Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   BTM - Expert Advisor (EA) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=961302)

JoeeF Nov 8, 2019 6:15pm | Post# 41

So, what's the next?
The third step. Identification of pivots.

Or I can firstly release basic version for experimenting in strategy tester. Till now is implemented trend detection and entry signals.

However, firstly I need prepare installation and configuration instructions and other stuff. And it will take some time.

Azis1234 Nov 8, 2019 6:22pm | Post# 42

Yes repainting is an issue. Backtest would be impossible I guess. I will forward test it.
Thank you for you efforts and I hope it will pay off if this is truly a working system in the long term.

JoeeF Nov 8, 2019 6:30pm | Post# 43

Yes repainting is an issue. Backtest would be impossible I guess.
This is a complex question. Which behavior can be perceived as repainting and which not.
There aren't easy answers there.

northwind Nov 8, 2019 8:12pm | Post# 44

So, what's the next? ... However, firstly I need prepare installation and configuration instructions and other stuff. And it will take some time.
Hi Joe,
This a huge effort you have taken on. Thank you for all of us.
From the examples you've shown, this EA looks to be a creative and flexible solution to a complex problem.
Please let me know if I can help with the user manual/documentation or anything else. It is the least I can contribute to the effort.
All the best.
John

Evernewtron Nov 8, 2019 9:58pm | Post# 45

You can't-repeat- you can't backtest the BTM strategy...impossible, quit trying. Come over to our thread in Members Lounge and try to catch up.
Hi' Cfudge,
Maybe you can talk to aaven to allow me post on here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=957850 i want to share the non bug version of NonRepaint EA that i post earlier there.
He said that i was an instance of BTM which is nonsense, i was live in a quite remote location right now where internet isn't available anywhere therefore i can't reply post as fast as he want.
I don't have any intend to being BTM or i am not an instance of BTM, you can look on your shoutout list that i was maybe the first 3 person that shoutout to cfudge that BTM are going to do some drama, can you explain why i doing this if i was an instance of BTM?
Thanks Cfudge,

ALSO..
Yes testing a repainting indicator using Strategy Tester / Expert Advisor is useless, but you've good effort @JoeeF, i appreciate it...

trieuVhh Nov 8, 2019 11:08pm | Post# 46

{quote} Hi' Cfudge, Maybe you can talk to aaven to allow me post on here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=957850 i want to share the non bug version of NonRepaint EA that i post earlier there. He said that i was an instance of BTM which is nonsense, i was live in a quite remote location right now where internet isn't available anywhere therefore i can't reply post as fast as he want. . I don't have any intend to being BTM or i am not an instance of BTM, you can look on your shoutout list that i was maybe the first 3 person...
Stop spamming, nobody care about you or your trash EA. Joe, u should ignore this clone.

Evernewtron Nov 8, 2019 11:11pm | Post# 47

{quote} Stop spamming, nobody care about you or your trash EA. Joe, u should ignore this clone.
I am not spamming, just want to clear my name that i wasn't part of BTM.
I don't have any intend to sell anything or get anything from FF at all.
Btw, thanks for your supportive word about my EA, it touches so much...

JoeeF Nov 8, 2019 11:55pm | Post# 48

{quote} Hi Joe, This a huge effort you have taken on. Thank you for all of us. From the examples you've shown, this EA looks to be a creative and flexible solution to a complex problem. Please let me know if I can help with the user manual/documentation or anything else. It is the least I can contribute to the effort. All the best. John
Good early morning,
In Europe ...

Thank you for your supportive words.
Please keep using my software. Your feedback is always very good and valuable.

Thank you very much.
Joe

JoeeF Nov 9, 2019 12:11am | Post# 49

You can't-repeat- you can't backtest the BTM strategy...impossible, quit trying.
Thank you for your input. However, I always testing ideas ...

As I said this is complex question. The update of the D-indicator might be a solution for example.
The discrepancies will be best shown when we compare results from live trading with results from back tester afterwards.

