Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   To be successful... cut out the noise (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=970957)

GMD Feb 19, 2020 6:35am | Post# 201

Good movement again on The Australian side of the planet, I have put my trade explorer live again 1.2%+ 110+ Pips So this leave me at 5.3%+ 361 pips for the month of Feb Again can't complain the monthly target is between 3.5% to 4%+ Approx spent about 15 mins this week trading, spent more time talking to @GMD on whatsapp Regards J
Hahah yeah buddy, I have to say that is correct.

Unfortunately for me, my pip count was 0 for the month (I didnt open trades tho).. But I believe that is gonna start changing soon thanks to your advices mate!

No need for a Live streaming

Regards
GMD

j12 Feb 19, 2020 9:05am | Post# 202

{quote} Hahah yeah buddy, I have to say that is correct. Unfortunately for me, my pip count was 0 for the month (I didnt open trades tho).. But I believe that is gonna start changing soon thanks to your advices mate! No need for a Live streaming Regards GMD
I am slightly confused, what will live streaming trading consist of?

GMD Feb 19, 2020 10:46am | Post# 203

{quote} I am slightly confused, what will live streaming trading consist of?
I am not entirely sure what that means either.. But it seems to me that instead of using a Trade Explorer , some people prefer to do "live streaming" of their trades.. Meaning that they have to stick their eyes in front of a computer for hours until price reaches TP or SL..

Perhaps JetTrader could explain better

j12 Feb 24, 2020 10:23am | Post# 204

Good movement again on The Canadian side, I have put my trade explorer live again

1.0%+
66+ Pips

So this leave me at 6.4%+ 396 pips for the month of Feb

Again can't complain the monthly target is between 3.5% to 4%+

Approx spent about 10 mins this week trading, I guess it's only the start of the week, think I'll it the rest of the month out, let's see

Regards
J

j12 Feb 24, 2020 10:33am | Post# 205

I hope you all can see that I mean when I say cut out the noise....

I see another thread that I have participated on, people arguing about indicators etc,

Once again I say, unless someone can prove something via a trade explorer or a 3rd party verification take it with a pinch of salt....

People want to make long posts, preach to others, tell them they are wrong, yet as soon as you ask them, ok show us your results with what you are saying....

Answer always tends to be NO, I don't need to, or start getting clever or smart etc

No one is asking you to show money, it's no one else's business other then your own.

Show consistency over a period of time, let your results speak for themselves...

Regards

J

tiborf71 Feb 24, 2020 10:37am | Post# 206

I hope you all can see that I mean when I say cut out the noise.... I see another thread that I have participated on, people arguing about indicators etc, Once again I say, unless someone can prove something via a trade explorer or a 3rd party verification take it with a pinch of salt.... People want to make long posts, preach to others, tell them they are wrong, yet as soon as you ask them, ok show us your results with what you are saying.... Answer always tends to be NO, I don't need to, or start getting clever or smart etc No one is asking you...
true

j12 Feb 24, 2020 1:14pm | Post# 207

People I think tend to concentrate so much on finding a perfect system, as soon as a few trades lose or go against, then it's back to the drawing board.

tiborf71 Feb 24, 2020 1:30pm | Post# 208

me too I tested a lot of systems in already,
while I finally found what works for me.

j12 Feb 24, 2020 4:09pm | Post# 209

I was just saying this to my friend

Forex is like a trap in certain ways, people look at it, have big dreams. Dreams about, financial freedom, cars, holidays, sitting on a beach making some money. Or alternatively just being a trader, being known as a trader amongst family & friends.

Then you'll have people who try to sell the courses etc, 10% of people will actually buy these courses, these sellers are probably actually the people that make a lot of money from this business.

Then you'll have the other 90% that will go it alone, spend a hell of a lot of time studying it, going through the 100s of systems indicators etc making themselves & others think they are traders.

Eventually moving from system to system, method to method, trying to convince themselves that the system they are using is the problem, the indicators are wrong, the markets are crazy.

Then 90% of them will probably blow a lot of money, another 8% will lose interest 2% will probably take money out of it if that...

Regards

J

hunter.FX Feb 24, 2020 5:55pm | Post# 210

I was able to become professional after about 6 months of dedicating everything I had to the trade. Focus entirely works like a charm

j12 Feb 24, 2020 6:24pm | Post# 211

I have people asking me on my Instagram etc why I make my trade explorer private during live trade...

Again the reason is I don't want people just to copy my trades, because 1000 people copy the trade we'll have 1000 different outcomes.

J

j12 Feb 24, 2020 6:36pm | Post# 212

I was able to become professional after about 6 months of dedicating everything I had to the trade. Focus entirely works like a charm

Really? That's amazing, keep it up....

