Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Follow the Candles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=956138)

mrdfx Nov 6, 2019 8:36am | Post# 241

{quote} Hi mrdfx, have you ever thought to launch the bot again, e.g. on Wednesday in case like this one that target is hit quickly ? Not an invitation to be greedy, just a though. Best regards, Bubincka
Hi bubincka, I haven't actually. I also don't like to be greedy, but it is an idea that we can test sure.

PaulDV Nov 6, 2019 8:39am | Post# 242

{quote} I was using a slightly higher lot size this week than 0.01/$200 as the EA used the fixed lot size instead of risk %. This is getting fixed and should be sorted by the weekend.
Thankyou.

I'm a coder myself, and out of curiosity, I'm keen to understand how you're going to calculate the lot size to use based on an account balance, but without any stop size. For the calculation, do you assume a risk of 10 pips? 100?

salimc Nov 6, 2019 8:54am | Post# 243

{quote} Fxpro
Thanks for the info.

salimc Nov 6, 2019 9:25am | Post# 244

{quote} Hi salimc, it could be an isolated episode, I'm too with icm (demo) and on Tuesday this week at 03:59 my EA didn't open any trade returning MT4 common error, signalling icm demo server unavailability. On previous week, same broker, EA and time trade were opened regularly.
Hi bubincka,

I don't understand if its an isolated episode or not. I failed with icm. So I am having my test run with my pepperstone account. Its working fine with them.
Thanks.

mrdfx Nov 6, 2019 10:39am | Post# 245

{quote} Thankyou. I'm a coder myself, and out of curiosity, I'm keen to understand how you're going to calculate the lot size to use based on an account balance, but without any stop size. For the calculation, do you assume a risk of 10 pips? 100?
I'm no coder so I don't know how my friend calculated it but I can ask him. I only asked him for this option in the EA and he did it, how I'm not sure.

PaulDV Nov 6, 2019 11:30am | Post# 246

{quote} I'm no coder so I don't know how my friend calculated it but I can ask him. I only asked him for this option in the EA and he did it, how I'm not sure.
No worries - as I said, I was just curious. Hopefully it will all become clear with the update.

kik Nov 6, 2019 3:02pm | Post# 247

1 Attachment(s)
still without any negotiation and also can not configure the table ...
why not open positions?

I already changed the hours and nothing

thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: mx.png
Size: 58 KB

cescof Nov 6, 2019 3:05pm | Post# 248

Just for info... i've started my demo at 12am this morning.. 21 pairs opened and just close by SL....
I know that's not the right time...but i would test Ea..
Thanks
Regards

PaulDV Nov 6, 2019 5:06pm | Post# 249

still without any negotiation and also can not configure the table ... why not open positions? I already changed the hours and nothing thanks {image}
Looks like the symbols from your broker have a suffix. You need to update the list of pairs to have the same name as the pairs provided by your broker.

kik Nov 6, 2019 5:52pm | Post# 250

{quote} Looks like the symbols from your broker have a suffix. You need to update the list of pairs to have the same name as the pairs provided by your broker.
Great, thanks

Dynasty Nov 7, 2019 7:55am | Post# 251

Great Job, this is amazing wao you got it too simple and clear no confusion no drama this tread proffers the right solution to forex trading without heart attacks and head aches, Thanks Mr.dfx you have done a great job.

salimc Nov 7, 2019 9:30am | Post# 252

Great Job, this is amazing wao you got it too simple and clear no confusion no drama this tread proffers the right solution to forex trading without heart attacks and head aches, Thanks Mr.dfx you have done a great job.
You are 100% correct.

mrdfx Nov 7, 2019 10:11am | Post# 253

I've realized that some might think this strategy to be boring as its a weekly strategy and only trading 1 day of the week. Most traders like to trade daily and think if they only trade once per week its not enough to make profit.

I've set my TP to 5% and if we win every week that's 20% pm which is very good for me personally. 20% compounded throughout the year is over 700% profit! Now we will probably have some losses along the way, but still make a good profit in the end.

What I really like is the simplicity of the strategy and that you don't need to invest so much chart time and effort to trade it. You free to trade your other strategies that you trade daily and you can still make a good monthly profit on the side.

Traders need to change their mindsets and psychology when they approach trading. You don't need to be in the market all the time, find a strategy that puts less stress and time in your trading, have patience and realistic expectations of how much you want/need to make. Once you get that you'll understand the potential of this strategy. :-)

mrdfx Nov 7, 2019 10:40am | Post# 254

On another note this strategy is pretty adaptable thanks to the EA. You can change which time frames you want the EA monitor and open times so you can experiment with trading on different days, time frames, and open times.

I'm busy experimenting with a daily approach that IF successful can be traded everyday for added weekly profits. Its still early days but if its successful I'll share my findings and results.

Alberto_Jazz Nov 7, 2019 11:06am | Post# 255

Traders need to change their mindsets and psychology when they approach trading. Y
I totally agree with your post.

The only problem is that if your trade with a 10% stop, then a losing week will burn 2 winning weeks, and that's scary.
How many times will this happen? Who knows.

The difficult side of this work is to find the right risk/reward ratio.

mrdfx Nov 7, 2019 12:51pm | Post# 256

{quote} I totally agree with your post. The only problem is that if your trade with a 10% stop, then a losing week will burn 2 winning weeks, and that's scary. How many times will this happen? Who knows. The difficult side of this work is to find the right risk/reward ratio.
As we trading a basket of pairs that can range up to 20+ pairs depending on their trends we need to allow "room to breath".

If we set a lower SL it could be too tight. When trading a basket of pairs its normal for pairs to swing so to accommodate that we set a wider SL.

The 10% SL and 5% TP are my personal weekly targets, of course you don't need to use the same, you can experiment with your own risk parameters and targets.

totustuus Nov 7, 2019 1:02pm | Post# 257

{quote} As we trading a basket of pairs that can range up to 20+ pairs depending on their trends we need to allow "room to breath". If we set a lower SL it could be too tight. When trading a basket of pairs its normal for pairs to swing so to accommodate that we set a wider SL. The 10% SL and 5% TP are my personal weekly targets, of course you don't need to use the same, you can experiment with your own risk parameters and targets.
Thank you, mrdfx i will give it a try .

tuxTrader Nov 7, 2019 2:09pm | Post# 258

1 Attachment(s)
The EA opened 12 trades for this week at 3am of Tuesday. it seems better than first day of last week, but judgment is early. let's see how it goes. {image}
Thank you mrdfx for sharing of this strategy. Final result of this week:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 22 KB

bubincka Nov 7, 2019 3:47pm | Post# 259

I've realized that some might think this strategy to be boring as its a weekly strategy and only trading 1 day of the week. Most traders like to trade daily and think if they only trade once per week its not enough to make profit. I've set my TP to 5% and if we win every week that's 20% pm which is very good for me personally. 20% compounded throughout the year is over 700% profit! Now we will probably have some losses along the way, but still make a good profit in the end. What I really like is the simplicity of the strategy and that you don't...
Agree.

If only we could back test this weekly strategy for 28 pairs simultaneously it would bring important info on which is the best Hour & Minute to open the basket.
Given that Tuesday is the right day to start, I think the right time is still an open question.

eurix Nov 7, 2019 7:20pm | Post# 260

2 Attachment(s)
This indicator shows the progress of the basket's profits or losses.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_4.jpg
Size: 77 KB

TradeChart2.ex4

© Forex Factory