Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Follow the Candles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=956138)

salimc Nov 4, 2019 1:34am | Post# 181

{quote} Hello salimc, you can load the EA on any chart time frame, the EA does not look at what time frame chart you using it is only looking at the time frames selected in the EA settings. You can use default settings, you only need to edit your money management settings to suit your account.
hello mrdfx
thanks for your advice. Now will be waiting for the broker's 1st 4-hour candle on Tuesday.

Horpexy Nov 4, 2019 5:14pm | Post# 182

{quote} Hello salimc, you can load the EA on any chart time frame, the EA does not look at what time frame chart you using it is only looking at the time frames selected in the EA settings. You can use default settings, you only need to edit your money management settings to suit your account.
Pls will you be posting your trade here so we learning the strategy can correlate with our own to see if we are on track. Thanks

PaulDV Nov 4, 2019 5:40pm | Post# 183

@mrdfx - you could improve the efficiency of the EA by removing the check for the trend on either H4 or D1. This is because H4 and D1 will always be the same as it's the first candle of the day, making the daily trend at that point the same as the H4.

blamshakk Nov 4, 2019 5:42pm | Post# 184

1 Attachment(s)
hey mrdfx

many thanks for sharing the EA. annoyingly, i had a computer restart today and might have missed the boat for basket launch today. However another issue has come up - all the boxes on the EA are greyed out. the indicator is loaded on the chart with the correct settings though. before the computer restart, this morning all the boxes had red and green colours.

Click to Enlarge

Name: follow candles grey.JPG
Size: 133 KB

any ideas?

thanks, blam

NoNonSenseFX Nov 4, 2019 5:46pm | Post# 185

hey mrdfx many thanks for sharing the EA. annoyingly, i had a computer restart today and might have missed the boat for basket launch today. However another issue has come up - all the boxes on the EA are greyed out. the indicator is loaded on the chart with the correct settings though. before the computer restart, this morning all the boxes had red and green colours. {image} any ideas? thanks, blam
try to restart your MT4, it may fix your issue.

mrdfx Nov 4, 2019 7:57pm | Post# 186

hey mrdfx many thanks for sharing the EA. annoyingly, i had a computer restart today and might have missed the boat for basket launch today. However another issue has come up - all the boxes on the EA are greyed out. the indicator is loaded on the chart with the correct settings though. before the computer restart, this morning all the boxes had red and green colours. {image} any ideas? thanks, blam
Hi blamshakk if you seeing only grey boxes then it means the EA is not reading any ticks on your terminal. See if your terminal is connected and there is ticks in your market watch window. If not try restarting your terminal.

mrdfx Nov 4, 2019 8:01pm | Post# 187

2 Attachment(s)
Ok this weeks basket has opened! 14 pairs this week.

It will be interesting this week as we have a new monthly candle still forming so we will see how it goes.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 22.02.14.png
Size: 117 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 22.05.12.png
Size: 138 KB

Froggy Nov 4, 2019 8:11pm | Post# 188

Hi mrdfx,

I just turned my pc (6mn late!!!) ON..... of course nothing has opened. Will the EA open up some trades now ?

Froggy Nov 4, 2019 8:41pm | Post# 189

1 Attachment(s)
Hi mrdfx, I just turned my pc (6mn late!!!) ON..... of course nothing has opened. Will the EA open up some trades now ?
all fixed just adjusted the time ...15 trades
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 37 KB

munna00 Nov 4, 2019 9:56pm | Post# 190

my mt4 running in vps, in default setting no trades open till now

timilehin Nov 5, 2019 12:01am | Post# 191

HI MRDFX,
euraud in your weekly basket shows BUY but presently the indicator gives a sell signal,can you nplease explain?

xxsskxx Nov 5, 2019 2:04am | Post# 192

Looks like my demo account on my VPS never took any trades either. It complained of having no connection and a 'common error'. Please keep us updated on how it goes with results this week. Reloading the EA doesn't do anything. I'm guessing this basket for this week will now be missed right? Thanks

I use IC Markets

kefmawin Nov 5, 2019 3:12am | Post# 193

mrdfx, I must commend your magnanimity and generousity in putting this system in place and making it available for the public.
I want to plead with you not to allow nay sayers or ungrateful elements to prevent you in this kind gesture.
Ont this same platform, I have seen trades opened by people claiming to be expert traders instructing others. but they end up blabbing, just beating about the bush without any meaningful content.
But in your own case, you made it bare by hitting the point which has truly proven to be promising.

I tried out your approach for the very first time and I was amazed at the result. I did not use the EA, I simply used the indicator and opened my trade 3hrs after the close of the daily candle of the new week as instructed. I closed all trades manually about 8hrs later having made good profits. I even realized that I could have made greater profit if I still allowed the trade for another one to two hours.
Mrdfx, You are truly appreciated.

tuxTrader Nov 5, 2019 3:39am | Post# 194

1 Attachment(s)
The EA opened 12 trades for this week at 3am of Tuesday. it seems better than first day of last week, but judgment is early. let's see how it goes.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 23 KB

ppwest Nov 5, 2019 4:06am | Post# 195

2 Attachment(s)
5% TP Hit
10 Trades opened
Lot size 0.01/200
5000 demo account
Name:  EA.JPG
Views: 1134
Size:  26 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: TRADES.JPG
Size: 99 KB

xxsskxx Nov 5, 2019 5:58am | Post# 196

Looks like my demo account on my VPS never took any trades either. It complained of having no connection and a 'common error'. Please keep us updated on how it goes with results this week. Reloading the EA doesn't do anything. I'm guessing this basket for this week will now be missed right? Thanks I use IC Markets
I think I've found the problem, I was an hour too early (market was closed when my broker tried to open trades), adjusted out by one hour (Open basket time is now 4:0), and set to trade Wednesday (purely to test trades are placed at the correct time). Thanks

mrdfx Nov 5, 2019 7:04am | Post# 197

my mt4 running in vps, in default setting no trades open till now
Do you have auto trade enabled on your terminal? Without much info its difficult to know why it did not open for you.

mrdfx Nov 5, 2019 7:06am | Post# 198

HI MRDFX, euraud in your weekly basket shows BUY but presently the indicator gives a sell signal,can you nplease explain?
At the time of the open it was a valid buy and at the time you were looking at it it had reversed due to AUD news.

I have said in the first post that this strategy does not account for weekly news events, they can go either way and in the case of this pair it reversed.

artic118 Nov 5, 2019 7:19am | Post# 199

Hi, guys,..any one testing the ea in xm,..????

Im testing the ea in xm,.but no trades,.always get the message,..TRADING IS DISABLED,..i checked evrything 20 times,.i dont see where is the problem,.its driving me mad,..rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,..because i put on the same mt4 diferent eas, all them work ok,..not this one,.

dkarev Nov 5, 2019 7:52am | Post# 200

mrdfx, I must commend your magnanimity and generousity in putting this system in place and making it available for the public. I want to plead with you not to allow nay sayers or ungrateful elements to prevent you in this kind gesture. Ont this same platform, I have seen trades opened by people claiming to be expert traders instructing others. but they end up blabbing, just beating about the bush without any meaningful content. But in your own case, you made...
I am also studying the idea of closing trades after 7-9 of open trades.i av being studying it since last week as well and 2weeks in a round the results has being great..though am still studying it.

© Forex Factory