Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Private Island Traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=951319)

detector Sep 29, 2019 2:09pm | Post# 1

An observation from one of the posters

Welcome to the "PIT"

Hello all, I've decided to create a new interactive trading thread, my participation on another thread WTI Crude Oil Trading, was so enjoyable, interacting with some great posters who's analysis was second to non, became overrun with other derivatives being traded, including WTI (oil), that the main topic other posters came to view, was being becoming overcrowded and as we all know, Oil has been headline news over these past months, so in short, if you visit a dedicated thread, you want to see relevant, dedicated information.
We all had an excellent rapport over on the WTI thread, when things were quiet we started posting our "real time live trades" it evolved so much it became nothing short of a free signal service, this was in no way the intention bye the way, but the analysis was so accurate, people pay for this kind of stuff, and we, like many other interactive threads on Forex Factory, offer all the information free.

The intention.
In general, we would be posting our live trades, showing entry and exit points, as quick and best we can, reasons and decisions, charts to accompany if needed, if live trades are not made, perhaps forecasting of trends, pivots, any information that could be of use in your arsenal to trade, it can be about anything that's traded, the more diverse the better

What it's not.
It is not a free signal service, it's not advice and in no way to be followed, anything outside these rules will be at your own risk, we're not here to share out trading techniques,indicators, EA's, unless the're offered up,please don't put someone under pressure to say NO, however you can always ask as to how a conclusion it achieved.

What it is.
It's a thread to vent your thoughts if you want, give the heads up what you are following, we cannot all see opportunities as they happen but someone just might, post your trades, all in the name of education, it may even help others looking for entry's, exits, keeping on the right side when the're about to choose the wrong, a second, third,fourth pair of eyes, analysis way beyond what your own system throws up, make and use it to the best of your ability.

Something to remember
Depending on how well this takes off, any rules may well be added, number one rule is, please moderate yourself, if you think your words may be upsetting then they probably are, I'm a passive individual, I like harmony and camaraderie, if there is no room in the boat, I'll make it, please ask questions if you don't understand, very important, it took me a while to post because of my inexperience, (not that I have much experience now but a better understanding)
Please give credit to posters with a "like" another important thing, if nothing else, for their effort to take the time, it's of their own freewill and it may be of some benefit, if not this post, it could be the next.
Please explain abbreviations, something as simple as SL (stoploss) TP (take profit)

Last but not least
No advice intended, please do your own research, no liability will be held by this thread on any action/information taken from it, (but I think you all know this)

You may well be wondering about the Title,courteous of a supportive friend "Private Island Traders" this is what we all aim to buy and trade from, or a yacht, football club or just whatever takes your fancy.
Good trading all, D (Detector)

Ll1979 Sep 29, 2019 3:37pm | Post# 2

Creat initiative Buddy!

detector Sep 29, 2019 3:40pm | Post# 3

Creat initiative Buddy!
Thanks Li, I can only but plant the seed, it's up to mother nature nowD

detector Sep 29, 2019 3:48pm | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
Been looking at the Dow weekly, seems some crack in the form of selling, according to the pundits, its the time of a rally, could a break in tradition happen, not sure, seems they've got the ace card with the rates, calling what looks like a slow down is it going to pop, probably been said many times but defied gravity, D
Click to Enlarge

Name: Dowweekly.png
Size: 27 KB

detector Sep 29, 2019 4:01pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I would put the WTI daily up, we still cannot fathom the direction, the chart, in tradition would say a bounce but world events have it down, any comments, D
Click to Enlarge

Name: oildaily.png
Size: 33 KB

Ll1979 Sep 29, 2019 4:11pm | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I would put the WTI daily up, we still cannot fathom the direction, the chart, in tradition would say a bounce but world events have it down, any comments, D {image}
Bullish divergence on H4 also makes me believe we will go higher.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190929-220947_MetaTrader 4.jpg
Size: 466 KB

detector Sep 29, 2019 4:14pm | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
Daily gold showing some cracks, suspect it too has jets, D
Click to Enlarge

