Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   Real or Algo (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/992929-real-or-algo)

mik2012 Jun 24, 2020 3:35pm | Post# 541

3 Attachment(s)
Is this a regular contradiction of momentum? I'm not sure if I understood that correctly in George's thread. {image}
Hi Chris!
Correct me if I'm wrong ... EC all MAs are straightened to move up. Suddenly we have a gap closure and the price of H1,M15 goes down below MA20 below MA7. Here it shoots in the momentum
Name:  2020-06-24  22.33.20.png
Views: 983
Size:  65 KB
Name:  2020-06-24  22.31.54.png
Views: 970
Size:  45 KB
Name:  2020-06-24  22.30.44.png
Views: 967
Size:  44 KB

ayoayo Jun 25, 2020 4:29pm | Post# 542

[quote=RickM;13012594]Hi Guys I get many questions asking me how to handle a Grind when it just doesn't stop at targets but keeps moving higher or lower. On the Target theory, we hope price hits a target to the pip then reverses but as most traders know, many times it just keeps on grinding. Here is one of my low risk methods I use when I see a large aggressive grind approaching a Target - especially a grind after a recent news event like tonight. Here I choose to use APB price bars and just wait for a strong cross over a Target then wait for a thrust up candle that opens above the low of the primary low candle and then take a trade.

Please if I may ask, can someone please explain what APB price bars are

phi1ipp Jun 25, 2020 4:34pm | Post# 543

It's like Heiken-Ashi bar chart almost. I think APB has slightly adjusted algorithm to calculate the bar, but it's almost the same. I think it stands for Average Price Bar. I tried to google, and it's one of few first links https://forex-station.com/viewtopic.php?t=8423168

ayoayo Jun 25, 2020 5:27pm | Post# 544

[quote=RickM;13012594]Hi Guys I get many questions asking me how to handle a Grind when it just doesn't stop at targets but keeps moving higher or lower. On the Target theory, we hope price hits a target to the pip then reverses but as most traders know, many times it just keeps on grinding. Here is one of my low risk methods I use when I see a large aggressive grind approaching a Target - especially a grind after a recent news event like tonight. Here I choose to use APB price bars and just wait for a strong cross over a Target then wait for a thrust up candle that opens above the low of the primary low candle and then take a trade.

AhmadHassan6 Jun 26, 2020 3:19pm | Post# 545

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Another filter that I adopt is to take only the levels never touched by the price. So only maxima and minima never intercepted. {image} This is my vision, right or wrong that it is ..
Hi, Francesco...!
You are really doing very good.
Had anyone here tried the attached indicator instead of placing the horizontal lines manually?
Hopefully, it will help.

Regards
R4M-Detective.ex4
R4M-Detective-MTF-HLF.ex4

mik2012 Jun 26, 2020 4:00pm | Post# 546

1 Attachment(s)
EC just happy lately ..
Click to Enlarge

Name: DD23B424-2621-4912-9E08-46C305BB5DFB.png
Size: 164 KB

moodybot Jun 26, 2020 8:59pm | Post# 547

Thanks to all those who are posting.., have been away for a couple of weeks so hopefully will be able to contribute some thoughts, ideas again. Must get George out of hibernation..

RickM Jun 26, 2020 10:19pm | Post# 548

{quote} Hi, Francesco...! You are really doing very good. Had anyone here tried the attached indicator instead of placing the horizontal lines manually? Hopefully, it will help. Regards {file} {file}
Yes, but be careful as it eats up your chip processing abilities. Put those on too many charts and you will get frozen out of MT4.
Steve put some great Indicators on his thread so it’s worth looking at his work. On a personal level, he did upset a few traders here that may read this thread, including me. He took his bat and ball and ran away.

Cheers

AhmadHassan6 Jun 27, 2020 3:54am | Post# 549

{quote} Yes, but be careful as it eats up your chip processing abilities. Put those on too many charts and you will get frozen out of MT4. Steve put some great Indicators on his thread so itís worth looking at his work. On a personal level, he did upset a few traders here that may read this thread, including me. He took his bat and ball and ran away. Cheers
Thanks RickM for giving your opinion and view.

FrancescoDTM Jun 27, 2020 5:51am | Post# 550

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

I want to give my contribution even if I am not yet an expert like many here but I would like to share my analysis of Friday on GJ with you.

As you can see from my screenshot, we had different types of movement on the levels that I had previously tracked (Wednesday 24).

Analyzing the various breakages, what can we see in detail about M1?

A - Excellent race with long candles without retracements but we were inside the London opening and this goal was not in my TMA parameters. (Don't write me in PVT for the settings because I won't reveal them! Each of you must get there as George says).

B - It seems like a good movement but here too the price is at the limit of my Tma and in addition we do not have a well-defined movement, of speed. If you study the topic I mentioned a few posts back you will understand that this is not an ideal movement.

