Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Private Island Traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=951319)

detector Oct 7, 2019 2:19pm | Post# 161

Hello all, hope you had a good weekend, looking at EUR/USD,currently on the 1hr a rising support line, as is the 4hr, (4hr meeting resistance on the 200Ma) depending on open, the chart is saying down possibly 1.09150, both 4 and daily below 200Ma while 1hr above, the total death if it falls 1.05000, a rise to possibly 1.10500, what's your thoughts D EDIT My apologies 4hr meeting reistance on the 100Ma 4hr and Daily below 100MA
Sorry I made a hash of my EUR/USD prediction, seems I got mixed up with my 200 & 100 Ma's, anyhow, short now opened 1.09772 D

detector Oct 7, 2019 3:10pm | Post# 162

{quote} Sorry I made a hash of my EUR/USD prediction, seems I got mixed up with my 200 & 100 Ma's, anyhow, short now opened 1.09772 D
Added again same level, D
EDIT
first target 1.09444
If it goes next target 1.08980 may move to BE (break even) and hold

DCstar84 Oct 7, 2019 3:32pm | Post# 163

3 Attachment(s)
Managed to catch a few nice trades today.
EUR USD Short
CAD JPY Long
USD JPY Long
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 145 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 123 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 141 KB

detector Oct 7, 2019 3:51pm | Post# 164

Managed to catch a few nice trades today. EUR USD Short CAD JPY Long USD JPY Long {image} {image} {image}
Excellent DC, nice snatch and grabD

detector Oct 7, 2019 5:16pm | Post# 165

{quote} Added again same level, D EDIT first target 1.09444 If it goes next target 1.08980 may move to BE (break even) and hold
Closed short with a few sheckles, nothing major just think it may rise everso from here before any fall.
Due to other commitments I will be away for a while so will not be posting, I will however be mobile so can look in but no trading, hope the fires can keep burning with some great analysis until I return, so in the meantime, don't talk it, trade it, till then good chess all see you soon, D

C8H18 Oct 7, 2019 6:05pm | Post# 166

{quote} Closed short with a few sheckles, nothing major just think it may rise everso from here before any fall. Due to other commitments I will be away for a while so will not be posting, I will however be mobile so can look in but no trading, hope the fires can keep burning with some great analysis until I return, so in the meantime, don't talk it, trade it, till then good chess all see you soon, D
Amen and safe travels chief!

Thank you for the fine analysis to this point! It's really cool and informative to see how everyone looks for and flows, to where the money and opportunity lie!

I'm learning quite a lot! I for one will personally miss you! Hurry back! (but be safe!)

timingchain Oct 7, 2019 6:23pm | Post# 167

2 Attachment(s)
Dow YM Dec contract, D1
Click to Enlarge

Name: djia_d1_20191007.png
Size: 86 KB

Gold GC Dec contract, H4
Click to Enlarge

Name: gc_h4_20191007.png
Size: 64 KB

detector Oct 7, 2019 6:39pm | Post# 168

{quote} Amen and safe travels chief! Thank you for the fine analysis to this point! It's really cool and informative to see how everyone looks for and flows, to where the money and opportunity lie! I'm learning quite a lot! I for one will personally miss you! Hurry back! (but be safe!)
C8, very kind words, thank you, it's a little bit unfortunate after setting up the thread, I'm hoping a caretaker may take the lead, it would be wrong for me to ask anyone, people are busy and I do understand, however, the thread belongs to the posters, with no pressure, can continue if the wish and hope the do, my work takes me away and many times, short notice is the order of the day, I will be on my mobile but not near my system so no trading, see you all soon Guys & Gals, D

timingchain Oct 7, 2019 6:42pm | Post# 169

Just a couple of quick reminders here:

1. The intrinsic value of fiat money is zero.

2. The intrinsic value of debt, government or private, that cannot be repaid is zero.

EDIT
You might be tested on this in the near future, so be ready.

timingchain Oct 7, 2019 6:44pm | Post# 170

{quote} C8, very kind words, thank you, it's a little bit unfortunate after setting up the thread, I'm hoping a caretaker may take the lead, it would be wrong for me to ask anyone, people are busy and I do understand, however, the thread belongs to the posters, with no pressure, can continue if the wish and hope the do, my work takes me away and many times, short notice is the order of the day, I will be on my mobile but not near my system so no trading, see you all soon Guys & Gals, D
This thread has momentum and good people supporting it.

