Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   Real or Algo (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/992929-real-or-algo)

moodybot Apr 15, 2020 4:56am | Post# 1

Real or Algo

It was suggested that a thread may gain some traction discussing supply/demand ...targets...support/resistance and all nuances there of..
Keep it clean, respect opinions.
Have something to discuss?
Go for it.

If no interest no probs, I’ll close it down.

Added 05/05/2020

For general reference only...George closed the thread...however...he will post when the need arises..
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=874421

moodybot Apr 20, 2020 7:03pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Real or Algo, supply and demand, support and resistance or even Cot report.
How did price stop a pip or two away from the target with the real gotcha hiding underneath...would price revisit the () support?

Ancient Alien theorists say yes.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GJ Trap door.png
Size: 34 KB

bluesteele Apr 20, 2020 7:14pm | Post# 3

Real or Algo, supply and demand, support and resistance or even Cot report. How did price stop a pip or two away from the target with the real gotcha hiding underneath...would price revisit the () support? Ancient Alien theorists say yes. {image}
Psychology of the market.
Shhhh...the Algo isn't real

None of its real !
Just a random move

slb Apr 20, 2020 7:29pm | Post# 4

what is i don't know, but someone or something build a scenario to collect our money
like today on euro they collected some $ from me with those moves up down up down until we break

moodybot Apr 20, 2020 7:59pm | Post# 5

what is i don't know, but someone or something build a scenario to collect our money like today on euro they collected some $ from me with those moves up down up down until we break
Thatís the idea.. to take your money in a way that makes the Algo look completely natural.
As Kevin said in the previous post, psychology and there are no random moves.
That chart that I posted happens day in day out, all pairs all time frames.

moodybot Apr 20, 2020 8:10pm | Post# 6

{quote} Psychology of the market. Shhhh...the Algo isn't real None of its real ! Just a random move
The Algo isnít real........

moodybot Apr 20, 2020 11:33pm | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: GJ Stop Hunt.png
Size: 33 KB

BWilliam Apr 20, 2020 11:45pm | Post# 8

{quote} Psychology of the market. Shhhh...the Algo isn't real None of its real ! Just a random move
I agree with moodybot this occurs on all pairs and timeframe however I don't know if this is "done by a single Algo to deceive and manipulate the mass traders to relieve them off their money".

Thank god that this happens in a predictable fashion that I can exploit, however, it gains nothing for me to explain the cause.

bluesteele Apr 20, 2020 11:57pm | Post# 9

{image}
Great charts Buddy!!

And as always it takes them out with a swift move !

Poor Mr Stops never had a chance.

Im starting to think your Psychic ???

moodybot Apr 20, 2020 11:59pm | Post# 10

{quote} I agree with moodybot this occurs on all pairs and timeframe however I don't know if this is "done by a single Algo to deceive and manipulate the mass traders to relieve them off their money". Thank god that this happens in a predictable fashion that I can exploit, however, it gains nothing for me to explain the cause.

Perhaps the reason why isn't required, just the understanding that the market has a defined mathematical structure that as you say, can be exploited.

BWilliam Apr 21, 2020 12:08am | Post# 11

{quote} Perhaps the reason why isn't required, just the understanding that the market has a defined mathematical structure that as you say, can be exploited.
I agree with this mathematical structure definition. 70% of the trades are executed by algos. Algos execute trades base on coded instructions that's math in nature. By extension, this makes the structure more "regulated within defined limits" compared to prior Algo execution. The higher percentage the algos share of market execution the more regular the market structure. This is the new phenomenon that's good for us traders.

RickM Apr 21, 2020 12:27am | Post# 12

Hi Moodybot

Without doubt we are dealing with a Algorithm that controls the market very tightly. Mathematics proves this without doubt.

Here is how I see it, and what my equity curve proves on my accounts

Does it have intelligence- No
Does it move the market - Yes by creating space
Does it seek targets- Yes itís the result of creating vacuums.