Name: dailygold.png
Size: 64 KB

detector Sep 29, 2019 4:18pm | Post# 8

{quote} Bullish divergence on H4 also makes me believe we will go higher. {image}
Have to agree certainly on going higher, it only amazes what could be the driving force this time, organic rise with all leading indexes higher and oil being left out, its going to be a tricky one on open, D

detector Sep 29, 2019 4:29pm | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
EUR/USD weekly, carrying on in the same vein, could the next level be 1.02300-0.98700
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurdaily.png
Size: 89 KB

detector Sep 29, 2019 5:21pm | Post# 10

Opened a small short on EUR/USD 1.09398, looking for the continuation, any thoughts,D
EDIT
target 1.08997 possible close near to this
tight stop
EDIT
if it goes in the desired direction and hits target, may well move stop to BE (break even) and run down to the weekly target with a good wind.

detector Sep 29, 2019 6:26pm | Post# 11

Opened small speculative long GBP/USD 1.22944 mental target, D

detector Sep 29, 2019 7:25pm | Post# 12

Open trades are arbitrary, feel the GBP has more to offer, time for bed all, hope you enjoyed the first instalment, speak soon, D

timingchain Sep 29, 2019 7:27pm | Post# 13

I'm glad to see your new thread is up and running.

I started my evening with a Dow short, closed for +32 points (demo).

Looking at some MACDs makes me think this will be a down week for equities, possibly aided by the fun and games in DC, parliament, etc.

detector Sep 29, 2019 7:35pm | Post# 14

I'm glad to see your new thread is up and running. I started my evening with a Dow short, closed for +32 points (demo). Looking at some MACDs makes me think this will be a down week for equities, possibly aided by the fun and games in DC, parliament, etc.
Thanks TC, looking forward to your future analysis, well done on the Dow, it's showing signs, possibly no more than ever but becoming top heavy, Sponge called it last time and boy was I grateful, may well have closed if it wasn't for my trusting nature in an honest post, I'm hoping we can turn the demo trades real, as ever, don't change, D

detector Sep 30, 2019 12:45am | Post# 15

Opened a small short on EUR/USD 1.09398, looking for the continuation, any thoughts,D EDIT target 1.08997 possible close near to this tight stop EDIT if it goes in the desired direction and hits target, may well move stop to BE (break even) and run down to the weekly target with a good wind.
Closed EUR short for small profit, GBP long still open, D

detector Sep 30, 2019 1:09am | Post# 16

Activity on the EU leading to a possible rise rather than continuation, it may well happen later but not taking any chances, happy with some profit at this junction, GU ticking slightly, will monitor for a target, D

detector Sep 30, 2019 1:27am | Post# 17

1.23113 target for GU but looking to choose a second target should it meet the first 1.23670

detector Sep 30, 2019 4:45am | Post# 18

GU moving in the right direction D

detector Sep 30, 2019 4:57am | Post# 19

GU closed, feel the spike is a good time to take profit,D

detector Sep 30, 2019 7:27am | Post# 20

Wasnít a bad choice of exit considering the retrace, seems on lower activity than normal, may challenge the recent high again, will be interesting,D

Ll1979 Sep 30, 2019 8:27am | Post# 21

1 Attachment(s)
Gold pivot/support rejection on H4??
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 41 KB

detector Sep 30, 2019 9:30am | Post# 22

Gold pivot/support rejection on H4?? {image}
Li cannot comment at the mo as Iím away from my system but will ASAP,D

timingchain Sep 30, 2019 10:21am | Post# 23

1 Attachment(s)
Dec gold, still no sign of upturn.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gc_h4_20190930.png
Size: 63 KB

Ll1979 Sep 30, 2019 12:08pm | Post# 24

Inserted Video

detector Sep 30, 2019 3:38pm | Post# 25

Hello Li, late night tonight so not long in,excellent chart analysis bye the way, looks like Gold broke down a little today, looking at you chart I hope you took the short, I turned to the weekly for a little more insight, last time it broke out of the boundaries (2011) it came down with a thud, similar (ish) pattern emerging so as to whether it will repeat is anyone's guess, however, around that time it made some stellar moves before it's demise so are we going to see the same again, a sit on the fence view until developments appear, what's your weekly chart looking like Li, thanks for taking the time D

detector Sep 30, 2019 3:48pm | Post# 26

Just as the UK is strengthening trade ties with the US and we're exiting Europe, makes you think, D

detector Sep 30, 2019 3:53pm | Post# 27

{quote} Dec gold, still no sign of upturn. {image}
TC, Ditto with Li's post, it's trading way way above the 200 MA (moving average) on the weekly, one or the other will have to catch up, excellent post TC, D