GMD Feb 25, 2020 7:17am | Post# 213

I was just saying this to my friend Forex is like a trap in certain ways, people look at it, have big dreams. Dreams about, financial freedom, cars, holidays, sitting on a beach making some money. Or alternatively just being a trader, being known as a trader amongst family & friends. Then you'll have people who try to sell the courses etc, 10% of people will actually buy these courses, these sellers are probably actually the people that make a lot of money from this business. Then you'll have the other 90% that will go it alone, spend a hell of...
So true my friend. I have to admit I have been there a long time ago.. All this nice and fancy things that we would like to do or have when we have money, is one of the problems why people can't focus on a realistic approach when it comes to investing your capital and make it grow.

I am not saying you can't have those things, it's just that you have to understand that it takes TIME to build capital... its not gonna happen one year to the other..

But because of this reasons is why people get caught in this big dreams of financial freedom and fancy life is gonna happen any time soon. Being called a "trader" sounds so cool and exotic, but I think most of the people get the wrong idea of what trading or actually being an Investor means..

At some point we all want to make 5% a day... or 20% every month...Popping some magical indicators, finding the holy grail pattern..
But if you can do that, means that you must have 200 IQ.. you are at Albert Einstein level..
So.. be honest to yourself. Are you that smart?.. This type of ideas is what end up making you unhappy and frustrated

Now, keeping it realistic for me means, making 4% a month maybe.. Having a longterm plan to make money over the years to keep on adding my trading account.. make my capital grow slow and steady.. Perhaps in 10 years from now I can do all those things I was dreaming about.

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans... So don't worry about being a "trader"... just focus on taking opportunities life is giving you, live your life happily, meanwhile make your capital grow over the years..

That's my focus.

tiborf71 Feb 25, 2020 1:48pm | Post# 214

20% per month is not impossible.

viptrading Feb 25, 2020 1:55pm | Post# 215

Nice thread. It's refreshing to see someone on here that actually trades and backs up the talk. If you continue to be this consistent you will become one of the few who succeed in Forex long term and can become very wealthy. Forex is all about exponential gains, you can't achieve this type of success in any other business. People who think Forex trading is a scam or have not yet become profitable can learn from traders like yourself.

I notice that you also do not use any indicators in your trading. Are you mainly just a support and resistance trader? Or do you trade fundamentals? A mixture of both like me? I would love to hear your thoughts.

j12 Feb 25, 2020 2:01pm | Post# 216

20% per month is not impossible.
Hey yes that's correct, it's not impossible...

Regards

J

j12 Feb 25, 2020 2:11pm | Post# 217

Nice thread. It's refreshing to see someone on here that actually trades and backs up the talk. If you continue to be this consistent you will become one of the few who succeed in Forex long term and can become very wealthy. Forex is all about exponential gains, you can't achieve this type of success in any other business. People who think Forex trading is a scam or have not yet become profitable can learn from traders like yourself. I notice that you also do not use any indicators in your trading. Are you mainly just a support and resistance trader?...
Hi VIP, it's always important I feel to back something up. Nothing speaks more then actual results. Other gurus on here no names mentioned, still want to disagree with results...results over a prolonged period of time... Not just a week or a month or a year...

You're not wrong, forex is not a scam, it's just the people who take advantage of others. Like with anything, where there is money to be made, others will take advantage.

I don't like indicators at all. People spend so much time trying to get the perfect entry, use every indicator under the sun, then when something goes wrong, the frist thing to blame is the indicators....

Regards

J

viptrading Feb 25, 2020 2:14pm | Post# 218

Exactly. I have an entire thread dedicated to explaining the way I trade, I post my weekly analysis etc trying to help new traders. But it seems the other thread I started talking about indicators got more comments because of the drama.

tiborf71 Feb 25, 2020 2:22pm | Post# 219

I'm not the enemy of indicators.
some of them are pretty good.
always the idea behind it is always the point

j12 Feb 25, 2020 2:29pm | Post# 220

Exactly. I have an entire thread dedicated to explaining the way I trade, I post my weekly analysis etc trying to help new traders. But it seems the other thread I started talking about indicators got more comments because of the drama.
Yes I see, it's a shame, because the attitude is just totally wrong, we can help others, people come & go, a few will stick it out & actually be profitable.

I try to back everything I'm saying with results. The way I trade may not be for everyone. Everyone is different. Some people maybe doing this all day long, they have more time then I do. But surely we can learn from one another. What might not work for me might work for someone else.

It's good what you do, successful or not successful, that's not the point at least you're showing and trying to teach others the correct way...

Regards

J

© Forex Factory