C - Again, the movement is slow even if the price then makes about 10 pips. I think taking this type of movement is quite risky and needs a lot of experience. Low ADR.

D - Here the difference in movement is evident, which is well decided, with long changes and with different gaps. Zona Tma confirms everything and they take different pips.

E - Same as D. Long legs and speed all confirmed by Tma area. Here another interesting thing is that we are in the first minutes of an M30 and M15 candle, the price is 26 pips in 5 minutes so to continue at this rate we will have seen a 75 pips candle in M15 and 150 Pips in M30.

How many times does this thing happen? Very rarely.

The best Friday trades for GJ according to my point of view were D and E with a drawdown of 0.5 pips and 4.5 pips.

I hope this post gives some input to some of you.

Cheers

Francesco

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-06-27 11_20_34-Window.png
Size: 76 KB

RickM Jun 27, 2020 7:18am | Post# 551

Hi everyone, I want to give my contribution even if I am not yet an expert like many here but I would like to share my analysis of Friday on GJ with you. As you can see from my screenshot, we had different types of movement on the levels that I had previously tracked (Wednesday 24). Analyzing the various breakages, what can we see in detail about M1? A - Excellent race with long candles without retracements but we were inside the London opening and this goal was not in my TMA parameters. (Don't write me in PVT for the settings because I won't reveal...
Hi Francesco

Very nice post and great description of the movement on GBPJPY on Friday night. I was trading this pair along with GU / AU / EU / EG / GN during this period as well. I thought GU looked like providing the best trade of the night which it did during the New York session.

I took trades at D .. It was an aggressive trade after that 9 pip candle I considered would retrace after created mico gaps. I picked up 4 pips
It also hit Georges "10" band along with a hit of the order flow boundary. Great targets there.
I took trades at E(2).. It was a nice hit of the order flow boundary, good speed and extension past Georges "14" band. Basically a great trade. I picked up 19 pips.

This was a really lousy night with little action on most pairs, EURUSD & EURGBP offered me the most pips on Friday. Result for night was increase in equity of 1.48%

There are no Experts here, just hard working traders.

mixedbags Jun 27, 2020 9:03am | Post# 552

1 Attachment(s)
some play the reverse, some follow the momentum

Click to Enlarge

Name: f35RpQl.png
Size: 50 KB

RickM Jun 27, 2020 10:04am | Post# 553

some play the reverse, some follow the momentum {image}
Nice trade Mixedbags

The issue is a momentum trade is 60/40 at best
A reversal trade at EXHAUSTION is 80/20 at least

I hope you are making lots of pips but the proof about trend trading is it require more luck than reversal trading.
If you are doing well with your trading, you don't need to listen to me.

Cheers Rick

mik2012 Jun 27, 2020 2:05pm | Post# 554

{quote} Nice trade Mixedbags The issue is a momentum trade is 60/40 at best A reversal trade at EXHAUSTION is 80/20 at least I hope you are making lots of pips but the proof about trend trading is it require more luck than reversal trading. If you are doing well with your trading, you don't need to listen to me. Cheers Rick
you're right, Rick! But on Friday the range of the Asian session was only 30 pips ... MAs were straightened for sale and a good target at 131.810, although the price did not reach there, well, almost reached)). You can put a small lot, stop at breakeven and close the computer until the evening! But we are not looking for easy ways!

Cheers Mike

mik2012 Jun 27, 2020 2:32pm | Post# 555

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Francesco Very nice post and great description of the movement on GBPJPY on Friday night. I was trading this pair along with GU / AU / EU / EG / GN during this period as well. I thought GU looked like providing the best trade of the night which it did during the New York session. I took trades at D .. It was an aggressive trade after that 9 pip candle I considered would retrace after created mico gaps. I picked up 4 pips It also hit Georges "10" band along with a hit of the order flow boundary. Great targets there. I took trades at E(2).....
Rick, kindly, show the arrow on the extension of George on the Francesco chart .. I guess, but I want to know for sure. Are these the same 127% that Chris talked about? I understand correctly, this is a DOUBLE HIT, after the breakdown of TMA? I often see it on the EC, if it's the same .. on the M15 as well
red circle?