Come over to our thread in Members Lounge and try to catch up.
I won't repeat the same mistake. I'm sorry.

JoeeF Nov 9, 2019 12:33am | Post# 50

{quote} Hi' Cfudge, Maybe you can talk to aaven to allow me post on here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=957850 i want to share the non bug version of NonRepaint EA that i post earlier there. He said that i was an instance of BTM which is nonsense, i was live in a quite remote location right now where internet isn't available anywhere therefore i can't reply post as fast as he want. . I don't have any intend to being BTM or i am not an instance of BTM, you can look on your shoutout list that i was maybe the first 3 person that shoutout to cfudge that BTM are going to do some drama, can you explain why i doing this if i was an instance of BTM? . Thanks Cfudge,
(1) Please don't use this thread as message board to other threads.
(2) I'm not a judge. I'm not judging you if you're a shadow BTM or not. However, there are other threads for this type of discussion.

ALSO.. Yes testing a repainting indicator using Strategy Tester / Expert Advisor is useless, but you've good effort @JoeeF, i appreciate it...
Thank you for your input. Please take a look at previous post.

JoeeF Nov 9, 2019 1:37am | Post# 51

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Joe, This a huge effort you have taken on. Thank you for all of us. From the examples you've shown, this EA looks to be a creative and flexible solution to a complex problem. Please let me know if I can help with the user manual/documentation or anything else. It is the least I can contribute to the effort. All the best. John
For example your support regarding user guide has helped me a lot.
JFF_UserGuide_v1.01.pdf
I hope you'll review the new version too. When it get ready of course.
All the best,
Joe

JoeeF Nov 9, 2019 1:46am | Post# 52

{quote} Stop spamming, nobody care about you or your trash EA. Joe, u should ignore this clone.
Thank you. I'm aware of it.
regards

fforexer Nov 9, 2019 2:54am | Post# 53

All indicators can be found in this thread: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=957850 Thank to all awesome traders here, they successfully recreated BTM system. cfudge also working on making an EA base on this strategy with a little modification, u can read about it on doc file (credit to aaven) {image} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file}
hi mate- are your tpl and indicators enough for download? or anything else?
thanks

JoeeF Nov 9, 2019 3:02am | Post# 54

{quote} hi mate- are your tpl and indicators enough for download? or anything else? thanks
Please read at least the first post.

I'll release the first version in few hours.
I have to prepare installation and configuration instructions and other stuff.
regards

Brixen Nov 9, 2019 3:13am | Post# 55

{quote} Please read at least the first post. I'll release the first version in few hours. I have to prepare installation and configuration instructions and other stuff. regards
This guy is working for free, working hard, for all of us, on saturday..... in current modern world to find a person as JoeeF is almost a miracle!
Inserted Video

JoeeF Nov 9, 2019 4:09am | Post# 56

Only one note.
If someone is scared that original indicators (A-F) will expire:

(a) I'm expecting it. At December 1, 2019
(b) I can easy change used indicators. We've got all required indicators.
(c) I'm using them temporary as a the first step to mimic original BTM approach.

By the way without source codes of all components I wouldn't create this expert advisor/dashboard.
regards

sam68 Nov 9, 2019 5:20am | Post# 57

Good day traders . I am in

JoeeF Nov 9, 2019 11:23am | Post# 58

2 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to find optimal layout and information that will be shown on the dashboard tab.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 27 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image2.png
Size: 26 KB

JoeeF Nov 9, 2019 11:39am | Post# 59

I'm trying to find optimal layout and information that will be shown on the dashboard tab. {image} {image}
I don't want to blindly use the old layout. However, some items are obvious.

89578251 Nov 10, 2019 2:13am | Post# 60

Coming soon ... Please be patient. After today's close I'll release the first version of my EA and update this the first post. EDIT: I have to prepare installation and configuration instructions and other stuff. I need only a few more hours ... Stay Green. Joe
Is the EA ready for demo test?

© Forex Factory