detector Sep 30, 2019 4:14pm | Post# 28

Opened a small short on EUR/USD 1.09398, looking for the continuation, any thoughts,D EDIT target 1.08997 possible close near to this tight stop EDIT if it goes in the desired direction and hits target, may well move stop to BE (break even) and run down to the weekly target with a good wind.
Hindsight's a wonderful thing, the short would have made had it been kept but closed early with a small profit, based around being in at an early open, thought it may have been sold down overnight, the London open session can change positions rapidly so closed with something other than a loss, D

detector Sep 30, 2019 4:26pm | Post# 29

Opened small speculative long GBP/USD 1.22944 mental target, D
the decision to hold the GU payed off, looking after the event, closing on the spike was the right action, it did retest the high as I thought with a large wick on the hourly candle, then dropped away, a little bit of luck and a good wind, let's see if we can extend that same luck in our next trades, D

Ll1979 Sep 30, 2019 4:28pm | Post# 30

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hello Li, late night tonight so not long in,excellent chart analysis bye the way, looks like Gold broke down a little today, looking at you chart I hope you took the short, I turned to the weekly for a little more insight, last time it broke out of the boundaries (2011) it came down with a thud, similar (ish) pattern emerging so as to whether it will repeat is anyone's guess, however, around that time it made some stellar moves before it's demise so are we going to see the same again, a sit on the fence view until developments appear, what's...
Didn't take any trade my analysis was wrong i thought gold was going for a reversal on H4 pivot/trendline rejection and candle formed a pinbar.

Gold got support weekly rsi but the chart might indicate a drop towards 1439 ish
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190930-222515_MetaTrader 4.jpg
Size: 534 KB

detector Sep 30, 2019 4:56pm | Post# 31

{quote} Didn't take any trade my analysis was wrong i thought gold was going for a reversal on H4 pivot/trendline rejection and candle formed a pinbar. Gold got support weekly rsi but the chart might indicate a drop towards 1439 ish {image}
Oh I see, I was maybe looking in the wrong place when I checked my chart, can see the bounce on previous candles though, was indecisive on Gold as it was, looking more like a bull trap as it developed, may well have caught many offside.
The weekly developing as did WTI daily, bouncing off the RSI, WTI followed through today closing under, unless there's a mad dash to push it up, it's now not far off my predicted target I posted on the WTI thread, thanks for taking the time Li, as ever, D

timingchain Sep 30, 2019 5:30pm | Post# 32

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Dec gold, still no sign of upturn. {image}
More selling.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gc_h4_20190930.png
Size: 62 KB

detector Sep 30, 2019 7:05pm | Post# 33

{quote} More selling. {image}
TC, other than some activity at the foot of the fall the best is a bounce as I can see, anyone in a position may well just be holding, for me it's a sit out, I am looking to re-enter the GBP/USD, to long, may not be the shrewdest move looking to the upside, 18 days until brexit, enough time to be in and out.

Speculative long, keeping the minimum lot size for any cliff faces that might develop, brexit on the horizon so volatility will be creeping in to an extra degree than normal, will expect the brokers to be sending out memo's
GBP/USD open now 1.22902

detector Sep 30, 2019 7:09pm | Post# 34

Don't forget, I can be wrong, anyone else in the GU, what's your thoughts, is it worthy of a comment, would love to hear, D

Ll1979 Oct 1, 2019 12:56am | Post# 35

Don't forget, I can be wrong, anyone else in the GU, what's your thoughts, is it worthy of a comment, would love to hear, D
many support areas @ H4 (including ma200) so i do see the opportunity.

Ll1979 Oct 1, 2019 1:02am | Post# 36

Inserted Video

helgastrxd Oct 1, 2019 1:34am | Post# 37

Trading in the PIT (Private Island Trading). Love it.

I took the day off today but will be joining in on the fun if youíll have me.

Gold worries me but oil looks like there could be downside opportunity.

detector Oct 1, 2019 1:47am | Post# 38

Trading in the PIT (Private Island Trading). Love it. I took the day off today but will be joining in on the fun if youíll have me. Gold worries me but oil looks like there could be downside opportunity.
Helgastrxd, love the approach, may well alter post 1 and certainly would love your interaction on the thread, make it yours by all means, hope the day brings all your expectations,D

detector Oct 1, 2019 1:48am | Post# 39

Limited time today all, will be looking in, keep it all going guys, D

xobexcevex Oct 1, 2019 1:52am | Post# 40

so are we talking the technical topic or news only?

© Forex Factory