Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   Real or Algo (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/992929-real-or-algo)

pooh123 Jul 1, 2020 4:44am | Post# 621

1 Attachment(s)
The same old story unfolds again and again. In the AUDUSD chart, the white line marked the sell stops before they were taken out. The blue line marked the buy stops above. Yesterday after the stop run I placed a long trade but took profit too early. MM might be aiming for those buy stops above. Price might reach the level around 0.69450. I'm just not sure. 0.69250 looks to be a more likely target.

The blue line is not at a swing point. How do I know there are buy stops there ? Well, my orderbook tool shows it. My tool is not so good/ reliable as that of Fractalfreak. I only use it as an assisting tool.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 0425.JPG
Size: 106 KB

mixedbags Jul 1, 2020 6:16am | Post# 622

1 Attachment(s)
Whatever being placed on the chart should be to the advantage of the one who put it there - that is to look out for the best probability.
We are all seeking for a better edge to place our trade.

Click to Enlarge

Name: MBLXzNF.png
Size: 71 KB

check marks are for me to consider whether is it the best value to BUY or SELL.
Fib extension; 4hrs ADR, Round Number; TMA

Market does not care what I put there.

mixedbags Jul 1, 2020 7:42am | Post# 623

or have you use your chart and follow a lady who day in, night out pocketing 10 pips after 10 pips with live trade - total 100% transparent.
she said +60 pips blink of eye

mixedbags Jul 1, 2020 8:51am | Post# 624

1 Attachment(s)
Price reacted at Fib 62; 50% 4 hr ADR and at the fringe of my H1 TMA setting.
So those things that I put on the chart help me to read the chart.

Click to Enlarge

Name: tDblMnn.png
Size: 52 KB

we just don't want to be caught in a suprise.

no need to give riddles, upon riddles, upon riddles just to get a high for being eccentric. Just smoke some heroin or marijuana

RickM Jul 1, 2020 10:37am | Post# 625

Price reacted at Fib 62; 50% 4 hr ADR and at the fringe of my H1 TMA setting. So those things that I put on the chart help me to read the chart. {image} we just don't want to be caught in a suprise. no need to give riddles, upon riddles, upon riddles just to get a high for being eccentric. Just smoke some heroin or marijuana
Hi Mixedbags

I see many traders placing indicators on a chart to help them trade but no body else knows what the hell they are doing.

So what are you actually trading?, trends, reversals, scalping, fibs, ADR, manipulation, your girl friends calls.
Please show us a trade or an entry point so we can understand what you are doing.

Cheers

mixedbags Jul 1, 2020 10:40am | Post# 626

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: cz8PmY0.png
Size: 46 KB

when price reach here, then I must make decision. should I jump in.

But i do look at the overall strength of USD. on my laptop I have all the USD pairs for me to see the strength of usd.

phi1ipp Jul 1, 2020 10:47am | Post# 627

1 Attachment(s)
Missed this one Picture perfect off of H1 target and TMA. Only missing piece is Rick's HA/APB validation
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 9.46.07 AM.png
Size: 24 KB

deafpostman Jul 1, 2020 11:28am | Post# 628

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting.... trying to figure out what this Algo is up to... building up orders and then scooping them up... What would I do if I was an Algo? Where are the sheeple. More importantly how do I stop being a part of the herd of sheeple.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image2.png
Size: 127 KB

erann Jul 1, 2020 12:52pm | Post# 629

{image} when price reach here, then I must make decision. should I jump in. But i do look at the overall strength of USD. on my laptop I have all the USD pairs for me to see the strength of usd.
Hello kind sir,where do you get those session opening indicator?could you perhaps share with us?

RickM Jul 1, 2020 5:46pm | Post# 630

1 Attachment(s)
Missed this one Picture perfect off of H1 target and TMA. Only missing piece is Rick's HA/APB validation {image}
Hi phi1ipp

Here is that setup on APB Bars.
Generally I only trade these when I see a very aggressive grind occurring.

