW A PAIR and take responsibility for your trading! Neither the market nor the borkers (yes I spelled it the way I meant it) even care about you and your account. Some borkers do hunt stops, but they have to hunt ALL stops, not just yours or fraud would be easy to prove against them. NO WHINING about it! If you got stopped out, you did not get taken advantage of, YOU made the decisions to trade, where to put your SL and until you grow a pair and start admitting your responsibility, you will not succeed. If you start whining, you go on the ignore list so you can't post anymore and waste other people's time.
I hate to be so draconian with the rules, but I have seen too many good threads destroyed by the pettiness of mental midgets who think they have a right to throw their puke all over everyone else or think they have the only valid solution to the FOREX puzzle, when in fact there are hundreds of good ones. This is just one more, but perhaps a simpler one to actually “see” while you trade live.
I have no personal “Axe” to grind, I wish no one anything but great success, but I have no patience or tolerance for bullies, educated idiots or arrogant boneheads, Trolls and Troglodytes. Get over it and grow up!
With that said, let's get down to business. There are several files posted below. Then everything is posted in one of the Zip file below so the PDF documents would “fit” by attachment sizing rules. If you need a good program to unzip them, there are also several of those around if you search (www.google.com/search?q=free+zip+utility&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1) for them. AlZip (download.cnet.com/ALZip/3000-2250_4-10326198.html?tag=mncol) is a good free one and the tool I use.
What I AM NOT doing in this thread is babysitting. I am NOT making a lifelong commitment to teaching what I am doing or to being on the thread every day of my life. I AM giving back to the community for all the free information, research, learning and growth I got here and I am also doing this for a very selfish reason. I know that the more I “give” the better I “get” and the more charts I see, the better my own trading becomes. Analyzing charts based on THIS strategy makes me a much better trader and I enjoy helping others.
I am also honoring some of those here who have played a strong role in my trading development like Endroute, who is an amazing trader consistently earning 300 to 500 pips per week, no matter the market, the cycle, the trend or the news. He just keeps milking the market, trading a few hours a day each day. He has been a great inspiration. If he would let me, I'd tell you more, but he wont. Other's like EOHater, James16 and more are mentioned in the manual, but Endroute did the most for me.
There is also a file below that is titled “Learning To Dance” about how I got to where I am now in all this. I heard over and over again, “Develop your OWN strategy” but no one ever said how. That is what this file is about. Hope you enjoy it.
Enjoy and have fun, but remember the rules of the thread. I won't waste time explaining them again, or using the ignore list (mine already has over 60 user names on it). So, if you find you can't post, you probably got pissy with someone in another thread and most likely it was more than once. If you think you're on it erroneously, PM me and maybe I'll consider removing you ONCE, but never twice.
The next post will have an example of the three main trades, IN THE FORMAT I EXPECT EVERYONE TO FOLLOW. I put in tons of time to document this and to most of the work for you where this strategy is concerned. The least you can do is follow the rules. By the way, in the file “Three Trades Live Examples” there are lots more, with comments on them.
Now, for the files. If you have any problems downloading them, click on the paper clip at the top right of this page and a pop up will open with a list of attachments. Download from there as sometimes FF attachments end up with a “.php” at the end of them when downloaded from the page itself, making them impossible to open. The pop up never seems to have that issue.
God bless, and good trading to you all
P.S. here is a link to the page with a newly updated manual and tools zip file. Enjoy! Post #256 (www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=3568994&postcount=256)
5 Digit Borker Issues: There have been several questions about 5 digit borkers. The following posts give answers to dealing that the Scripts and so on while using 5 digit borkers. There are more, so please serch the thread for any other isues you're facing, we have answered them all in the thread.
- #180 (www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=3562594&postcount=180) MT4 settings to allow script useage.
- #247 (www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=3566603&postcount=247)Modified buy/sell scripts for 5 digit (www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=3566603&postcount=247)
- #584 (www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=3625802&postcount=584) Modivied Round Numbers Indicator
UPDATE: A Live chatroom has been setup here (by Juneman) to help learn "The Dance (fxinvestor.co.uk/?page_id=417)."