It creates space by fixing the distance price can move on all timeframes on any ONE move. This false resistance encourages traders into placing passive orders into tight groups that are high in density, therefore have weight.
The heaviest pools of liquidity have the largest vacuums of space nearby. - GAPS

The key ingredient on what the Algorithm really is -
ALGORITHM LIMITS PRICE EXPANSION

hint hint

Cheers

moodybot Apr 21, 2020 12:39am | Post# 13

{quote} Great charts Buddy!! And as always it takes them out with a swift move ! Poor Mr Stops never had a chance. Im starting to think your Psychic ???
Mate, my wife knows Iím psychic... Iím always wrong..

BWilliam Apr 21, 2020 12:40am | Post# 14

This is my prediction.

With the influx of the best brains attracted into the Algo segment and the increasing Algo share in execution, there may come a time where future price value can be accurately predicted granting an unfair "insiders info" situation to this few. To the extent that the purpose of this auction market model fails to achieve it's equitable purpose. It will necessitate a replacement model to value the currencies. I am not surprised that gov funded initiatives are already in place. This possibility is not too far off.

moodybot Apr 21, 2020 12:41am | Post# 15

{quote} I agree with this mathematical structure definition. 70% of the trades are executed by algos. Algos execute trades base on coded instructions that's math in nature. By extension, this makes the structure more "regulated within defined limits" compared to prior Algo execution. The higher percentage the algos share of market execution the more regular the market structure. This is the new phenomenon that's good for us traders.
I would go further and suggest every pip move has a reason to be there, 100%.. can I trade that 100%, no, but other parts of the structure, yep.

moodybot Apr 21, 2020 12:44am | Post# 16

Hi Moodybot Without doubt we are dealing with a Algorithm that controls the market very tightly. Mathematics proves this without doubt. Here is how I see it, and what my equity curve proves on my accounts Does it have intelligence- No Does it move the market - Yes by creating space Does it seek targets- Yes itís the result of creating vacuums. It creates space by fixing the distance price can move on all timeframes on any ONE move. This false resistance encourages traders into placing passive orders into tight groups that are high in density, therefore...
Agreed 100% Rick

I need to revisit some of Georges thread as a reminder, but he is absolutely right regarding the intraday and the (less known or thought about) levels or areas.

RickM Apr 21, 2020 1:19am | Post# 17

{quote} Agreed 100% Rick I need to revisit some of Georges thread as a reminder, but he is absolutely right regarding the intraday and the (less known or thought about) levels or areas.
Hi Moodybot

George Aus did tell us how the algo works both in Skype calls and within his posts
Most of us including myself just overlooked his words on expansion and went straight to his target levels and his TMA settings.

It took me 5 months to work it out by removing the TMA’s and applying mathematics.
But basically he is 100% correct.

Cheers

moodybot Apr 21, 2020 1:47am | Post# 18

{quote} Hi Moodybot George Aus did tell us how the algo works both in Skype calls and within his posts Most of us including myself just overlooked his words on expansion and went straight to his target levels and his TMA settings. It took me 5 months to work it out by removing the TMAís and applying mathematics. But basically he is 100% correct. Cheers
I remember him steeping the fib across, proving conclusively the mathematical bias to the market.
But you are right, we just looked at the TMA and targets.

George AUS Apr 21, 2020 9:06pm | Post# 19

GREAT PROJECT ANDY ! ! ! !

TARGETS ,,, TARGETS ,,, TARGETS ! ! !

PSYCHOLOGY APPLICATION ,,, IS THEEEE SECRET ! ! !
In Summary ,,,,
first is ,,,, 98% Psychology ,,,
Then 2% price action and everything else ,,,,,

Just my humble opinion ,,,,

Cheers
George

moodybot Apr 21, 2020 9:32pm | Post# 20

GREAT PROJECT ANDY ! ! ! ! TARGETS ,,, TARGETS ,,, TARGETS ! ! ! PSYCHOLOGY APPLICATION ,,, IS THEEEE SECRET ! ! ! In Summary ,,,, first is ,,,, 98% Psychology ,,, Then 2% price action and everything else ,,,,, Just my humble opinion ,,,, Cheers George

Thanks George...might have to have a refresher with you, but targets are the No.1 application that should be on every chart.
Anything else is just guessing and potluck.

A.

© Forex Factory