Cheers M
Click to Enlarge

Name: 18B33302-DC0E-41FA-AC4E-6BC5D9049026.png
Size: 269 KB

phi1ipp Jun 27, 2020 5:23pm | Post# 556

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, I want to give my contribution even if I am not yet an expert like many here but I would like to share my analysis of Friday on GJ with you.
Hi Francesco, very kind of you to share your thoughts, grazie mille senior! It totally confirms my own observations of TMA-bounds runs, but my settings show one more possible run, which you skipped b/c of it being non-fresh one according to your classification, I assume. It's the one after D, which hits the same level. I wonder if mr Rick can confirm it (just to join comrade Mik's voice )
Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 4.17.02 PM.png
Views: 601
Size:  60 KB

RickM Jun 27, 2020 7:47pm | Post# 557

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Rick, kindly, show the arrow on the extension of George on the Francesco chart .. I guess, but I want to know for sure. Are these the same 127% that Chris talked about? I understand correctly, this is a DOUBLE HIT, after the breakdown of TMA? I often see it on the EC, if it's the same .. on the M15 as well red circle? Cheers M {image}
Hi Mike

Here is an EA I use for testing at the end of the week to test the recent action. Here this EA Buys on a cross of the TmaTrue.ex 60/6/120 without including targets. All this info goes onto a spread sheet to develop more accurate figures for my future use. Here we can see a nice hit after "E" and the final push down to a target near days end.
I don't use 127% that Chris uses but George's additional bands he talks about on his thread. You would have to ask him if he wishes to share them.
Click to Enlarge

Name: changed d e.png
Size: 95 KB

Merka Jun 27, 2020 7:58pm | Post# 558

{quote} Hi M Here is an EA I use for testing at the end of the week to test the recent action. Here this EA Buys on a cross of the TmaTrue.ex 60/6/120 without including targets. All this info goes onto a spread sheet to develop more accurate figures for my future use. Here we can see a nice hit after "E" and the final push down to a target near days end. I don't use 127% that Chris uses but George's additional bands he talks about on his thread. You would have to ask him if he wishes to share them. {image}
What about if you face a huge trend against?
Any entry on the wrong side of TMA is a suicide no matter on which banbs are you entering.

George AUS Jun 27, 2020 8:25pm | Post# 559

Thanks to all those who are posting.., have been away for a couple of weeks so hopefully will be able to contribute some thoughts, ideas again. Must get George out of hibernation..

Howdy Andy ,,,
Far from sleeping
On the contrary ,,,

Trust me ,, have been involved in very deep studies and analysis ,,,
The findings are scary ,,,, 180 degrees flip to everything I have shared so far to say the least ! ! ! !

Cheers
George

George AUS Jun 27, 2020 8:52pm | Post# 560

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=FrancescoDTM;13029561]Hi everyone, I want to give my contribution even if I am not yet an expert like many here but I would like to share my analysis of Friday on GJ with you. Cheers Francesco

Hello Francesco
HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN READING THIS POST OF MINE ,,,,

I am replying to your post ,,, in response to Andy's comment
I am NOT sleeping hahahahaha

QUOTE ::

1. https://cdn-assets.faireconomy.media...ar143927_8.gif moodybot
  2. Joined May 2010 | Status: Nut Case With 6 Additional Username | 1,919 Posts

Please TAKE YOUR FOCUS OFF THE 1 MNT CHARTS ! ! ! !

Use the 1 mnt chart ONLY to let you know that the MM has taken the market PURPOSELY INTO THE PRESSURE AREA ( EXTENDING THE MARKET )

ONE MUST FOCUS ON THE MULTI TIME FRAMES COLLECTIVELY ! ! ! !

Once one understands what is happening ,, and how the MM drives the market ,,
The secret was all in the ASIA RANGE PRIOR TO LONDON AS TO WHAT ONE SHOULD EXPECT FROM WHAT IS TO COME ,,

The size of the range prior to London ,,,
The day of the week we are trading in ,,,
FRIDAYS ARE OFTEN DIRECTIONAL MOVE DAYS
the above 2 points are one of the ingredients of a GRINDING DAY ! ! !

And last ,,, BUT ,, MOST IMPORTANTLY ,,,
THE PRICE ACTION LEADING INTO THE LONDON SESSION ! ! !

Attached is the HOURLY chart ,,, which is also beautifully demonstrated on the 15 mnt chart also ,, if you look at it ,,,
The price action was a SHORT MOVE ,,, and I called it prior to the move as I was talking to a trader friend ,,,,

Please ,,
STUDY CHART SWINGS PRIOR TO ANY LARGE MOVE ,,
THE SECRETS ARE ALL HELD IN THE SO CALLED ,,, SIDEWAY MOVES / SLEEPING MARKET / CONSOLIDATION / THE MARKET IS NOT DOING ANYTHING ! ! !
that statement would have the to be the biggest rubbish I have heard in my trading life ,,, simply because ,,
THE MARKET NEVER ,, NEVER ,,, NEVER EVER ,,,, DOES NOTHING ! ! ! !

If you can NOT understand that part ,,,
Any trader who will NOT put in the time to study those times ,,,
Could be trading with guessing and wasting his/her time ,,, in my honest opinion ,,,

Hope this helps many ,,,

Cheers
George
Click to Enlarge

Name: GJ HOURLY.png
Size: 36 KB

© Forex Factory