Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   1H Swing Trading on EURUSD (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/970975-1h-swing-trading-on-eurusd)

abu99er Mar 12, 2020 11:33am | Post# 261

{quote} Yes, it was crazy today with swings of 100 pips in the blink of an eye But look how the signal put us on the right side from the beginning ! Happy to have restored the account (again) and now with a normally sized trade until new signal ! Congrats if you could keep your position, because I know that it was very hard !
I must say that you got yourself a very good system here, I have been following you for about a month now and I'm very impressed with this strategy... Thank you for sharing it

broketrader Mar 12, 2020 1:07pm | Post# 262

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you and you're welcome !

After the huge 20-7 and 20-7" trends that finally came to an end 2 days ago, we are now in 20-8, the 8th trend of the year.

I messed on 20-7 because I re-entered too late and with all the volatility that followed I put at risk my initial trade which forced me to exit just to try to reenter later as I thought that this thing would fly into the sky, but damn how hard it was and trying to do so I just managed to have losses.

That shows that it's important to build the position at the beginning of the signal eventually being prepared to be in negative territory for a while until the SMA turns and never enter later. Lesson to be learned for future trades.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 110 KB

broketrader Mar 13, 2020 4:00am | Post# 263

1 Attachment(s)
On trading view there is a nice "Historical Volatility" indicator which clearly shows that we are not living normal times.
I know, we all know that now, but I thought that it was nice to have a post about it.

As shown in the chart below, we are now at around 4, while during all 2019 it barely went over 2 !
A good indication that I will certainly use from now to adapt my lot size in the future.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 141 KB

broketrader Mar 16, 2020 5:06am | Post# 264

1 Attachment(s)
We have just broken the trend-line and SMA could follow suit very soon, still SRSI is low meaning that the signal, if any, will come well after the cross.
I have integrated the historical volatility into SRSI, I will use it to adapt my lot size accordingly.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 108 KB

broketrader Mar 17, 2020 7:45am | Post# 265

1 Attachment(s)
We have just broken the trend-line and SMA could follow suit very soon, still SRSI is low meaning that the signal, if any, will come well after the cross. I have integrated the historical volatility into SRSI, I will use it to adapt my lot size accordingly. {image}
False alert!

The down trend 20-8 is well in place now and this time I anticipated nothing! It looks like I have learned something from the past and also just having more and more trust in the system.

The volatility is still high and I expect the leftovers of my initial trade to make a nice result by the time I close them so I'm just relaxed watching the movie.
No need to be greedy and enter for more, I will just wait the next trend turn.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 112 KB

J1mm Mar 17, 2020 8:00am | Post# 266

And now is just a matter of adjusting the TL and wait

broketrader Mar 17, 2020 8:05am | Post# 267

And now is just a matter of adjusting the TL and wait
Exactly that

J1mm Mar 17, 2020 12:21pm | Post# 268

{quote} Exactly that
Broketrader, may I ask you if you could share the colour template of your tradingview? hahaha Love it

broketrader Mar 17, 2020 12:53pm | Post# 269

{quote} Broketrader, may I ask you if you could share the colour template of your tradingview? hahaha Love it
No problem, how you do that ?

broketrader Mar 17, 2020 1:04pm | Post# 270

It looks like that there is no "export theme/template" utility in trading view, if you find it let me know, otherwise I will just tell you "manually" which colors I use...

broketrader Mar 17, 2020 1:20pm | Post# 271

1 Attachment(s)
So for the colors, first, in the main menu on top left, select dark theme.

Then,

Chart settings => appearance:

Background Color: #20272f
No vert, Horz grid lines => set opacity to 0%
Scales text: #d9d9d9
Scales lines: #787878
Crosshair: #758696
Watermark: No
Navigation Buttons: Visible on Mouse Over
Top Margin: 10, Bottom:8, Right:20

Chart Settings => Symbol
Here I use the gray scale only and give the position of the selected box from left (white)
There are 2 values left is for bull candle, right for the bear one.

Bodies: 5 8
Borders: 2 6
Wick: 3 6
Last Value Line: 6

I think you have it all there.

Find also below SRSI indicator with Historical volatility for 1H Time Frame
SRSI96-HV48.txt

WindFreeze10 Mar 17, 2020 2:39pm | Post# 272

Hi Broker Trader,

Following your trades and I must say you have done a great job by providing such simplicity way of trading for all of us here.

Would you mind sharing a bit on how to use the historical volatility in adjusting lot sizing? or is there other use to this system? I am actually trying to incorporate the system with ATR since it represent volatility itself, but perhaps the historical vol has its edge that I havent found yet.

