Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Follow the Candles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=956138)

Dayatxiii Nov 5, 2019 7:23pm | Post# 221

1 Attachment(s)
This is the result for this week:

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_1.jpg
Size: 366 KB

All settings are default with the exception of TP sets to 10% and SL to 5%. The reason why the total basket is 36.39 instead of 30.00 because I closed the EA to manual trade other accounts. I have to re-opened the EA every time I check for this account and when I re-opened the account, the total basket has exceed 10% thus it closed as it is.

mrdfx Nov 5, 2019 7:29pm | Post# 222

Question,....mrdfx,..the ea only open trades on thuesday ?????? its possible an imput to open trades and close on any day of the week ??
You can set the EA to open on any day you want, but the close time is set to Friday which is the day to close if TP or SL have not been hit.

mrdfx Nov 5, 2019 7:31pm | Post# 223

How do I get the EA to use a percentage of my account for the risk? I've set the "Use Risk % of Account" to true, and set the Risk % to 1.0, and the balance is 38k, but it submitted trades of only 0.01 lots...
{quote} This was is reply,.. Hello artic118, It seems that there may be a small bug with the risk % lot size calculations. I'll get it fixed and upload it. In the mean time use fixed lot. Cheers.

Yup picked up a small bug with the risk % for lot sizing. I've asked my friend to take a look and get it fixed for me. Its normal to pick up some small bugs here and there for a new EA, but all will be fixed up shortly.

Froggy Nov 5, 2019 7:31pm | Post# 224

mrdfx

Am I correct in assuming that if the mt4 session where the EA is operating must be kept ON as there are NO hard SL/TP?

The EA must be ON all of the time?

mrdfx Nov 5, 2019 7:34pm | Post# 225

1 Attachment(s)
Basket +5% TP hit!

It has been another pretty fast week hitting TP in a little under 24 hours. Done for the week!

Guys that's +5% profit with 0 time and effort needed, can't get more easy an simple as that!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 21.22.47.png
Size: 119 KB

kik Nov 5, 2019 8:23pm | Post# 226

1 Attachment(s)
I hate the pound .... but I just see, lol
can you help me please, thanks

and didn't open any trade...
Click to Enlarge

Name: GRELHA.png
Size: 54 KB

artic118 Nov 5, 2019 8:41pm | Post# 227

{quote} You can set the EA to open on any day you want, but the close time is set to Friday which is the day to close if TP or SL have not been hit.
Thank you

Froggy Nov 5, 2019 10:55pm | Post# 228

1 Attachment(s)
Basket +5% TP hit! It has been another pretty fast week hitting TP in a little under 24 hours. Done for the week! Guys that's +5% profit with 0 time and effort needed, can't get more easy an simple as that! {image}
??? nothing much up-down-up..... how do you get these results.....
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 50 KB

PaulDV Nov 6, 2019 3:14am | Post# 229

Basket +5% TP hit! It has been another pretty fast week hitting TP in a little under 24 hours. Done for the week! Guys that's +5% profit with 0 time and effort needed, can't get more easy an simple as that! {image}
Excellent! What trade size did you use?

vivaldi2 Nov 6, 2019 4:37am | Post# 230

1 Attachment(s)
I think we need to have back test for this strategy, I just created an EA for backtesting on single symbols , if you have tick data on your mt4, please back test the EA and copy the results here to see which symbols works best . the EA works on UTC time ( it opens position 4 AM on Tuesday ) you can change it if your tick data is from various time frames .
FollowtheCandlesbymrdfx.ex4

vivaldi2 Nov 6, 2019 4:41am | Post# 231

2 Attachment(s)
The strategy is working fine and we just need to find the best settings for TP,SL,BE and TS .
Here is my Back test result for XAUUSD ( 2 years data ) :
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 39 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 74 KB

bubincka Nov 6, 2019 5:46am | Post# 232

Hi mrdfx,

have you ever thought to launch the bot again, e.g. on Wednesday in case like this one that target is hit quickly ?

Not an invitation to be greedy, just a though.

Best regards,
Bubincka

bubincka Nov 6, 2019 6:37am | Post# 233

I think we need to have back test for this strategy, I just created an EA for backtesting on single symbols , if you have tick data on your mt4, please back test the EA and copy the results here to see which symbols works best . the EA works on UTC time ( it opens position 4 AM on Tuesday ) you can change it if your tick data is from various time frames . {file}
Hi vivaldi2,

I think back test is a good idea.

However since this strategy operates on basket the ideal would be to run it on 28 pairs simultaneously to know more about the best overall global SL and TP and at which hour/minute of the day to start it.

As far as I know multi-pairs back test is possible only with MT5.

Best regards,
Bubincka

salimc Nov 6, 2019 7:02am | Post# 234

Hello mrdfx,
The ea working well with my pepperstone account. But failed to run with my icm account. Don't understand the reason.
Thanks.

drsa1970 Nov 6, 2019 7:19am | Post# 235

EA worked for me correctly and opened trades on time based on strategy rules,and closed all trades once reached to 5% profit . thank you Mrdfx

salimc Nov 6, 2019 7:41am | Post# 236

EA worked for me correctly and opened trades on time based on strategy rules,and closed all trades once reached to 5% profit . thank you Mrdfx
drsa1970,
Congratulations. Which one is your broker?
Thanks.

udongozi Nov 6, 2019 7:44am | Post# 237

How can i converts your email Forex Signals into MT4 orders?

drsa1970 Nov 6, 2019 7:58am | Post# 238

{quote} drsa1970, Congratulations. Which one is your broker? Thanks.
Fxpro

bubincka Nov 6, 2019 8:10am | Post# 239

Hello mrdfx, The ea working well with my pepperstone account. But failed to run with my icm account. Don't understand the reason. Thanks.
Hi salimc,

it could be an isolated episode, I'm too with icm (demo) and on Tuesday this week at 03:59 my EA didn't open any trade returning MT4 common error, signalling icm demo server unavailability. On previous week, same broker, EA and time trade were opened regularly.

mrdfx Nov 6, 2019 8:34am | Post# 240

{quote} Excellent! What trade size did you use?
I was using a slightly higher lot size this week than 0.01/$200 as the EA used the fixed lot size instead of risk %. This is getting fixed and should be sorted by the weekend.

© Forex Factory