Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading FRAMA Ribbon only (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=954170)

northwind Oct 10, 2019 11:39pm | Post# 1

Trading FRAMA Ribbon only

4 Attachment(s)
Based on the ideas from cfudge and the EA developed by JoeeF in cfudge's thread "Thanks Mladen & Mrtools (profitable system with 2 indicators)" this system uses only the FRAMA ribbon indicator(attached) to trade. Clean and simple.
It can be set to scalp in ranging conditions and set to ride longer time frames and trends.
A request for JoeeF to modify his EA to trade only FRAMA Ribbon.
Trade on the ribbon crossover signal.
User adjustable Lot Size, TL, SL, Trailing stop, Alerts.
Example of Frama H1 time frame on H1 chart.

Example of Frama H1 time frame on H4 chart.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 29 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image2.png
Size: 33 KB
frama ribbon 1.1 (arrows).ex4
Name:  Image3.png
Views: 6319
Size:  38 KB

northwind Oct 11, 2019 12:00am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Frama period 10 on Frama Time Frame H1 on H1 chart.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 27 KB

JoeeF Oct 11, 2019 1:14am | Post# 3

A request for JoeeF to modify his EA to trade only FRAMA Ribbon. Trade on the ribbon crossover signal. User adjustable Lot Size, TL, SL, Trailing stop, Alerts.
Hello John,
I'll take a look at it as soon as I finish my daily routine.
Stay green,
Joe

northwind Oct 11, 2019 5:52am | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hello John, I'll take a look at it as soon as I finish my daily routine. Stay green, Joe
Thank you Joe.
frama ribbon 1.1.mq4 is attached.
I don't have the mq4 source file for the frama ribbon 1.1 (arrows).
It was modified by someone else to add the user option to change from dots to arrows.
Is it possible to include this change in your code?
All the best,
John
frama ribbon 1.1.mq4

sakultrader Oct 11, 2019 8:16am | Post# 5

You would like to trade all arrow? I wish you good luck...

trieuVhh Oct 11, 2019 9:26am | Post# 6

Based on the ideas from cfudge and the EA developed by JoeeF in cfudge's thread "Thanks Mladen & Mrtools (profitable system with 2 indicators)" this system uses only the FRAMA ribbon indicator(attached) to trade. Clean and simple. It can be set to scalp in ranging conditions and set to ride longer time frames and trends. A request for JoeeF to modify his EA to trade only FRAMA Ribbon. Trade on the ribbon crossover signal. User adjustable Lot Size, TL, SL, Trailing stop, Alerts. Example of Frama H1 time frame on H1 chart. Example of Frama H1 time...
Sorry can u tell more about logic behind this indicator, it look just like two ma crossover

JoeeF Oct 11, 2019 12:29pm | Post# 7

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank you Joe. frama ribbon 1.1.mq4 is attached. I don't have the mq4 source file for the frama ribbon 1.1 (arrows). It was modified by someone else to add the user option to change from dots to arrows. Is it possible to include this change in your code? All the best, John {file}
Output from both indicators seem to be the same. I might to use frama ribbon 1.1 (arrows) for better experiences in strategy tester.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 20 KB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 19 KB

northwind Oct 11, 2019 12:38pm | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Sorry can u tell more about logic behind this indicator, it look just like two ma crossover
Hi TV,
Google search yields:
The FRAMA (Fractal Adaptive Moving Average) is an adaptive moving average that was developed by John Ehlers and attempts to follow significant price moves closely while remaining "flat" during consolidation and price ranges.
An advantage of the FRAMA is that it takes into account that markets are fractal and the FRAMA will dynamically adjust the lookback period based on this fractal geometry.
In short, it's a solid trend-trading indicator which helps analysts filter out consolidation periods and encourages traders to enter during trending markets.
FRAMA g Fractal Adaptive Moving Average.pdf

MoneyZilla Oct 12, 2019 6:27am | Post# 9

To filter the wrong buy signals in a sell movement, you guys can set an offset from both buy and sell signals. Thus, you might end up with at least 50% proper signals filtering and up to 90% totally wrong signals filtering.

I will give you an example. In a sell trend you get 11 sell and 10 buy signals. If you offset both with 30 pips. One cancels the other. Only the real sell ones will do trigger (not all 11 sells, maybe just 5-6 max out of 11) plus 1 or 2 of the fake buy ones (instead of 10 buys, in the example).

This will give you entirely different perspective in trading.

This is just a regular offset of a signal.

There is a far more advanced offset. I call it a smart offset. Once starting with the regular offset, I hope you can figure out the next step in the offset evolution. You just need to practice the standard offset first and maybe, at some point in time, you can see the smart one?

zuluremys Oct 12, 2019 6:40am | Post# 10

Christmas tree

JoeeF Oct 12, 2019 7:25am | Post# 11

To filter the wrong buy signals in a sell movement, you guys can set an offset from both buy and sell signals. Thus, you might end up with at least 50% proper signals filtering and up to 90% totally wrong signals filtering. I will give you an example. In a sell trend you get 11 sell and 10 buy signals. If you offset both with 30 pips. One cancels the other. Only the real sell ones will do trigger (not all 11 sells, maybe just 5-6 max out of 11) plus 1 or 2 of the fake buy ones (instead of 10 buys, in the example). This will give you entirely different...
Thank you for your input. Yes there are a lot of possibilities there. I'm able to implement them. Anyway firstly we need implement and prove basic functionality.
regards

