Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Thanks Mladen & Mrtools (profitable system with 2 indicators) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=950665)

Ramana Oct 3, 2019 11:37pm | Post# 161

Here is the link to the last EA version... I would like to keep all the discussion here now so we don't clutter the other thread. https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...12538197#reply
Hi, It shows "
2019.10.04 09:02:04.323 Expert JFFRST XAUUSD,Daily: removed"

zer2008 Oct 4, 2019 12:20am | Post# 162

Refer I use TF 4H for trading, I have to use MTF at "Day" right? when the Dot is appear, I can open order or I need to wait the Day is ending.

JoeeF Oct 4, 2019 1:13am | Post# 163

{quote} Hi, It shows " 2019.10.04 09:02:04.323 Expert JFFRST XAUUSD,Daily: removed"
Please look at this post and provide your log file.
You've got bad configuration.
regards

olisavictor Oct 4, 2019 6:12am | Post# 164

I have gone through the thread from page one, and have critically examined all different configuration posted for different time frames. I discovered that 4 HOUR work for me better,. using all settings at default.So far iv'e used it to confirm my entries and they appear alright, i'm still test running the system and will post all my observation.

cfudge Oct 4, 2019 9:05am | Post# 165

Refer I use TF 4H for trading, I have to use MTF at "Day" right? when the Dot is appear, I can open order or I need to wait the Day is ending.
This is true for the frama ribbon, yes take the trade as soon as you see the dot. The xsupertrend is set to current TF but is configured to mirror daily.

birpinar Oct 4, 2019 12:57pm | Post# 166

Hello cfudge,

Do you have a trade explorer to analyse the results of your trades? Do not get me wrong, I beleive the system can be successful, at least when the market is in a specific condition. My purpose is to check the results for the Money management purposes. Of course, seeing your success with the system would be so nice as well.

Thanks

Hüseyin.

mrtools Oct 4, 2019 1:45pm | Post# 167

1 Attachment(s)
Noticed on the super trend candles there was a problem with the auto candle width, that should be fixed in this version.
xSuperTrend - candles (mtf).ex4

cfudge Oct 4, 2019 2:34pm | Post# 168

Noticed on the super trend candles there was a problem with the auto candle width, that should be fixed in this version. {file}
Brilliant...I noticed this too but didn't want to bug you..so thank you.

Chris

birdogent Oct 4, 2019 2:47pm | Post# 169

Hi. I am new to this thread and just read the entire thing last night. I traded it today in my futures account, trading oil, gold, and a few currencies on the 15M timeframe and the indicator set to look at H1. I didn't follow the rules of waiting until I was supposed to exit but got out quickly with profits. I made $470 in closed profits today, so I am very happy and thankful. I had a few losses and a few wins and I trailed the stop tight. That is a bad habit of mine. But I have a question. At 1:00 PM EST today I got a blue dot in NQ. (Tech Index) I had learned that a dot can disappear while the candle is still open and you should wait to enter on the candle after the dot to make sure it stays there. But it didn't stay there. At 1:45 the price began to decline and the dot underneath the 1:00 PM candle disappeared. It placed a new buy dot under the 2 PM candle and it is still there and the trade is in profit.

So my only concern is looking back on the charts to test it, is it really real? Because the trades look almost too good to be true. I semi trust this system, but I worry if I will get a lot of false entries with it. Did I just get incredibly lucky today?

How will an EA work if it replots the past?

Thank you for this thread and what you have posted. I just want to know I can trust the signals because they look amazing, and even the dot that got erased and replotted was not a problem. In fact the entry on the now erased dot was better than the 2nd dot that appears to be now locked in place.

cfudge Oct 4, 2019 3:17pm | Post# 170

Hi. I am new to this thread and just read the entire thing last night. I traded it today in my futures account, trading oil, gold, and a few currencies on the 15M timeframe and the indicator set to look at H1. I didn't follow the rules of waiting until I was supposed to exit but got out quickly with profits. I made $470 in closed profits today, so I am very happy and thankful. I had a few losses and a few wins and I trailed the stop tight. That is a bad habit of mine. But I have a question. At 1:00 PM EST today I got a blue dot in NQ. (Tech Index)...
We/I am trading when the dot shows up, if it disappears I live with the decision. This is only a situation if you have "Interpolate in MTF" set to true.

