Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   New Trend Dashboard Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=989415)

zoheb01 Mar 29, 2020 6:12am | Post# 1

New Trend Dashboard Indicator

3 Attachment(s)
OGT Trend Dashobard Indicator v1.0

I’m excited to share with you my new indicator – OGT Trend Dashboard.

The indicator gives you a dashboard of your favourite currency pairs, which tells you whether that pair is in an up/down trend or ranging (on every time frame).

Click to Enlarge

Name: Trend Dashboard.PNG
Size: 15 KB

The mechanics of whether a pair is trending or ranging, is the combination of 3 moving averages being in certain order (slow, medium and fast).
Everything is customisable, with alerts and easy access in opening charts directly from the dashboard.

Please let me know your feedback as I’m always looking improving indicators/EAs.

OGT Trend Dashboard Indicator v1.0 - Release Date (March 29th 2020)

Video reviews the following:

1. Mechanics of determining trending / ranging pairs
  2. Indicator input settings
  3. How to apply the indicator to your trading

Inserted Video

OGT Trend Dashboard v1.0.ex4

OGT Trend Dashboard Indicator v1.1 - Release Date (April 26th 2020)

Video reviews the following:

1. Select the time frames your most interested in
  2. Select current pair/time frame only
  3. Ability to resize / move dashboard
  4. Open new chart with custom template

Inserted Video

OGT Trend Dashboard v1.1.ex4

Luciano26 Mar 29, 2020 6:24am | Post# 2

OGT Trend Dashobard Indicator v1.0 Iím excited to share with you my new indicator Ė OGT Trend Dashboard. The indicator gives you a dashboard of your favourite currency pairs, which tells you whether that pair is in an up/down trend or ranging (on every time frame). {image} The mechanics of whether a pair is trending or ranging, is the combination of 3 moving averages being in certain order (slow, medium and fast). Everything is customisable, with alerts and easy access in opening charts directly from the dashboard. Iíve provided a tutorial video...
Thanks for sharing, I'll test once the market is open and i'll give you feedback.

Cheers bro

mubinirl Mar 29, 2020 9:57am | Post# 3

Could you maybe input option for different TF's as well, so might take up less resources.

bigbadbarry Mar 29, 2020 10:09am | Post# 4

Could you maybe input option for different TF's as well, so might take up less resources.
opportunity to also relocate in different areas on your chart and reduce it in size would be good, but thanks for sharing in any case

MyProfit Mar 29, 2020 12:41pm | Post# 5

Looks good,

Thank You

niklravi Mar 29, 2020 12:45pm | Post# 6

hi
i think the MA s are not appearing on the chart. pl look in to it. add an arrow button column as upward or down ward with alert when H, 30, 15, 5, 1 minites are in green.

zoheb01 Mar 30, 2020 7:29am | Post# 7

{quote} Thanks for sharing, I'll test once the market is open and i'll give you feedback. Cheers bro
Thanks you! Please let me know how you get on.

mubinirl Mar 30, 2020 7:42am | Post# 8

Tried to run it but everything comes greyed out except 3-4 squares

zoheb01 Mar 30, 2020 2:04pm | Post# 9

Thanks for the feedback. Will note down for the next version

zoheb01 Mar 30, 2020 2:05pm | Post# 10

hi i think the MA s are not appearing on the chart. pl look in to it. add an arrow button column as upward or down ward with alert when H, 30, 15, 5, 1 minites are in green.
MAs won't appear on the chart, just the dashboard. The aim is to have the dashboard on one chart, when you find a pair you like you open a new chart for that pair

MyProfit Mar 30, 2020 2:51pm | Post# 11

Hi, just two things..
1.- When we open a new chart using the dashboard button, can we choose the template that already we are using or other?, at this time the standard MT4 template appears

2.. Besides the option to move the dashboard,choose time frames,etc... can we choose the size of the buttons and if we prefer vertical or horizontal position?

Other... can we choose only the "current" time frame, no multi pair?, because we can use the multi pair in a high powered computer or VPS and the single "current' pair in the daily trading pc? monitoring a single pair...I know that I can choose a single pair in the dashboard settings, but to me it will be better if we change pairs in the same time frame I don't need to input pairs again and again.... maybe with a magic number...

Another.. can we make it "invisible" when no using it?

Thanks, it will be a great indicator

Psyaa Mar 31, 2020 8:27am | Post# 12

thanks . can u please make it smaller ? it way too big on the chart

zoheb01 Mar 31, 2020 4:21pm | Post# 13

Hi, just two things.. 1.- When we open a new chart using the dashboard button, can we choose the template that already we are using or other?, at this time the standard MT4 template appears 2.. Besides the option to move the dashboard,choose time frames,etc... can we choose the size of the buttons and if we prefer vertical or horizontal position? Other... can we choose only the "current" time frame, no multi pair?, because we can use the multi pair in a high powered computer or VPS and the single "current' pair in the daily trading pc? monitoring...
Thansk MyProfit for the feedback. Iíve noted down your feedback and discuss with my team.

Really appreciate the time youíve taken to provide this.

zoheb01 Apr 1, 2020 3:05pm | Post# 14

thanks . can u please make it smaller ? it way too big on the chart
Thanks, this is the feedback I'm getting the most so will defo include in the next version.

12i2121 Apr 6, 2020 11:26am | Post# 15

Thanks a lot for posting the indicator, will be testing it out. Maybe not everyone is interested in the weekly/monthly trend direction, so I would add settings that would allow hiding specific time frames. For example:
Show 1M - yes/no
Show 5M - yes/no
Show 15M - yes/no etc.

Maybe also
Show SlowMA - yes/no
Show MediumMA - yes/no
Show FastMa - yes/no to see the distance between the lines, e.g

Can't wait to see new features!

Best wishes

12i2121 Apr 6, 2020 12:04pm | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 26 KB

Tried displaying many pairs at the same time, only 7 of them work proper

UPDATE: My broker has slightly modified pair names and that's why the indicator couldn't get the info from these pairs. Correcting the names in the indicator settings fixed the problem.

MyProfit Apr 6, 2020 12:59pm | Post# 17

ok, posted a solution, you didn't need it, was about the market watch

zoheb01 Apr 7, 2020 9:32am | Post# 18

Thanks a lot for posting the indicator, will be testing it out. Maybe not everyone is interested in the weekly/monthly trend direction, so I would add settings that would allow hiding specific time frames. For example: Show 1M - yes/no Show 5M - yes/no Show 15M - yes/no etc. Maybe also Show SlowMA - yes/no Show MediumMA - yes/no Show FastMa - yes/no to see the distance between the lines, e.g Can't wait to see new features! Best wishes
Thanks. Yes it will be v1.1 to select the TF you're only interested in

zoheb01 Apr 22, 2020 2:12pm | Post# 19

Thanks all for your feedback. I've worked with the team to build the most popular requests in v1.1.

Testing has gone well and all being good v1.1 will be released this Sunday

zoheb01 Apr 26, 2020 5:31am | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
Hey traders,

Thanks again for all the comments on how I can improve the indicator. As promised, Iím glad to be sharing v1.1 of the OGT Trend Dashboard indicator with you.

Inserted Video

Updates in v1.1 are below. The video goes into all the details

1. Select the time frames your most interested in
2. Select current pair/time frame only
3. Ability to resize / move dashboard
4. Open new chart with custom template

As always appreciate your feedback.

OGT Trend Dashboard v1.1.ex4

Thanks,
Zoheb

© Forex Factory