Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   AUD/USD (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=95260)

hathor Oct 26, 2016 4:43am | Post# 99301

My pure technical view: AB=CD and it's extensions {image} Invalid: in case of hurintg point 'C' -> than current AB=CD is invalidated Valid: If AB=CD is valid, than I'll post update about the lower extensions and possible resistances (new levels to short again) As always...time will tell.
AB=CD has been completed, but could not reach its extensions.
Penetrating point C (due to good Aud data -> growing volumen + retailers start to buy again -> give opportunity for heavy sellers to get a bull pair for entry) is/was (?) a good opportunity to short again.

Dark aspect of forex: the australian retailers are going to sleep soon. The easy bears had been erased while bulls are growing....while in Europe the day just started couple of hours ago. A new daily high during EU time would generate buying also in EU time zone (Europe/Africa)...later maybe American continent either -> than the price can descend heavily -> retailers are trapped all around the world.

Time will tell.

ItsAtrap Oct 26, 2016 5:13am | Post# 99302

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone. So, a couple days after I finally got stopped out of my remaining AUD longs at a profit, I re-entered long as the price once again dipped to close to my initial buy levels. And since I remain AUD bullish for the moment, I took the opportunity to buy again. I bought at the close of Monday, after price had dipped a bit below last week's low and then started rising again. My stops are now already at break-even.

Daily chart:
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSD 26Oct2016 long again.jpg
Size: 186 KB

hathor Oct 26, 2016 5:55am | Post# 99303

Hello everyone. So, a couple days after I finally got stopped out of my remaining AUD longs at a profit, I re-entered long as the price once again dipped to close to my initial buy levels. And since I remain AUD bullish for the moment, I took the opportunity to buy again. I bought at the close of Monday, after price had dipped a bit below last weeHi k's low and then started rising again. My stops are now already at break-even. Daily chart: {image}
Hi ItsAtrap!
On my chart (ECN) last week's low (0.75803) is untouched...cause current week's low is 0.75881.
Do you use DD (dealing desk) broker?

PaulDaemon Oct 26, 2016 6:10am | Post# 99304

{quote} Hi ItsAtrap! On my chart (ECN) last week's low (0.75803) is untouched...cause current week's low is 0.75881. Do you use DD (dealing desk) broker?
mine is .75809 and current .75890 ECN

jpcashflow Oct 26, 2016 7:27am | Post# 99305

{quote} mine is .75809 and current .75890 ECN
Sorry guys what is ECCN

PaulDaemon Oct 26, 2016 7:32am | Post# 99306

{quote} Sorry guys what is ECCN
ECN and STP Brokers
Electronic communications network (ECN) and Straight though processing (STP) brokers forward your trades straight through to the interbank market and do not need to hedge (open trades) against your positions. Dealing desk brokers are the ďBad guysĒ so to speak and they can manipulate the price in anyway they like. Typically when you place a trade with a dealing desk broker if you win the trade they loose money.
The dealing desk broker want you to loose. With a STP or ECN they make their money by commissions and spreads so they want you to keep trading. They donít want you to loose money but in the same time they donít care if you win either. They just want you to keep trading because its how they make their money. The dealing desk broker wants you to loose your money as fast as possible because they are at risk if you win.

no allowed to post the link to my blog on here but above is an except from my post just explains it in brief

ItsAtrap Oct 26, 2016 7:48am | Post# 99307

{quote} Hi ItsAtrap! On my chart (ECN) last week's low (0.75803) is untouched...cause current week's low is 0.75881. Do you use DD (dealing desk) broker?
My bad, I meant the previous "day's" low, which is not really a full trading day, just the Sunday East Asian trading. I trade mostly on Oanda and it shows Sunday trading as a separate bar. Not that I pay particular attention to Sunday bars. Even if we do dip below last week's low, I will still be looking for further opportunities to buy AUD if I get the right signal.

If we dipped below the lows of the week of 11 Sept, now that would make me reconsider bullish bias

Monokl Oct 26, 2016 8:26am | Post# 99308

1 Attachment(s)
Scalping downtrend

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDM15.png
Size: 44 KB

4xdad Oct 26, 2016 8:52am | Post# 99309

Short @ 7677. Looking to hit 7666. A break and hold below that and I'll short again looking for 7652.

Fhillip Oct 26, 2016 9:18am | Post# 99310

{quote} I disagree on your "All we have as retail traders are chart patterns" statement. I don't trade chart patterns at all. I only trade high probabilities entries. Don't care much if its a doji, or three ducks in a row.
Interesting how both of you trade.
For me, it's 50% technical analysis, and 50% candlestick pattern. Well, I know that news also important, but I'm not experience on waiting news..