detector Oct 7, 2019 7:05pm | Post# 171

{quote} This thread has momentum and good people supporting it.
Ditto TC, since meeting you all my confidence has grown in trading, it has certainly been more enjoyable than being "on my own" without ever knowing it, you all probably don't know how you've helped, even if I never traded again, God bless, D

EventsTrader Oct 8, 2019 12:16am | Post# 172

1 Attachment(s)
Since the Iran strikes on Saudi oil fields, crude in my opinion has gotten to the point where it's a little oversold. We've got to at least see a dead cat bounce after the price dropped over $10. I opened a long position at just above the $53 handle and hope to ride it up to $54, possibly $54.50.
Click to Enlarge

Name: SNAG-0013 10-8-2019 12.09.56 AM.png
Size: 21 KB

I realize this position will likely be at the mercy of headlines out of US-China trade talks or possibly inventory data. With API and EIA inventory data coming up, I may take profits ahead, if I have any.

Ll1979 Oct 8, 2019 1:09pm | Post# 173

Inserted Video

detector Oct 8, 2019 4:29pm | Post# 174

Excellent video Li, thanks for posting and keeping the home fires burning, I hear you are poorly Li, hope all is ok and wish you a speedy recovery, I have opened a long on bit coin, my prediction is out the window for getting in lower, I opened at 8223.70 I'm away from home and forgot my glasses, absolute nightmare trying to read the thread, GGRRR !!! speak soon D

timingchain Oct 8, 2019 5:27pm | Post# 175

2 Attachment(s)
Dow YM Dec contract, D1
Click to Enlarge

Name: djia_d1_20191008.png
Size: 86 KB

Gold GC Dec contract, H4
Click to Enlarge

Name: gc_h4_20191008.png
Size: 63 KB

EventsTrader Oct 8, 2019 7:53pm | Post# 176

Since the Iran strikes on Saudi oil fields, crude in my opinion has gotten to the point where it's a little oversold. We've got to at least see a dead cat bounce after the price dropped over $10. I opened a long position at just above the $53 handle and hope to ride it up to $54, possibly $54.50. {image} I realize this position will likely be at the mercy of headlines out of US-China trade talks or possibly inventory data. With API and EIA inventory data coming up, I may take profits ahead, if I have any.
I got stopped out of my crude long position. I had a tight stop, but not as tight as it probably should have been considering the break of $53, should have triggered a higher stop loss. But hindsight is 50/50 and tomorrow is another day.

My thinking is that it was so over extended that any further declines would be limited. I still think there's some upside potential but lesson learned on trying to time it.

I do not think the US and China are coming to any agreements anytime soon either, which is an additional argument to stop looking for long entries here. I'm going to stay on the sidelines now, especially with the EIA inventory data due up in the morning. I'm posting a preview in the High Impact Events Trading... Energy Edition thread. All are welcome to chime in or say hello any time over there. The preview should be posted within the next couple of hours.

Good luck wrangling these markets guys. It's been a roller coaster week so far.

helgastrxd Oct 9, 2019 2:08am | Post# 177

{quote} I sometimes trade the EIA inventory numbers and they are tricky. To give you an example -> bad inventory numbers -> market rises next hour and after a hour takes the corse it should have taken.
I actually experienced something very close to this last time I traded inventories. I ended up closing my trade almost net flat but losing on execution costs.

Maybe I will sit this one out until I can perfect my attack plan. Personal things set me back this week and the data is not far from coming out.

Ll1979 Oct 9, 2019 2:59am | Post# 178

{quote} I actually experienced something very close to this last time I traded inventories. I ended up closing my trade almost net flat but losing on execution costs. Maybe I will sit this one out until I can perfect my attack plan. Personal things set me back this week and the data is not far from coming out.
Hope you are ok! If the inventory numbers stay that choppy don't gamble there are opportunities enough.

Ll1979 Oct 9, 2019 3:01am | Post# 179

Inserted Video

Inserted Video

DCstar84 Oct 9, 2019 4:41am | Post# 180

2 Attachment(s)
Morning, managed to catch GU long from the 618 fib retrace this morning.
Happy with the entry on it too, taken half off at first trouble area and moved stop to b.e to let the rest run
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20191009-092901_MetaTrader 4.jpg
Size: 613 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20191008-222407_MetaTrader 4.jpg
Size: 702 KB

© Forex Factory