Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Private Island Traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=951319)

aariapoor Oct 9, 2019 8:28am | Post# 181

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys!

I'm looking for a buy setup on GBPCAD because it's in a very strategic place (no trade setup yet)
And seems GBP is getting ready for a strong up move (against current fundamentals)
I have already bought a small lot on GBPJPY and GBPCAD

What do you think?

GBPCAD Daily:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 87 KB

DCstar84 Oct 9, 2019 8:30am | Post# 182

Hi guy! I'm looking for a buy setup on GBPCAD because it's in a very strategic place And seems GBP is getting ready for a strong up move (against current fundamentals) I have already bought a small lot on GBPJPY and GBPCAD What do you think? GBPCAD Daily: {image}
Looks good to me, what are your targets?

aariapoor Oct 9, 2019 8:33am | Post# 183

1 Attachment(s)
On the other hand, took a sell on EURGBP when it touched the upper line of this expanding flag:

EURGBP 4H:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 55 KB

Ll1979 Oct 9, 2019 8:33am | Post# 184

Hi guy! I'm looking for a buy setup on GBPCAD because it's in a very strategic place And seems GBP is getting ready for a strong up move (against current fundamentals) I have already bought a small lot on GBPJPY and GBPCAD What do you think? GBPCAD Daily: {image}
I don't doubt your charting skills but GBP uncertainty related to brexit makes me nervous and not want to trade it

aariapoor Oct 9, 2019 8:36am | Post# 185

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Looks good to me, what are your targets?
Depends on the move, if it's strong impulse I'll keep it longer
Short term: The previous high Long term: Around 1.70

GBPCAD 4H:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 55 KB

aariapoor Oct 9, 2019 8:38am | Post# 186

{quote} I don't doubt your charting skills but GBP uncertainty related to brexit makes me nervous and not want to trade it
Thanks yeah it's scary for now, this is why I'm taking very small lots
You have to buy it in very low place and put it in break-even ASAP

DCstar84 Oct 9, 2019 8:40am | Post# 187

{quote} I don't doubt your charting skills but GBP uncertainty related to brexit makes me nervous and not want to trade it
I massively agree to this too, mentioned it in a previous reply to someone a while back in here

aariapoor Oct 9, 2019 8:49am | Post# 188

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I massively agree to this too, mentioned it in a previous reply to someone a while back in here
Thanks

Actually forgot to mention other CAD pairs:
If you check them you can see in most of them we can expect a strong move up except USDCAD which indicates USD will be weaker than others soon. Especially on EURCAD which I heavily bought (green lines on the image), there is a nice flag forming just above the line.

Note: considering EURGBP is showing down, and EURCAD is showing up, GBPCAD would be stronger up later on

EURCAD 4H:
Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 200
Size:  28 KB

helgastrxd Oct 9, 2019 9:38am | Post# 189

{quote} Hope you are ok! If the inventory numbers stay that choppy don't gamble there are opportunities enough.
Thanks. Based on the forecast and price action today I think oil will fall on the inventory release.

I’m not getting in the market this time though, haven’t done much due diligence and all the happenings in the Middle East create upward pressure in prices today so there is much risk and much noise.

aariapoor Oct 9, 2019 9:56am | Post# 190

1 Attachment(s)
Bought on the break out of this flag, to the short term target

AUDUSD 4H:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 41 KB

Ll1979 Oct 9, 2019 10:41am | Post# 191

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Excellent video Li, thanks for posting and keeping the home fires burning, I hear you are poorly Li, hope all is ok and wish you a speedy recovery, I have opened a long on bit coin, my prediction is out the window for getting in lower, I opened at 8223.70 I'm away from home and forgot my glasses, absolute nightmare trying to read the thread, GGRRR !!! speak soon D
Seems you were spot on
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 27 KB

detector Oct 9, 2019 12:27pm | Post# 192

{quote} Seems you were spot on {image}
Thanks Li,thought I may have missed it with the gap on open, was off the ball and have been lately, lots of work and to little hours, got home today but away Friday so game on, D

detector Oct 9, 2019 12:31pm | Post# 193

Wow, some great posts, charts and analysis going onD

detector Oct 9, 2019 3:54pm | Post# 194

Since the Iran strikes on Saudi oil fields, crude in my opinion has gotten to the point where it's a little oversold. We've got to at least see a dead cat bounce after the price dropped over $10. I opened a long position at just above the $53 handle and hope to ride it up to $54, possibly $54.50. {image} I realize this position will likely be at the mercy of headlines out of US-China trade talks or possibly inventory data. With API and EIA inventory data coming up, I may take profits ahead, if I have any.
ET, some great points but who would have thought Turkey in the equation, another gamechanger for oil, throws all the organic movements out the window, another news driven rise? D

detector Oct 9, 2019 4:27pm | Post# 195

Bit coin chart showing little activity in the way of selling, not something I'm taking for granted as it's so wild, just hope this is the calm before the bunfight, while gold is a safe haven for turmoil, pundits are putting crypto's in there too, how and why is beyond me, maybe someone who has a little more insight could explain, this was my only reason for getting involved, my entry point was a little sketchy, was looking for a drop but took the dive after missing the gap on open, it still may well nosedive, not sure, any comments welcomed, D

timingchain Oct 9, 2019 5:16pm | Post# 196

2 Attachment(s)
Dow YM Dec contract, D1
Click to Enlarge

Name: djia_d1_20191009.png
Size: 86 KB

Gold GC Dec contract, H4
Click to Enlarge

Name: gc_h4_20191009.png
Size: 62 KB

DCstar84 Oct 9, 2019 5:52pm | Post# 197

Detector
You only trading btc or are you interested in other crypto charts too? Just been looking at ONT and BQX charts.
Made an absolute killing on link too!! Over 700% up on it now

Fader123 Oct 9, 2019 5:58pm | Post# 198

On an intraday basis - USDCAD looked a decent buy into US session

a) Powell had been bullish on US economy

b) Oil - loads of bearish oil stories (ie- S Arabia confirmed full production from November, Ecuador leaving OPEC etc...

c) US- China talks going poorly (CAD is a commodity currency)

d) Going into US session UC was at a low

detector Oct 9, 2019 6:11pm | Post# 199

Detector You only trading btc or are you interested in other crypto charts too? Just been looking at ONT and BQX charts. Made an absolute killing on link too!! Over 700% up on it now
DC, yes all, with opportunity taking or about to happen, will do harm, the only problem I have is limited ability, currently have bit coin/majors but hey, if we get it right nothing stopping finding a broker to trade through, so yeah DC, bring it on, some great posts on the thread too, sorry I haven't commented, (will scan the board when I get more time) only home for two days then away, will not forget my glasses this time, oh and 700%, you're nailing it my friend, excellent, keep it upD

detector Oct 9, 2019 6:26pm | Post# 200

On an intraday basis - USDCAD looked a decent buy into US session a) Powell had been bullish on US economy b) Oil - loads of bearish oil stories (ie- S Arabia confirmed full production from November, Ecuador leaving OPEC etc... c) US- China talks going poorly (CAD is a commodity currency) d) Going into US session UC was at a low
Fader, hope you were involved, bit of a stellar rise, if it carries on in the same vein, 1.34000 next target according to the chart, I'm laughing as I type, was expecting WTI to rise and dropping like a stone, just another buying opp though, D

© Forex Factory