Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   To be successful... cut out the noise (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=970957)

BWilliam Jan 14, 2020 12:14am | Post# 161

If you know how to filter out the noise (ability, method), then you're really a giant step ahead of the competition. I'm speaking from experience.
Hoping for no noise trading is a fantasy. Trading htf doesn't remove the noise that's a fallacy, it just means trading htf noise that's longer amplitude for traders who wish to slow the noise down. Filtering out the noise is only achieved by those who sees and understands the noise no matter the tf - the trader has to see and recognise it first before the filtering process is possible.

rafael5643 Jan 14, 2020 12:15am | Post# 162

Here's a video on what I think it takes to be a profitable trader:

Inserted Video

bs4 Jan 20, 2020 11:43am | Post# 163

word of advice: get your skin in the game!
also, those who make a killing won't waste their time on FF, so trust yourself only.

ChilledT Jan 22, 2020 4:27pm | Post# 164

word of advice: get your skin in the game! also, those who make a killing won't waste their time on FF, so trust yourself only.
Ahhh... and there lies the truth! :-)

Tim78 Jan 24, 2020 2:53am | Post# 165

I agree with the statement. I started to profit when my strategy became simple, to a point where I could explain to a five year old.
This proves that for earning high, its not necessary to have over complex strategies. Going simple works better.

Nik Jan 27, 2020 10:56am | Post# 166

Hi J12

Would you be able to give us some insight as to what things you look for/how you base your trades? Are you trading from weekly bars always?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ChilledT Feb 5, 2020 5:38am | Post# 167

{quote} This proves that for earning high, its not necessary to have over complex strategies. Going simple works better.
Simple for me also means that I am less likely to over-think and override my trading strategy.

j12 Feb 5, 2020 9:06am | Post# 168

Hi sorry I have been quite for a while, just been busy with work. I am out of a few trades I had open, Jan is usually a quite month. However Feb is up & running

2.4%+
113+ Pips

I'm happy with this...Will look for new opportunities this evening if I have some spare time...

J

j12 Feb 5, 2020 9:07am | Post# 169

Hi J12 Would you be able to give us some insight as to what things you look for/how you base your trades? Are you trading from weekly bars always? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Nik if you look back on some of my other posts you can see how I place trades etc...

j12 Feb 5, 2020 9:08am | Post# 170

{quote} This proves that for earning high, its not necessary to have over complex strategies. Going simple works better.
Always, in my case anyway Tim

J

j12 Feb 5, 2020 9:10am | Post# 171

{quote} Hoping for no noise trading is a fantasy. Trading htf doesn't remove the noise that's a fallacy, it just means trading htf noise that's longer amplitude for traders who wish to slow the noise down. Filtering out the noise is only achieved by those who sees and understands the noise no matter the tf - the trader has to see and recognise it first before the filtering process is possible.

Sure bro...

j12 Feb 5, 2020 9:11am | Post# 172

If you know how to filter out the noise (ability, method), then you're really a giant step ahead of the competition. I'm speaking from experience.
100% agree with this statement...

bs4 Feb 5, 2020 9:51am | Post# 173

Not sure if it was an accident but you have your balance public now.
I remember it was hidden before.

tiborf71 Feb 8, 2020 8:08am | Post# 174

I m only deal in usdx, us500, eurusd.
because my system can only analyze these reliably.
h1-h4
I'm happy with it.
I think everyone has their own source material.

Tim01 Feb 10, 2020 2:31am | Post# 175

That's true. Traders often have a mindset where they think over strategizing and planning can bring them good results, but at times simple trades turn out to be more benefiting in reality. It all depends on what the market situation is.

bs4 Feb 11, 2020 11:23am | Post# 176

{quote} That's true. Traders often have a mindset where they think over strategizing and planning can bring them good results, but at times simple trades turn out to be more benefiting in reality. It all depends on what the market situation is.
This is true, and this is why some highly intellect people who are in the academia often fail at trading.
There is no answer, the only answer is to taming yourself.

JetTrader Feb 11, 2020 4:20pm | Post# 177

It is good to see someone who caught on to the power of Magnitude and then uses it in their trading.

Swing Trading or Position Trading, though it has an extended event horizon for profit, can be a very effective way to trade for those with extended expectations for taking profit. However, if you get the Direction wrong and you don't use a stop, or you don't shift in directional bias by taking a smaller loss before moving in the opposite direction, losses will eventually mount up. It really depends on how long one wishes to sit and wait for profits and how much risk tolerance one can sustain if/when a large Magnitude trades starts to go against you.

Of course, gearing down lot size to the point of being just a little bit more profitable than a government issued security, defeats the purpose of growth of capital in absolute dollar value terms with a higher rate of speed. Yet, combining slow absolute dollar terms growth with extremely low position sizing inherently reduces risk naturally. The double edge sword of that fact being an equally slower rate of growth of absolute capital, despite higher returns ratios.

For these reasons, real capital growth is differentiated (different than) from net ROR. Ergo, it is possible to have an extremely high rate of return coupled to extremely slow rate of real equity growth. However, from a purely "trading" standpoint, cutting the noise, especially for the New Trader, is a fabulous way to learn about the market concept of Magnitude and why it is so important to Trading overall.

j12 Feb 11, 2020 11:45pm | Post# 178

It is good to see someone who caught on to the power of Magnitude and then uses it in their trading. Swing Trading or Position Trading, though it has an extended event horizon for profit, can be a very effective way to trade for those with extended expectations for taking profit. However, if you get the Direction wrong and you don't use a stop, or you don't shift in directional bias by taking a smaller loss before moving in the opposite direction, losses will eventually mount up. It really depends on how long one wishes to sit and wait for profits...
Hey good post, what on your view is a slower rate of growth compared to a higher rate of growth?

j12 Feb 14, 2020 8:39am | Post# 179

So I have put my trade explorer live again, closed a few trades I had open

1.6%+
108+ Pips

Can't complain leave me at 4.1%+ for the month target is between 3.5% to 4%+

interesting.....

j12 Feb 14, 2020 8:45am | Post# 180

Here's a video on what I think it takes to be a profitable trader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MG0dPFqwk
Hey,
Are you following this advice?

J

© Forex Factory