If it is set to false all dots will be permanent but will require the higher TF candle to complete.

Chris

cfudge Oct 4, 2019 3:20pm | Post# 171

Hello cfudge, Do you have a trade explorer to analyse the results of your trades? Do not get me wrong, I beleive the system can be successful, at least when the market is in a specific condition. My purpose is to check the results for the Money management purposes. Of course, seeing your success with the system would be so nice as well. Thanks Hüseyin.
I do not have an explorer, but I will be posting results.

DrDave Oct 4, 2019 3:45pm | Post# 172

{quote} We/I am trading when the dot shows up, if it disappears I live with the decision. This is only a situation if you have "Interpolate in MTF" set to true. If it is set to false all dots will be permanent but will require the higher TF candle to complete. Chris
I don't see why anyone would consider the dot disappearing as anything strange when it is placed at the open of the bar, because it is changeable until the bar closes, just like other attributes of the bar such as the high, low, and close.

birpinar Oct 4, 2019 4:40pm | Post# 173

{quote} I do not have an explorer, but I will be posting results.
Thank you my friend.

JoeeF Oct 4, 2019 4:58pm | Post# 174

How will an EA work if it replots the past?
The EA is evaluating information at each bar open. At that time are made trading decisions. Yes, if indicator is repainted it might be issue to check entries later.
regards

cfudge Oct 4, 2019 5:00pm | Post# 175

1 Attachment(s)
Results for Sept 30 to Oct 4 2019

Going to take some time to see conclusive results due to TFs used. I believe I have shown proof of concept.

I am going to try and get the charts for lower TFs figured out. I will require the EA for this and I do not understand the EA that JoeeF has provided, It does not make sense to me, right now, Can anyone show how to install it and show it running on the tester or a chart please.

In fairness to JoeeF...I have not downloaded it yet.

Chris
Click to Enlarge

Name: Frama sept 30 to Oct 4 2019.jpg
Size: 255 KB

JoeeF Oct 4, 2019 5:20pm | Post# 176

Results for Sept 30 to Oct 4 2019 Going to take some time to see conclusive results due to TFs used. I believe I have shown proof of concept. I am going to try and get the charts for lower TFs figured out. I will require the EA for this and I do not understand the EA that JoeeF has provided, It does not make sense to me, right now, Can anyone show how to install it and show it running on the tester or a chart please. In fairness to JoeeF...I have not downloaded it yet. Chris {image}
You have not downloaded it. Anyway you know it doesn't make sense. Hm...

There is a lot of information about this EA there:
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...9#post12536419
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post12537482
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post12537512
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...7#post12537767
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...6#post12537776
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...7#post12538197
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...9#post12539829

Take care,
Joe

Emperor001 Oct 4, 2019 8:09pm | Post# 177

can please explain the entry rule, i dont get how to use the lines. please answer this

cfudge Oct 4, 2019 11:15pm | Post# 178

Hi JoeeF
Sorry to sound rude...I only meant I do not understand how to install the EA. It seems complicated for Me.

I was expecting an EA to place in the experts folder and put on a chart with my settings and away we go. If this is how it does work then excuse my ignorance.

northwind Oct 5, 2019 12:37am | Post# 179

1 Attachment(s)
Hi JoeeF Sorry to sound rude...I only meant I do not understand how to install the EA. It seems complicated for Me. I was expecting an EA to place in the experts folder and put on a chart with my settings and away we go. If this is how it does work then excuse my ignorance.
Hi cfudge,
I'll try to explain.
1. download .zip or .rar compressed file and save in MT4 Indicators folder.

