Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Broker Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/74-broker-discussion)
-   -   Strategy runner and currenex (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/98335-strategy-runner-and-currenex)

jmw Jul 30, 2008 10:03am | Post# 1

Strategy runner and currenex

Is anyone using strategy runner with your currenex feed? I am checking into using them. The platform is awesome and has some excellent ways to exit a trade. It is built for the way I actually trade. Anyone know of a way to get discounts from strategy runner for someone that is new to the platform? I am interested in using strategy runner for trading through a bank not a retail broker.

Thanks!

Two percent Jul 30, 2008 4:43pm | Post# 2

Is anyone using strategy runner with your currenex feed? I am checking into using them. The platform is awesome and has some excellent ways to exit a trade. It is built for the way I actually trade. Anyone know of a way to get discounts from strategy runner for someone that is new to the platform? I am interested in using strategy runner for trading through a bank not a retail broker.

Thanks!
There is only one problem which I came across with Strategy Runner and that is all open orders are closed at 20.00 GMT.
This doesn't help my style of trading.

However Currenex allows GTC orders ( Good till closed ).

I think you should consider this.

jmw Aug 3, 2008 10:20pm | Post# 3

Thanks.

The biggest thing I am looking for is scaled outs. For instance, I may want to take out 70% of my trade while positive and then move my stop loss to break even. In this way, I get paid and still have the potential for a home run.

Currenex isn't geared for this kind of trading but Strategy Runner does it very well.

Do you know of any other platforms that will hook up to currenex that allow that kind of trading style?

johnlucas Dec 14, 2008 5:03am | Post# 4

Thanks.

The biggest thing I am looking for is scaled outs. For instance, I may want to take out 70% of my trade while positive and then move my stop loss to break even. In this way, I get paid and still have the potential for a home run.

Currenex isn't geared for this kind of trading but Strategy Runner does it very well.

Do you know of any other platforms that will hook up to currenex that allow that kind of trading style?
I saw that MF Global Direct offers the Strategy Runner/Currenex solution. It looks promising, but I haven't had any experience with them so far. Would anyone share his experience? Thank you.

fxtrader42 Dec 14, 2008 10:49pm | Post# 5

Thanks.

My currenex platform does that...

jmw Dec 14, 2008 10:52pm | Post# 6

My currenex platform does that...
Is it a recent upgrade? I can enter take profit and stop loss for an order. But I can't set it up where the first take profit is 70 percent of the trade and then have the stop loss go down to the remaining 30 percent plus move it to even.

You can do this with the currenex platform? Are you trading with a bank or a retail broker?

Thanks for the info.

© Forex Factory