Ignored Show Content
- Commercial Member
- Last Online:
- Using Local Time:
- Joined Forex Factory:
- Feb 2009
Input by strat
- Real Name:
- Strat (even the wife calls me that after my guitar
- Trading From:
- California, United States
- Full time trader
- Trading Involvement:
- Full-Time Trader
- Trading Forex Since:
- December 1995
- Trading Style(s):
- Price Action
- Trading Philosophy:
- PASR - Price Action at Support & Resistance
- Pairs Traded:
- AUD/CAD, AUD/CHF, AUD/JPY, AUD/NZD, AUD/USD, CAD/CHF, CAD/JPY, CHF/JPY, EUR/AUD, EUR/CAD, EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, EUR/NZD, EUR/USD, GBP/AUD, GBP/CAD, GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, GBP/NZD, GBP/USD, NZD/CAD, NZD/CHF, NZD/JPY, NZD/USD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY
- Other Markets Traded:
- Forex Only
- Favorite Trading Book:
- Noddy and Big Ears go to the Market, by Noddy & Big Ears
- Favorite Trading Quote:
- "You can only be wrong twice - once at the top and once at the bottom" — Strat after talking to Dr. Joe
- This is my 24th year of "serious" trading having traded everything that you can hold, eat, smell, taste and grow. I started out on the Daily time frame, blew numerous accounts and over $200K. I have bought books, videos, tapes, dvds, systems, black boxes, and paid stupid, stupid money to attend seminars by those famous $million traders.
I am a degreed mechanical engineer by profession so I love technical analysis and spent hours, days, months and years modifying and developing indicators and devising my own systems. The dawn of realisation hit me several years ago when I realised all I was doing was re-living history. At about the same time, I came across a few professional traders and ex - floor traders and thought this was my golden opportunity to learn THE SECRET. Well it was - but not what I expected!
Far from having super - dooper highly fandangled systems, I learned all they had was their EYES and EARS! No fancy squiggly lines for them - if it went up, they bought; if it went down they sold. Every single one of them told me the same thing - TRADING IS SIMPLE, DON'T COMPLICATE IT.
After having success on the Daily and Weekly time frames, I decided I needed something to do during the day, so I thought I will do the same thing but on M5 time frame. Wow, I couldn't do it. Everything was just moving too fast for me, the wheels between my ears couldn't keep up!
I then stumbled across some professional traders who left their trading jobs and set up on their own and published their strategy on another forum. I eventually got M5 and M15 to work for me but it was so stressful. After spending all day watching the one eyed monster for a measly 100 pips or so, I felt so mentally and emotionally drained that I couldn't sleep well at night. Then as my health deteriorated, so did my profits.
Again, another moment of realisation for me - I'm not suited for anything faster than trading the Daily. I practiced and trained myself on the Daily and up and that is where I belong.
I will post my analysis and trades here for anyone who is interested and hopefully share further insight with like minded traders.
I will apologise right now for my weird sense of humour but I need balance in my life and I know no better way than having a good laugh - usually at my own expense! I celebrated my 3rd 22nd birthday this June but usually feel like a 18 year old!
I was a lead guitarist in a group back in England in the early 60s playing Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison and Elvis plus all the other stuff. I made it through the Holly inspired British rock n roll era until Jimi Hendrix came on the scene playing scales I couldn't even pronounce let alone play! (Pentatonic, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian, Dorian etc.). At that point me and my 57 Telecaster and 59 Stratocaster decided to call it a day!
Everyone, including the trouble and strife call me "Strat" because of my addiction to my 1959 Fender STRATocaster. She says I love that more than I do her - sssh, don't tell her!
Ignored Show Content
Showing 40 (view all 119)