Cheers,
WF

broketrader Mar 17, 2020 6:09pm | Post# 273

Hi Broker Trader, Following your trades and I must say you have done a great job by providing such simplicity way of trading for all of us here. Would you mind sharing a bit on how to use the historical volatility in adjusting lot sizing? or is there other use to this system? I am actually trying to incorporate the system with ATR since it represent volatility itself, but perhaps the historical vol has its edge that I havent found yet. Cheers, WF
Hi Wind!

I don't have a precise usage with it, not a formula that I apply to calculate a lot size, more a tool to have an instantaneous of current volatility conditions to eventually help in adjusting the lot size or stay calm with a current trade.

I think that the ATR can do the job too, what I prefer in HV personally is that it's an absolute value, while ATR is floating, you have to look in the past to compare, while I already have adjusted HV to show in red, meaning that volatility is at or near maximum, it's instantaneous.

medved197938 Mar 18, 2020 9:49am | Post# 274

So for the colors, first, in the main menu on top left, select dark theme. Then, Chart settings => appearance: Background Color: #20272f No vert, Horz grid lines => set opacity to 0% Scales text: #d9d9d9 Scales lines: #787878 Crosshair: #758696 Watermark: No Navigation Buttons: Visible on Mouse Over Top Margin: 10, Bottom:8, Right:20 Chart Settings => Symbol Here I use the gray scale only and give the position of the selected box from left (white) There are 2 values left is for bull candle, right for the bear one. Bodies: 5 8 Borders: 2 6 Wick:...
Hello! This is cool, but please tell me how to apply the srsi96-hv48 ndicator with the .txt extension in mt4?

WindFreeze10 Mar 18, 2020 12:40pm | Post# 275

{quote} Hello! This is cool, but please tell me how to apply the srsi96-hv48 ndicator with the .txt extension in mt4?
Post 242 has an MT4 file

broketrader Mar 19, 2020 3:55am | Post# 276

1 Attachment(s)
Better Timed Entries

I have been working on my position building when signal arises and also on finding a method for better timing those entries while at the same time keeping things as simple as possible and not adding additional different indicator formulas. So I forced myself to reuse SRSI but on a lower time frame and of course different period and smooth values.

As everything in life, it's not perfect but watching at all trades in 2020 so far, it seems to really work quite well.

Here are my findings and the method I will use to build my position on next signal.

The chart below shows the last signal that we got for the 20-8 trend which is still in progress.
The time frame of the chart is 5 min. and on the SRSI window, there is the SRSI-96 (1H) in bold light pink and the new SRSI-168 5 min. in thin blue.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 107 KB

The pink circles show the 3 "waves" that I will use to build my position.

At wave 0, "The signal wave", SRSI-168 is in a depressed state, signaling a rebound from there, this rebound will form wave 1.
The peak of wave 1 is when SRSI-168 reaches or approaches the upper limit of the indicator, the dotted bold gray line.
Then you wait an entire cycle to have the peak of wave 2 and terminate building your position

The idea is to divide by 3 what would be the final position and then enter on those waves. Eventually giving more weight to waves 1 and 2, being the optimal ones, it's still important to enter on wave zero in all cases as you never know whether you will have a retracement or not (waves 1,2), and it's important to not miss the initial signal.

The SRSI96-HV48 script for Trading View that I posted previously, has the 5 min. SRSI-168 built in already, it will appear magically ;-) when you switch to 5 min time frame. I will post the updated MT4 indicator soon...

medved197938 Mar 19, 2020 7:54am | Post# 277

{quote} Post 242 has an MT4 file
sorry but how to apply the script SRSI96-HV48 .txt with historical volatility

broketrader Mar 19, 2020 11:35am | Post# 278

{quote} sorry but how to apply the script SRSI96-HV48 .txt with historical volatility
When you are on Trading View, click on "Pine Editor" and replace the text by the one provided, and save.
If you're new to Trading View I encourage you to watch or read the tutorials and documentation out there, there is plenty.

broketrader Mar 20, 2020 6:29am | Post# 279

1 Attachment(s)
I have a secondary 20-8 trend in place, 20-8"
If this one gets broken, I will put an end to my current trade and prepare for 20-9

Click to Enlarge

Size: 113 KB

broketrader Mar 22, 2020 6:15am | Post# 280

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 791 KB

Dumb People, "Olympic Games 2020, more than 50K people flock to see the flame"

"Despite the coronavirus pandemic, tens of thousands of people saw the Olympic flame in Japan on Saturday. Over 50,000 people flocked to Sendai station in Miyagi Prefecture where the flame was exposed in a golden cauldron"

© Forex Factory