JoeeF Oct 12, 2019 8:03am | Post# 12

2 Attachment(s)
Based on the ideas from cfudge and the EA developed by JoeeF in cfudge's thread "Thanks Mladen & Mrtools (profitable system with 2 indicators)" this system uses only the FRAMA ribbon indicator(attached) to trade. Clean and simple. It can be set to scalp in ranging conditions and set to ride longer time frames and trends. A request for JoeeF to modify his EA to trade only FRAMA Ribbon. Trade on the ribbon crossover signal. User adjustable Lot Size, TL, SL, Trailing stop, Alerts. Example of Frama H1 time frame on H1 chart. Example of Frama H1 time...
{quote} Thank you Joe. frama ribbon 1.1.mq4 is attached. I don't have the mq4 source file for the frama ribbon 1.1 (arrows). It was modified by someone else to add the user option to change from dots to arrows. Is it possible to include this change in your code? All the best, John {file}
Installation:
1) Put indicator (frama ribbon 1.1 (arrows).ex4) in indicators folder: \MQL4\Indicators
2) Put EA (JFFramaRibbon.ex4) in experts folder: \MQL4\Experts
3) Put XML config (JFFramaRibbon.xml) in common files folder: \MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files (If someone isn't able to locate common files folder please look here.)

That's it.

Notes:
1) MT5 version isn't included. I haven't got MT5 version of the indicator.
2) In the next step I'll show how to use EA in strategy tester.

regards
JFFramaRibbon_v1.00_MT4.rar
JFFramaRibbon_v1.00_MT4.zip

JoeeF Oct 12, 2019 8:20am | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} {quote} Installation: 1) Put indicator (frama ribbon 1.1 (arrows).ex4) in indicators folder: \MQL4\Indicators 2) Put EA (JFFramaRibbon.ex4) in experts folder: \MQL4\Experts 3) Put XML config (JFFramaRibbon.xml) in common files folder: \MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files (If someone isn't able to locate common files folder please look here.) That's it. Notes: 1) MT5...
Firstly, we need prove proper functionality of the EA. So we need set the same working period for traded symbol and FramaRibbon period. So we'll be able to check entries/exits visually on the chart. For example H1. We can use only one symbol for now - this is limitation of MT4 strategy tester.
Please see the screenshot of the XML config file.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 83 KB

landorra Oct 12, 2019 8:32am | Post# 14

Is there someone planning for a mq5 version, please?

JoeeF Oct 12, 2019 8:36am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Firstly, we need prove proper functionality of the EA. So we need set the same working period for traded symbol and FramaRibbon period. So we'll be able to check entries/exits visually on the chart. For example H1. We can use only one symbol for now - this is limitation of MT4 strategy tester. Please see the screenshot of the XML config file. {image}
This is the last week.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 56 KB
Trades are properly executed. And we can check them on the chart.

JoeeF Oct 12, 2019 8:43am | Post# 16

4 Attachment(s)
{quote} This is the last week. {image} Trades are properly executed. And we can check them on the chart.
You can check log files:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 33 KB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 26 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image3.png
Size: 78 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image4.png
Size: 78 KB

JoeeF Oct 12, 2019 8:55am | Post# 17

Is there someone planning for a mq5 version, please?
My framework is platform independent. I'm developing only one EA for both MT4 and MT5 terminals. So, I've got MT5 version of the EA.
Missing MT5 indicator is a issue ...
regards

MoneyZilla Oct 12, 2019 9:03am | Post# 18

{quote} Thank you for your input. Yes there are a lot of possibilities there. I'm able to implement them. Anyway firstly we need implement and prove basic functionality. regards

Last post from me here.

Here is a visual example of what i mean.

Those signals in the red squares are being filtered and from a negative pips game on the first image, turns into a strategy with a positive pips game, thanks to the offset. Trading becomes quite different then...

There are various levels of filters. This is just level 1 - the basic level. I strongly recommend you to take this journey...

JoeeF Oct 12, 2019 9:15am | Post# 19

{quote} Last post from me here. Here is a visual example of what i mean. Those signals in the red squares are being filtered and from a negative pips game on the first image, turns into a strategy with a positive pips game, thanks to the offset. Trading becomes quite different then... There are various levels of filters. This is just level 1 - the basic level. I strongly recommend you to take this journey...
Thanks again.
This is John's idea. I've created this EA for him. Maybe he will consider this ...

By the way the larger letters won't put more "power" to your posts ...
regards

northwind Oct 12, 2019 10:13am | Post# 20

5 Attachment(s)
Hi Joe,
Woke up this morning and found a pleasant surprise.
Thank you for the fast implementation. Really impressive.

A few days ago I ran script ForceLoadHistoricalData.
I'm not an expert using Strategy tester.
So, trying to run in strategy tester for 2019 year to last Friday, 2019.01.02 to 2019.10.13.
EA seems to think it is 2019.05.31.
EA in Strategy tester only took trades in June, July and August.

Can anyone show where I went wrong in Strategy Tester?
Click to Enlarge

Size: 80 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image3.png
Size: 44 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image4.png
Size: 9 KB
Name:  Image6.png
Views: 5307
Size:  36 KB