* * *
This indicator displays the last 3 candles of any timeframe on the right side of your chart plus gives a human voice speech alert when candle close is imminent. AnyCandleGroup lets you keep things elegantly simple on your chart. Anycandle is useful especially if you take into account volume/spread analysis in your trading decisions.
- Displays the last 3 candles of any timeframe on the right side of your chart
- Gives easy to understand english speaking human voice alarms if candle close is imminent (voice package needs to be downloaded and installed)
- Gives visible alert by changing candle colour when candle is going to close
- Alarm levels are adjustable from seconds to minutes according to your needs
- Indicator can be switched ON/OFF without removing it from the chart
- Code is optimized to minimize the software footprint and utilizes the latest Metatrader 4 enhancements (supports build 600 and above):
How to install
1. Download AnyCandleGroup_v1.4.zip and Sounds.zip
2. Extract the ZIP files to your temporary folder.
3. Copy the ex4 file to the following folder:
4. Copy the WAV files to the folder below:
..\Program Files (x86)\Your-MetaTrader\sounds\
5. You are ready to go.
How to use
- Switch on the Chart Shift function in your Metatrader (click the button on the toolbar).
- Add an AnyCandleGroup instance to your chart
- Set the TimeFrame property: AnyCandleGroup will display the last 3 candles of this timeframe (H4 candles by default).
- Set the Position property. Change only if you use more than one AnyCandleGroup indicator on the same chart, otherwise you can leave it as is (default is 7).
- Set the Alarm settings: set the time and unit of measure (min = minutes; sec = seconds) settings are case-insensitive, so 5 min or 5 Min is the same (alert is OFF and set to 5 min by default)
Hints on usage
- You can add more than one AnyCandleGroup instance to the same chart. Let's say you have an M15 chart and want to see the last three H4 candles, Day candles and Week candles also. In this case you have to add three AnyCandleGroup instances to your chart. Don't forget to set the Position porperty for the 2nd and 3rd instances (set 7 for the 1st group, set 15 for the second instance and 23 for the third), otherwise your second/third group will be displayed over the first one.
- Do not add more than 3 AnyCandleGroup instances to the same chart (you can but useless)
- Enable the alarm feature only in one AnyCandleGroup instance for a given timeframe. This way you can eliminate replicated alerts.
- Use AnyCandle together with any quality volume indicator eg. SonicR indicators from TAH.
- Note that current version of AnyCandle uses your broker's server time. A brokers server time determines the open/close time of the 4hr candles you see on your MT4 chart. Why this piece of information is important? For example, if my broker starts the day at 00:00 GMT+0 and let's say your broker's MT4 starts one hour later (at 00:00 GMT+1 hour), our H4 charts will end up looking very different. When looking at your charts it is important that you see what the majority of people see. And most of the worlds traders are using servers running in GMT+0. The reason is that most of the volume in Forex market occurs in the London session. To be able to show different H4 candles would need a sophisticated calculation routine built into AnyCandle. I plan to add this feature in the near future.
If you want to see the last three H4 and Day - candles on your M15 chart, and wants to be alarmed 5 minutes before your H4 candle closes, you have to drop two AnyCandleGroup indicators to your chart and set them up as follows:
H4 - candles (AnyCandleGroup1):
- Timeframe = H4
- Position = 7
- Alarm_On = true
- AlarmStartBeforeClose = 5
- AlarmStartMeasure = min
Day - candles (AnyCandleGroup2):
- Timeframe = D
- Position = 15
- Alarm_On = false
1. There are three AnyCandleGroup indicators on my Indicator list, but I can see only one AnyCandleGroup on the chart. What is wrong?
The Position property has the same value in each AnyCandleGroup instances. Set a unique value for each of them (see settings in Example above).
2. Sometimes I can see unwanted AnyCandleGroup candles across my chart. Why is that?
Usually this happens when your PC wakes up from standby after a longer period of time and MT4 starts refreshing its charts. From version 1.4, AnyCandleGroup has a scheduled built-in clean-up process that starts within a minute after your MT4 terminal resumes (be patient). This automatic process works only when forex market is open. Or, you can refresh your chart manually, by changing your chart timeframe to a different timeframe for a while, then back to M15 (or whatever it was).
3. What happens if I set an invalid alarm start value?
Do not worry, AnyCandleGroup will not accept invalid settings and will recommend appropriate param values instead.
4. Is it possible to change AnyCandle's colours by the user?
Yes. Colours are fully customizable by the user in the Style - section (see Step-2 pic).
This indicator is free for any non-commercial use.
1.41: Alert time calculation bug fixed
1.40: Code is re-designed for latest MT4 and optimized to minimize the software footprint plus displays the last 3 candles of the selected timeframe
1.30: Added week and month candles
1.20: Body and shadow colors are user adjustable (good news for white templates)
1.10: TimeShift and human speach alerts added
1.00: initial release