The problem was Solved
Recently, many traders faced with the fact that their common calendar indicators in MT4 stopped working or even started to hang/crash the terminal.
Lags occur due to the fact that indicator can not receive a response from the server with the data. Unfortunately, the xml calendar page from FF is heavily overloaded and such failures occur periodically. The reason is that some coders set too frequent request to the server, and 1000 users who installed this indicator create an already noticeable server load.
To avoid such situations, I made a Calendar Indicator that has the ability to switch automatically between different sources in order to always remain in working condition. In addition, the frequency of requests to the server does not exceed once per hour.
Now about the indicator itself and what is the difference between it and other similar indicators:
1. It doesn't show “numbers” with previous, forecast and actual values. First of all, you will never have a chance to react to the “number”, because it is published with a delay, and the terminal (or indicator) also has its own unregulated delay. Secondly, a lot of traders do not use a fundamental analysis, so they are only interested in the news from the point of upcoming volatility.
2. The design of the indicator is minimalistic. The menu with the title of the news appears only when clicked and hides automatically. Thus, the chart on which the indicator is installed remains clean and you can fully use it, and not sacrifice the whole window in favor of the news indicator.
3. This version of the indicator shows news not only for the current week, but also for the next one. So now, on Friday you will see the news on the following Monday, Tuesday and so on.
- Filter News by Currencies. Several options for news country filtering. Current Symbol = auto; All symbols; Defined - see next option.
- Defined Currencies. You can manually add currencies, which you want to see on the chart. Field syntax: "USD,GBP,NZD,TRY"...
- Filter By Volatility. Filter news by their Impact. Available options: Only 3 stars; 2 and 3 stars; show all news.
- Hours Ahead / Behind. For how many hours behind and ahead news should be shown.
- Refresh interval (in minutes) - from 5 to 60 minutes.
- Server Time Offset. Auto by defaults. Pick a proper time offset based on your brokers terminal time zone. Usually it is +2 or +3.
- Show till TimeFrame. If you pick H1, than news on h4 and higher will not be shown.
- Display Symbol Names. Turns on / off the display of the currency name, only the "stars" will remain on the chart.
- Text Position. Display labels at top or at the bottom of the screen.
- Show Tooltips. If enabled, when you hover the mouse on the news you will see a tooltip.
===Popup Panel Settings===
- Indicator Position. Here you can choose in which corner the information window with news will be displayed.
- Horizontal/Vertical Offset. Set the desired paddings from the corner of the chart.
- Color Scheme. Allows you to choose between a color palette for dark and light charts or its auto detect.
- Alert Method. Pick a suitable alert method: play Sound, Alert (Noisy Popup). You can also turn off alerts.
- Notify Before N Minutes. You can set the alert to trigger a few minutes before the event.
- Sound File. Sound file to be played. All available sound files can be found at terminal installation directory in /sounds folder.
1. Download and unzip the archive to the MQL4 folder of the terminal;
2. Restart the terminal and run the indicator;
3. Allow import of DLLs.
The News indicator is free and works without any restrictions.
06.09.19 - update details.
Latest Version: 1.03
News.Calendar.ex4 117 KB | 1,137 download | Uploaded Sep 6, 2019 10:14am