Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Derek et al Easy Trading System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=987190)

derekw Mar 18, 2020 3:31am | Post# 1

9 Attachment(s)
Good Day Forex Factory.

So many times on these forums traders will tell you that the best trading method is with a naked chart and making trades off of price action. This is certainly possible as the indicators of a system are showing us what these traders are seeing on their charts. I think though that for a lot of people it's hard to see this. Also, different instruments behave in different ways and they can take time to learn. So here is a system that shows this to you. All the indicators are borrowed, hence the, "et al", in the title.

Here is what the complete system looks like:

Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 70 KB

There is the full system and a simple system. Here are the indicators used in the simple system:

#Chaos ArrZZx2.ex4
b-clock.ex4
Border ligns.ex4
forex sweepmod V2.2.ex4
forex sweepmod V2.2.mq4
FxMax5 TF.ex4
PUX_ Price.ex4
PUX_ Price.mq4

derekw Mar 18, 2020 3:33am | Post# 2

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the rest of the indicators to complete the full system:

Gann averages high-low activator channel ribbon(mtf + alerts).ex4
ichi360_monitor_v3_mod.ex4
ichi360_monitor_v3_mod.mq4

And here is a template for the complete system:

Derek et al.tpl

derekw Mar 18, 2020 3:39am | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
If you load the template you should get the full system. Now remove the Gann Averages and the Ichi360 Monitor indicators and you will have the simple system, which looks like this:

Click to Enlarge

Size: 52 KB

derekw Mar 18, 2020 3:42am | Post# 4

A note on repainting indicators. Chaos is a Support and Resistance Indicator and will therefore repaint. There is no problem in this. The arrows generated by the Forex Sweepmod indicator do not repaint. The FXMax indicator will not repaint either.

derekw Mar 18, 2020 3:58am | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 53 KB

derekw Mar 18, 2020 4:02am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 51 KB

derekw Mar 18, 2020 4:06am | Post# 7

I also use the system on other instruments, but on H1 and H4 time frames.

I will publish some trades here and you are welcome to publish yours too if you find this system useful. I'm sure it will be interesting for other to see. I don't use a stop loss, but close your trade if the trend reverses - If FXMax changes colour against you. If you prefer a SL, then place it above the last high or low that your Arrow indicates from.

kleybenny Mar 18, 2020 4:07am | Post# 8

A note on repainting indicators. Chaos is a Support and Resistance Indicator and will therefore repaint. There is no problem in this. The arrows generated by the Forex Sweepmod indicator do not repaint. The FXMax indicator will not repaint either.
Thank you for the template and the system. But what you said is not true. The arrow indicator (Forex Sweepmod) does repaint a lot.

derekw Mar 18, 2020 4:10am | Post# 9

Ah yes, you are actually correct here, kleybenny, after a few bars it will stick. But this doesn't matter too much as you would never buy at the top of the channel.

maahome Mar 18, 2020 4:26am | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Derek,
Good luck with your thread. To make life easier, attached are all indicators/template in a zip file.
Regards
maahome
Derek et al Easy Trading System.zip

derekw Mar 18, 2020 4:29am | Post# 11

Thanks maahome!

derekw Mar 18, 2020 5:00am | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
I went short off the channel top, Used M1 chart for entry. SL moved to Break Even.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 69 KB

SL hit for BE

Laitus Mar 18, 2020 5:00am | Post# 13

Ah yes, you are actually correct here, kleybenny, after a few bars it will stick. But this doesn't matter too much as you would never buy at the top of the channel.

Thanks Derek, Could you tell us what criteria do you use to enter?

derekw Mar 18, 2020 5:37am | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
Pity that one stopped out because a great place to Take Profit is the lower channel.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 69 KB

derekw Mar 18, 2020 5:41am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Looking at the H1 Chart we can see Support being challenged. I think it will break and price will go further down, with more bad news for stocks across the board. I might use the M1 chart to look for a short...

Click to Enlarge

derekw Mar 18, 2020 5:45am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
This is an M1 Chart. The Ichimoku Indi does not change when you change TFs as it is showing all the TFs.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 64 KB

derekw Mar 18, 2020 6:14am | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
Will this be the elephant in the room?

Click to Enlarge

Size: 31 KB

derekw Mar 18, 2020 6:26am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Short. I used M1 for entry.

Click to Enlarge

derekw Mar 18, 2020 7:10am | Post# 19

Ah yes, you are actually correct here, kleybenny, after a few bars it will stick. But this doesn't matter too much as you would never buy at the top of the channel. Thanks Derek, Could you tell us what criteria do you use to enter?
Hi Laitus. Mostly the channel top, (or bottom), the arrow helps. Of course the most important one is the trend. I'll post some trades with comments though. I often use SL not as a normal SL, but to cover trades in BE or to trail profits.

derekw Mar 18, 2020 7:22am | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
But look at this H1 Chart of Gold. Here we could just trade the trend. When FXMax changed to Red, (trend down), we can sell and the add to short positions when we hit the top of the channel. See where the arrows are. So now I'm waiting for FXMax to change to green...

Click to Enlarge

Size: 73 KB

© Forex Factory