In the end, I think everyone have their own way to trade.

Jfrancis Oct 26, 2016 9:28am | Post# 99311

{quote} I disagree on your "All we have as retail traders are chart patterns" statement. I don't trade chart patterns at all. I only trade high probabilities entries. Don't care much if its a doji, or three ducks in a row.
The ducks strategy is a good one.

Fhillip Oct 26, 2016 9:28am | Post# 99312

1 Attachment(s)
I'm long now, 0.7673 and 0.7679.

First target : 0.7710.
Warning area: 0.7620.
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_20161026_202524_716.jpg
Size: 139 KB

Fhillip Oct 26, 2016 9:30am | Post# 99313

{quote} The ducks strategy is a good one.
3 ducks pattern? Is there any duck strategy? Interesting..

Fhillip Oct 26, 2016 9:33am | Post# 99314

Short @ 7677. Looking to hit 7666. A break and hold below that and I'll short again looking for 7652.
Hi there, interesting how you are short on that number.
What's your analysis for that short action if I may know?

I'm still learning to trade, and I'm long now, so getting another people different perspective is good.

Thanks and hope you successful trade.

Not-KPMG Oct 26, 2016 9:38am | Post# 99315

I'm long now, 0.7673 and 0.7679. First target : 0.7710. Warning area: 0.7620. {image}
Possible but way too risky. 
See - the lame fake attempts from yesterday are gone. Euro now jumped but Aud barely moved.   Yesterday it was exactly the opposite. 
Therefore the Aud movers are......  nowhere.  And shorting it as naivŤ folks buy it.

Trade very safe.  0.7672 now.  
See the SELL button?? 

Fhillip Oct 26, 2016 9:44am | Post# 99316

{quote} Possible but way too risky.¬ See - the lame fake attempts from yesterday are gone. Euro now jumped but Aud barely moved. ¬ Yesterday it was exactly the opposite.¬ Therefore the Aud movers are...... ¬ nowhere. ¬ And shorting it as naiv folks buy it. ¬ Trade very safe. ¬ 0.7672 now. ¬ See the SELL button??¬
Yup, I follow AUD move.
Hiks.. Now 0.7666, red ongoing pips. Hehehe.
Will see where it will go and analyze it more.

Thanks for information Bro.

Fhillip Oct 26, 2016 9:49am | Post# 99317

I'm long now, 0.7673 and 0.7679. First target : 0.7710. Warning area: 0.7620. {image}
Adding more long 0.7664.

Hmmm... Things start to heat up and interesting, I'm against market movement, I might swept away... Theresa Chance it will back down, but I still believe it will goes up. However, I prepare my lock if price going down more.

Monokl Oct 26, 2016 10:03am | Post# 99318

1 Attachment(s)
Almost hit my TP
keep down trend.. almost hit the open day

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDH1.png
Size: 52 KB

hathor Oct 26, 2016 10:24am | Post# 99319

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} AB=CD has been completed, but could not reach its extensions. Penetrating point C (due to good Aus data -> growing volumen + retailers start to buy again -> give opportunity for heavy sellers to get a bull pair for entry) is/was (?) a good opportunity to short again. Dark aspect of forex: the australian retailers are going to sleep soon. The easy bears had been erased while bulls are growing....while in Europe the day just started couple of hours ago. A new daily high during EU time would generate buying...
Hovering at daily open now...for those, who bought TYPO! sold at top, it's time to lock the profit and have a rest.
An other AB=CD is on the map and D point is...
...equal to small AB=CD's 127,2% extension (objective fact)
...flip level on higher time frames (subjective, it's not a fact!)
{quote}...0.756xx is my flip level on higher time frames (Daily,Weekly chart)...

AB=CD
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2016_10_21_AudUsd_H1.png
Size: 33 KB

AB=CD
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2016_10_26_AusUsd_H4.png
Size: 56 KB

4xdad Oct 26, 2016 10:54am | Post# 99320

{quote} Hi there, interesting how you are short on that number. What's your analysis for that short action if I may know? I'm still learning to trade, and I'm long now, so getting another people different perspective is good. Thanks and hope you successful trade.
Hi Fhillip

My charts have nothing but weekly and monthly pivot points and 2 ema's. I look at the 4 hr chart for trend and trade on the 30min.

© Forex Factory