Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Follow the Candles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=956138)

yveeline Dec 1, 2019 6:21am | Post# 421

Hello,

I just downloaded the EA from the first post. Is this EA still work or expired already on November 30th 2019?

Thank you

tomorton Dec 1, 2019 2:17pm | Post# 422

If I've understood this system correctly there are some major principles at work here which might help guide traders -

1. find a strong trend from the chart and follow it

2. trend must be both long-term and short-term

3. follow all the strong trends, don't try to select just the best one

4. ignore individual chart TA once the position is open, just make trade decisions for the whole basket based on aggregated profit/loss

5. avoid holding through the weekend gap risk and Monday's ambiguous price action

I wonder if it would be relevant to add a sixth principle? -

6. prioritise the currencies with the greatest number of strong trends and take positions in those pairs based on these even if the individual chart TA would not indicate an entry - e.g. if GBP is strong, enter all GBP pairs, even if some are not individually selected at 1. or 2. above

artic118 Dec 1, 2019 6:21pm | Post# 423

EA EXPIRED,..if download the ea from first post,..i trie all,..the same ea expired,..?????????????

galmak Dec 2, 2019 2:56am | Post# 424

1 Attachment(s)
Indeed, ea expired. We should wait for the new one....

Previous week results.
Click to Enlarge

Name: FTC4.png
Size: 19 KB

mrdfx Dec 2, 2019 4:22pm | Post# 425

1 Attachment(s)
Hello guys apologies for being away and the delay in uploading a new version of the EA, but I've been super busy with some personal things these last days.

I'll read back and try to reply to everyone over the next few days.

Attached is the EA with expiry set to 31/12.

Post 1 updated!

Lets hope for a good profitable week!

EDIT: Picked up another small bug with the trailing stop, just as I thought everything was fixed. Please don't use trailing stop until I upload the fix. Besides that all is working as it should.
Follow The Candles EA.ex4

yveeline Dec 2, 2019 6:38pm | Post# 426

thank you

mrdfx Dec 2, 2019 8:22pm | Post# 427

2 Attachment(s)
This week's basket is live with 11 pairs.

Lets see how this week goes.

I'm curious about the market trends and volatility coming into December as the markets tapers down in liquidity, we shall see if it goes in our favor.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 22.00.31.png
Size: 120 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 22.00.56.png
Size: 115 KB

monty20 Dec 2, 2019 8:30pm | Post# 428

What do I change in the EA to try a different opening time? I’d like to try and open all my trades at 5:00 am EST which would be 10:00am gmt. Just to try a different time to see the results.

thanks

tuxTrader Dec 2, 2019 11:32pm | Post# 429

1 Attachment(s)
Basket opened at 4:00 with 10 pairs via EA. I activated "Use Lots Per Balance" with 0.03/1000 Lots Per Account Balance. It Worked successfully.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 29 KB

mrdfx Dec 3, 2019 12:04am | Post# 430

2 Attachment(s)
This week's basket is live with 11 pairs. Lets see how this week goes. I'm curious about the market trends and volatility coming into December as the markets tapers down in liquidity, we shall see if it goes in our favor. {image} {image}
+5% TP hit in a cpl of hours!

This is the kind of week I was waiting for!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 02.01.13.png
Size: 117 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 02.02.31.png
Size: 114 KB

mrdfx Dec 3, 2019 12:06am | Post# 431

What do I change in the EA to try a different opening time? Id like to try and open all my trades at 5:00 am EST which would be 10:00am gmt. Just to try a different time to see the results. thanks
In the EA settings you can choose which day you want the EA to trade and you can set any open time you want to try.

tuxTrader Dec 3, 2019 3:14am | Post# 432

1 Attachment(s)
Basket opened at 4:00 with 10 pairs via EA. I activated "Use Lots Per Balance" with 0.03/1000 Lots Per Account Balance. It Worked successfully. {image}
Final result:

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 20 KB

GoldenFibo Dec 3, 2019 3:44am | Post# 433

Hello Traders, i have MEZ time zone, do I have to pay attention or which do you use?

wifipci Dec 3, 2019 4:58am | Post# 434

{quote} +5% TP hit in a cpl of hours! This is the kind of week I was waiting for! {image} {image}
Hi
I have a question. When your equity reaches +5%, you close all the trades or keep any trade alive? Similarly, when -10% drawdown from your equity, you kill all trades or just close some particular pairs?

tuxTrader Dec 3, 2019 5:28am | Post# 435

Hello Traders, i have MEZ time zone, do I have to pay attention or which do you use?
in my personal opinion, it's not important. just try different open time around 3 to 4 am in your broker time and see the results.

monty20 Dec 3, 2019 5:57am | Post# 436

{quote} +5% TP hit in a cpl of hours! This is the kind of week I was waiting for! {image} {image}
Now will you just quit for the week or will you try it again tonight?

mrdfx Dec 3, 2019 6:31am | Post# 437

{quote} Hi I have a question. When your equity reaches +5%, you close all the trades or keep any trade alive? Similarly, when -10% drawdown from your equity, you kill all trades or just close some particular pairs?
Yes when my target TP is reached all orders are closed, the same goes for SL.

This strategy is treated like a basket of pairs and all orders are handled like a basket not individually.

mrdfx Dec 3, 2019 6:33am | Post# 438

{quote} Now will you just quit for the week or will you try it again tonight?
Yes I am done for the week with this strategy, although you are welcome to experiment with other days and open times.

I am testing a daily setting but that will take many more months of forward testing to compile enough data.

galmak Dec 3, 2019 6:34am | Post# 439

1 Attachment(s)
my basket is still running....with 14 valid pairs
Click to Enlarge

Name: FTCopen1.png
Size: 23 KB

johnsmith2nd Dec 3, 2019 7:42am | Post# 440

Hello guys apologies for being away and the delay in uploading a new version of the EA, but I've been super busy with some personal things these last days. I'll read back and try to reply to everyone over the next few days. Attached is the EA with expiry set to 31/12. Post 1 updated! Lets hope for a good profitable week! EDIT: Picked up another small bug with the trailing stop, just as I thought everything was fixed. Please don't use trailing stop until I upload the fix. Besides that all is working as it should. {file}
I was wondering why my basket didn't open

© Forex Factory