2. extract contents of whichever compressed file. Then 4 files will be in JFFRST_v1.02_MT4 folder.
frama ribbon 1.1.ex4 . . . . . . . . . . .this is the FRAMA indicator - copy to MQL4/INDICATORS
JFFRST.ex4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .this is the EA - copy to MQL4/EXPERTS
JFFRST.xml . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .this is the configuration file. edit with NotePad.
xSuperTrend candles (mtf).ex4 . . . this is the xSUPERTREND indicator - copy to MQL4/INDICATORS

3. Open JFFRST.xml in Notepad and edit the highlighted items (see screenshot below).
THE OTHER STUFF IN THE XML FILE IS FOR HOUSEKEEPING AND PLACE HOLDERS
This xml file is instead of separate ".set files" for the indicators and EA.
Brilliant idea to make it portable to use in multiple applications and in MT4 and MT5.
If you want EA to run on multiple pairs add more lines (copy & paste) like the AUDNZD line in STRATEGY_EVENT_NEW_BAR in the top section.
For example:
<STRATEGY_EVENT_NEW_BAR>
<StrategySymbol>EURUSD</StrategySymbol><StrategyPeriod>PERIOD_M15</StrategyPeriod>
<StrategySymbol>USDJPY</StrategySymbol><StrategyPeriod>PERIOD_M15</StrategyPeriod>
<StrategySymbol>GBPUSD</StrategySymbol><StrategyPeriod>PERIOD_M15</StrategyPeriod>
<StrategySymbol>USDCAD</StrategySymbol><StrategyPeriod>PERIOD_M15</StrategyPeriod>
<StrategySymbol>AUDUSD</StrategySymbol><StrategyPeriod>PERIOD_M15</StrategyPeriod>
<StrategySymbol>EURGBP</StrategySymbol><StrategyPeriod>PERIOD_M15</StrategyPeriod>
<StrategySymbol>EURJPY</StrategySymbol><StrategyPeriod>PERIOD_M15</StrategyPeriod>
</STRATEGY_EVENT_NEW_BAR>
Save your changes.

4. Copy JFFRST.xml to ..../AppData/Roaming/MetaQuotes/Terminal/Common/Files

5. Load EA, JFFRST.ex4, on one chart, (your settings are already in .xml) and away we go!
Don't forget to Allow DLLs and Allow Live Trading.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 266 KB

JoeeF Oct 5, 2019 2:25am | Post# 180

{quote} Hi cfudge, I'll try to explain. 1. download .zip or .rar compressed file and save in MT4 Indicators folder. 2. extract contents of whichever compressed file. Then 4 files will be in JFFRST_v1.02_MT4 folder. frama ribbon 1.1.ex4 . . . . . . . . . . .this is the FRAMA indicator - copy to MQL4/INDICATORS JFFRST.ex4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .this is the EA - copy to MQL4/EXPERTS JFFRST.xml . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .this is the configuration file. edit with NotePad. xSuperTrend candles (mtf).ex4 . . . this is the xSUPERTREND...
Hello John,
Exactly. Thank you for your effort. I really appreciate it.

It isn't so tough:
1) Put indicators in indicators folder: \MQL4\Indicators
2) Put EA in experts folder: \MQL4\Experts
3) Put XML config in common files folder: \MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files (If someone isn't able to locate common files folder please look here.)

For quick start change in XML config only:
1) Input requested symbol/symbols - You can trade as many symbols as you want.
2) Edit periods of indicators

That's all. Two minutes.

It's fully configurable system. Do you need trailing stop for your trades? Simply uncomment <SimpleTrailingStop> tag in your XML. Do you want restrict trading only for US session? Simply configure this in <STRATEGY_STATES> tag. Etc. Etc ...

Last notes:
1) In MT4 strategy tester you can test only one symbol. This is limitation of the MT4 not mine. So, in this case put only one symbol to your XML config.
2) For editing of XML file try use better tool than Notepad. For example Notepad++. It'll be highlighting syntax, ...

regards

© Forex Factory