Cheers
Click to Enlarge

Name: gj jjjjj.png
Size: 85 KB

phi1ipp Jul 1, 2020 6:16pm | Post# 631

{quote}Generally I only trade these when I see a very aggressive grind occurring. Cheers {image}
Thank you, Rick. Did I get you right, that you would not trade this setup in the conditions present at that time? Or that you trade with APB confirmation, only when aggressive grind is in place?

CashBox Jul 1, 2020 6:17pm | Post# 632

1 Attachment(s)
I AM THE ALGO!
Oh, wait, nope, i was asleep and missed the US session trade today.
Click to Enlarge

Name: week of 6 28 20 How big money works, flow of the market.JPG
Size: 364 KB

mixedbags Jul 1, 2020 6:23pm | Post# 633

{quote} Hello kind sir,where do you get those session opening indicator?could you perhaps share with us?
Market Panel Display Controller cycle.mq4

mixedbags Jul 1, 2020 6:31pm | Post# 634

1 Attachment(s)
The indicators I added are mostly static lines. I incorporated them as a visual guide to make decision. I still need to make decision and take responsibility of the trade, not the indicators, whatever they are.

Click to Enlarge

Name: przV0zg.png
Size: 121 KB

looking at the strength of cross pair or taking a hint from it correlated pair, add value to me, it may be the most stupid thing for other traders to do. That is their prerogative.
o yes target above all else target - whereas some are highly successful just based off target. Then good for them, I don't quarrel with them but I do hope 1 day I can incorporate into my chart, who know

mixedbags Jul 1, 2020 6:57pm | Post# 635

1 Attachment(s)
The ALGO is here!

Click to Enlarge

Name: LQ8n0dg.png
Size: 1.4 MB

all I did was to put some orderliness on my chart by confining PA within TMA - M15, H1, H4

CashBox Jul 1, 2020 7:26pm | Post# 636

The ALGO is here! {image} all I did was to put some orderliness on my chart by confining PA within TMA - M15, H1, H4
Whatever you said sounds good to me! All I care is that it works consistently.

mixedbags Jul 1, 2020 7:48pm | Post# 637

{quote} Whatever you said sounds good to me! All I care is that it works consistently.
yes, consistency is what we are seeking for as we hone our skill.

RickM Jul 1, 2020 8:13pm | Post# 638

{quote} Thank you, Rick. Did I get you right, that you would not trade this setup in the conditions present at that time? Or that you trade with APB confirmation, only when aggressive grind is in place?
Yes, I only look at APB bars on huge aggressive grind where the likelihood of a large pullback is strong.
On most passive grinds, we would leave too many pips on the table by using those bars.
So the trick for me is trading the grind, not the target as the sole entry point. A perfect grind for me is one where market orders are not dense which creates reasonable size pullbacks just after a target has been hit. GBPJPY offers some of the best target, grind shape pullbacks and a good source of an income. Other pairs I trade which normally provide good average passive grinds are EU, AU, GN, AJ, Gold.
Pairs I avoid are normally UC, EJ, UJ. (Hate this pair with a passion) because the grinds destroy targets.
Another thing I feel is important is we are trading the 1 minute exhaustion, not the M15 / H1 / H4 charts. Once I set up my targets. I never leave M1 again.
Ever.

Last night trading 6 pairs, I picked up 2.2% increased equity just focussing on grind expansion leading to exhaustion. Most of those calls were shared within a trading group of manic scalpers.

Cheers

CashBox Jul 1, 2020 9:07pm | Post# 639

{quote} yes, consistency is what we are seeking for as we hone our skill.
Yes, I have some of that consistency stuff. It makes trading quite enjoyable.

mixedbags Jul 1, 2020 9:07pm | Post# 640

1 Attachment(s)
Once upon a time I used this indicator (skull) together with Semafor, I tot I have found the holy grail till it blow my account.
Then I tot to myself if I turn it around then it might help me to avoid the grind or go with the grind. Now I used it to see when the grind might stop and reverse.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Xur3pWa.png
Size: 147 KB

use it alone is a hell no. but incorporate it in my chart, it does show me that window.

© Forex Factory