Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Private Island Traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=951319)

Ll1979 Dec 6, 2019 10:49am | Post# 721

Ok will be having that little bit break, see you all soon and have a good weekend.
Damn you had a nice trading day! Congrats on achieving your goal

detector Dec 6, 2019 3:02pm | Post# 722

{quote} Damn you had a nice trading day! Congrats on achieving your goal
Hi Li and thank you, keeping my powder dry for the mo, very kind of your post, D

detector Dec 6, 2019 3:04pm | Post# 723

An observation on the Dow, just be cautious it may not be on jets as first thought, price at outer outer boundaries, may make another high form here but not looking as +ve, as always do your own reaserch, D

Ll1979 Dec 6, 2019 3:12pm | Post# 724

{quote} Hi Li and thank you, keeping my powder dry for the mo, very kind of your post, D
169% ytd deserves some compliments

detector Dec 6, 2019 3:36pm | Post# 725

Opened last sell 28018 speculative fall,

detector Dec 6, 2019 4:00pm | Post# 726

Opened last sell 28018 speculative fall,
Last min fall and squeeded a BE by using a trailing stop, index is still searching, good weekend and good chess.

Ef5 Dec 6, 2019 6:42pm | Post# 727

Going to have a little time away again, been a little poorly with man flue, long days not helping, think this will be my last trades, will speak soon all good trading.
Feel better detector!

Ef5 Dec 6, 2019 6:43pm | Post# 728

An observation on the Dow, just be cautious it may not be on jets as first thought, price at outer outer boundaries, may make another high form here but not looking as +ve, as always do your own reaserch, D
Thanks, I'll have to take a look at breadth this weekend. Last I checked the advance/decline line still hadn't made a new high which is bearish.

detector Dec 8, 2019 6:52pm | Post# 729

{quote} Feel better detector!
Ef, 3 times with man flue, should have wings developing now, LOL, thanks for the input, feel where loosing the thread and the reason we are here, bye how I miss the Guy's & Gal's, on a serious one, is the Dow going to make the cut, my minds eye says the US is in change, why not seasonal??? and could this be a first, oh, (sold the Dow @ 28024 for the record) my target of first long could well be "a target" but for the "mo" and election time, we could be short term down

EventsTrader Dec 9, 2019 11:56am | Post# 730

1 Attachment(s)
(sold the Dow @ 28024 for the record)
I've been historically early on calling stock market corrections, but I think it's a big risk staying long equities. The US economy hasn't had a recession in 10 years. It's the longest stretch without a recession in the entire history of the United States. Name:  SNAG-0001 12-9-2019 11.56.31 AM.png
Views: 196
Size:  143 KB

ILovePizza Dec 9, 2019 12:00pm | Post# 731

{quote} I've been historically early on calling stock market corrections, but I think it's a big risk staying long equities. The US economy hasn't had a recession in 10 years. It's the longest stretch without a recession in the entire history of the United States. {image}
Gold has gained plenty though...

detector Dec 9, 2019 12:11pm | Post# 732

{quote} I've been historically early on calling stock market corrections, but I think it's a big risk staying long equities. The US economy hasn't had a recession in 10 years. It's the longest stretch without a recession in the entire history of the United States. {image}
LOL Et, I like it I'm still in the short, I scaled this morning for a profit and left some in to run (small lot size) I did have this hitting further up but the chart was a little indecisive so opened the short on spec,think your not alone with your thoughts, seems gravity is not involved until it's a given, I'm not calling it, just shaking the tree as best I can, having little input on the thread, I'm still feeling the effects and need some rest, sorry I'm not being active, but as always welcome your posts and input, D

detector Dec 9, 2019 12:59pm | Post# 733

Opened a small short on WTI @ 59, speculative, keeping things low key for monitoring, will put a stop in and leave to run, having an early night, good chess all, D

detector Dec 9, 2019 1:14pm | Post# 734

Opened small speculative short EUR/USD 1.10583, again, stop in, see you all later, D

detector Dec 9, 2019 2:24pm | Post# 735

Opened a small short on WTI @ 59, speculative, keeping things low key for monitoring, will put a stop in and leave to run, having an early night, good chess all, D
Added @59.10

detector Dec 9, 2019 3:06pm | Post# 736

Added to short on the Dow 27945, D

detector Dec 9, 2019 3:43pm | Post# 737

Bun fight ??

Ef5 Dec 10, 2019 12:41am | Post# 738

{quote} Ef, 3 times with man flue, should have wings developing now, LOL, thanks for the input, feel where loosing the thread and the reason we are here, bye how I miss the Guy's & Gal's, on a serious one, is the Dow going to make the cut, my minds eye says the US is in change, why not seasonal??? and could this be a first, oh, (sold the Dow @ 28024 for the record) my target of first long could well be "a target" but for the "mo" and election time, we could be short term down
Well, it looks like Santa Claus is hitting the bid again this year. lol

I'm wondering if we may get some weakness going into the new year. This time last year we had a big correction and it has been nearly a year since the low. After a year US citizens can sell and get the long-term capital gains tax rate. Whoever bought at the beginning of 2019 is up a lot and with the markets at all-time highs it might look like a good time to take some off the table.

detector Dec 10, 2019 11:24am | Post# 739

{quote} Added @59.10
WTI,added 59.27

detector Dec 10, 2019 11:27am | Post# 740

{quote} Well, it looks like Santa Claus is hitting the bid again this year. lol I'm wondering if we may get some weakness going into the new year. This time last year we had a big correction and it has been nearly a year since the low. After a year US citizens can sell and get the long-term capital gains tax rate. Whoever bought at the beginning of 2019 is up a lot and with the markets at all-time highs it might look like a good time to take some off the table.
Ef, still in the short, think the rally could be in jeopardy, also with what you say, a big impact, the chart showing all the signs on the daily, could be wrong but still in for the spec,D

© Forex Factory