Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   1H Swing Trading on EURUSD (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/970975-1h-swing-trading-on-eurusd)

bpola Feb 19, 2020 11:18am | Post# 201

The blue line is 96SMA

broketrader Feb 19, 2020 11:29am | Post# 202

1 Attachment(s)
Hello broke, I have been watching this thread for some few weeks and I have adapted the 96SMA for my trading with good results.. Got a good signal on EJ this morning and its its performing as you can see from the chart. {image}
Yes, have been watching it too, though that EU would follow but not, I'm anyway late now so I think I will pass for this time.
Well done and I hope it will fly for you ;-)

Take care of the daily chart !

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 82 KB

bpola Feb 19, 2020 11:33am | Post# 203

Thanks for the chart. I will move my stop to break even. Thanks again for showing me the 96SMA

broketrader Feb 19, 2020 11:46am | Post# 204

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the chart. I will move my stop to break even. Thanks again for showing me the 96SMA
You're welcome !

This is how it looks on the H1

Click to Enlarge

Size: 83 KB

This thing has now traveled 100 pips in a straight line since the signal You are having a good day

bpola Feb 19, 2020 11:50am | Post# 205

Yes its a pips filled day. I will just take half of the position off and let the remainder run risk free

gringo2019 Feb 19, 2020 11:56am | Post# 206

1 Attachment(s)
broketrader, my version is paying dividends, thanks again...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1HR Swing Trade.jpg
Size: 262 KB

gringo2019 Feb 19, 2020 12:17pm | Post# 207

1 Attachment(s)
broketrader, I did read the entire link but I made an error and grabbed the pair, so EURUSD is defined to provide evidence that this strategy is great, keep up the great work...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1HR EURUSD Swing Trade.jpg
Size: 245 KB

broketrader Feb 20, 2020 10:01am | Post# 208

1 Attachment(s)
We got our first ray of green light on EU !

Click to Enlarge

Size: 70 KB

broketrader Feb 21, 2020 6:48am | Post# 209

1 Attachment(s)
I'm like the dog right now...
Click to Enlarge

Size: 182 KB
Intrigued!

bpola Feb 21, 2020 10:13am | Post# 210

You have ta really good methodology. Always trust the models.

broketrader Feb 21, 2020 11:36am | Post# 211

1 Attachment(s)
Finally we got some momentum, the megaphone played and the dog is gone ;-)

We are now in 20-7, the trend is temporary, the time we get a decent Higher Low.

The entry was perfect, a third on anticipation, a third on signal and a third on new high after the second retracement.

It remains to be seen if this is just an impulse retracement or a real correction with it's trend but whatever it is I have to anyway just follow the signal.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 84 KB

broketrader Feb 25, 2020 7:22am | Post# 212

1 Attachment(s)
After a challenging Monday, we are back again testing this little weak trend.
As we are in the early days of it and that my initial entry, which is at 1.08167, being almost at BE, I thought it was appropriate to add some more with a tight stop.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 77 KB

BurningDesir Feb 26, 2020 3:28am | Post# 213

hi broketrader very nice strategy.
i am following this strategy on my live account so far good result.
please tell me where to take profit?
or when we have to close the trade? when ever trend line will be broken or SMA96 ?

broketrader Feb 26, 2020 4:10am | Post# 214

hi broketrader very nice strategy. i am following this strategy on my live account so far good result. please tell me where to take profit? or when we have to close the trade? when ever trend line will be broken or SMA96 ?
The last moment to exit the trade and take your profits is when you get a contrary signal as already answered in post #182.

A signal is triggered when price crosses Sma96 and SRSI is at >40 for longs or <60 for shorts.
The trend line serves as confirmation or early signal meaning that if you see for example the trend-line broken, you could close half of your trade and the other half on contrary signal.

That said, if you have personal goals per trade or that you reached your profit target for that trade or are afraid, tired, impatient, or simply happy with your profits, then, take your profits, be happy and relax, there will be another trade coming in the next days, for sure!

J1mm Feb 26, 2020 6:42am | Post# 215

I'm quite curious about the logic you use to add to position, looks like you are pyramiding, adding more risk as price goes in your favour, but I'm afraid that if you don't use SL is just a matter of time another disaster may occur, am I wrong?

Just asking, this way of trading is quite simple and I think it can be profitable but it lacks something and I don't know what it is.

broketrader Feb 26, 2020 7:26am | Post# 216

I'm quite curious about the logic you use to add to position, looks like you are pyramiding, adding more risk as price goes in your favour, but I'm afraid that if you don't use SL is just a matter of time another disaster may occur, am I wrong? Just asking, this way of trading is quite simple and I think it can be profitable but it lacks something and I don't know what it is.
You're not wrong, if you look at my last trades, they all have stop losses, that I have just updated by the way...
For the first two I added them at trend-line touch, that was the only logic behind it, for the second pair I added recently it's different as I'm experimenting different things that I don't want to develop yet.

That said, if you read the first post, I say on Money Management that everyone has to take his own risk according to his own goals, I don't know if there is more to say about that, I mean, if you follow the system and enter once, on signal, and keep your trade till new signal, I think that you will just be fine. Pyramiding is not part of the system, but only part of my own risk.

J1mm Feb 26, 2020 7:39am | Post# 217

{quote} You're not wrong, if you look at my last trades, they all have stop losses, that I have just updated by the way... For the first two I added them at trend-line touch, that was the only logic behind it, for the second pair I added recently it's different as I'm experimenting different things that I don't want to develop yet. That said, if you read the first post, I say on Money Management that everyone has to take his own risk according to his own goals, I don't know if there is more to say about that, I mean, if you follow the system and...
Thanks a lot for the explanation boss crystal clear

broketrader Feb 26, 2020 7:53am | Post# 218

This time, had to close, maybe too early but that 1h pin bar was too big !

BurningDesir Feb 26, 2020 8:14am | Post# 219

you have made a very good system
i dont know why are you not following your system.
euruusd is still in buy according to system but you have added a sell trade.

broketrader Feb 26, 2020 8:18am | Post# 220

you have made a very good system i dont know why are you not following your system. euruusd is still in buy according to system but you have added a sell trade.
Follow the system, not me, and now you see that I'm out of that short, and sorry but I don't have to justify to you or anyone else why I do this or that.
Hope it's clear.

© Forex Factory