Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   has anyone EVER seen a successful trader/trading system? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=948113)

Hutch Feb 24, 2020 5:31am | Post# 1301

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} i can beat the sp500. but only in series. but overall, yes.
You might try the FTSE because the ATR is more than double that of the S&P500 so you have better opportunities to trade.
Name:  S&P500.png
Views: 807
Size:  4 KB
Name:  FTSE.png
Views: 802
Size:  4 KB

zuluremys Mar 9, 2020 5:29pm | Post# 1302

People a greedy that's there nature. No one shares there holy grail, I would suggest you stop looking and start studying charts your yourself soon or later you ll see it. When when you notice that simple thing you ll wonder why you didn't see it all this long.

Rennaissance Mar 9, 2020 5:54pm | Post# 1303

People a greedy that's there nature. No one shares there holy grail, I would suggest you stop looking and start studying charts your yourself soon or later you ll see it. When when you notice that simple thing you ll wonder why you didn't see it all this long.
People don't share because, the more people know about it the less effective it is. It took me sure a long ass time to understand what was going on. I am not throwing all that away by sharing my methodology.

viptrading Mar 9, 2020 5:58pm | Post# 1304

Markets are like life itself, and therefore they cannot be predicted with 100% accuracy. The market moves based on mainly human decision making. If you can understand that then you will understand that trying to quantify such a thing by analyzing charts and past data is essentially useless. You may be able to find some anomaly but overtime the markets change, and you will find yourself having to go back and think of something new, or change your technical strategy entirely. This is why there is no holy grail. No one trades exactly the same just like no one person is the same in nature.

You can make money trading if you approach the market with fresh eyes each time you analyze, open and manage a trade. You can try and make your approach as mechanical as possible, you can have a routine just like making up your bed in the morning or eating the same meal for breakfast, but in the end, nothing is guaranteed and every trade is different just like every day of your life.

Rennaissance Mar 9, 2020 6:09pm | Post# 1305

Markets are like life itself, and therefore they cannot be predicted with 100% accuracy. The market moves based on mainly human decision making. If you can understand that then you will understand that trying to quantify such a thing by analyzing charts and past data is essentially useless. You may be able to find some anomaly but overtime the markets change, and you will find yourself having to go back and think of something new, or change your technical strategy entirely. This is why there is no holy grail. No one trades exactly the same just...
I don't think your methodology should change. But your system should not be mechanical. If it is, it wont work consistently. All mechanical systems are either market-fit or curve-fit. From my experience the valuable patterns are visual.

viptrading Mar 9, 2020 6:13pm | Post# 1306

{quote} I don't think your methodology should change. But your system should not be mechanical. If it is, it wont work consistently. All mechanical systems are either market-fit or curve-fit. From my experience the valuable patterns are visual.
Exactly. It is best to be flexible. A lot of missed opportunities happen if you have to many mechanical rules. Understanding which markets are hot at the moment, and trading those with volatility will give you the best results. Some traders stick to trading only a few pairs that they like, but you will make the most returns when you are flexible and can see opportunity in every market.

auricforecas Mar 9, 2020 6:14pm | Post# 1307

Guys what are your thoughts about this thread? https://www.metalsmine.com/showthrea...7#post12795907
I haven't been able to analyse myself but some traders claim the people make crazy money with gold trading.
What do you think? Would really like your opinion (before I get into it, if possible)

zuluremys Mar 9, 2020 7:37pm | Post# 1308

{quote} People don't share because, the more people know about it the less effective it is. It took me sure a long ass time to understand what was going on. I am not throwing all that away by sharing my methodology.
Your right the less people know the more effective the strategy will perform..

zuluremys Mar 9, 2020 7:44pm | Post# 1309

Guys what are your thoughts about this thread? https://www.metalsmine.com/showthrea...7#post12795907 I haven't been able to analyse myself but some traders claim the people make crazy money with gold trading. What do you think? Would really like your opinion (before I get into it, if possible)
Aussi's thread, I believe Aussi has his own trading ways. But mostly the guy knows what he's doing. I have been watching him for some time but couldn't really figure out how he does it

Hutch Mar 10, 2020 5:08pm | Post# 1310

2 Attachment(s)
Quoting Rennaissance
{quote} People don't share because, the more people know about it the less effective it is. It took me sure a long ass time to understand what was going on. I am not throwing all that away by sharing my methodology.

{quote} Your right the less people know the more effective the strategy will perform..
According to financefeeds research, there are currently 1,231 MT 4 forex brokers in the world and there a probably about the same number that use other platforms; and, according to brokernote, there are 9.6 million forex traders. The charts below shows the distribution of the 9.6 million traders in the world and in Europe.So imo, there is no way that sharing the thousands of strategies that exist can render them less effective. I use a few strategies and freely shared them on FF and I never experienced a loss of effectiveness using them. After all FF is a place to share strategies and help traders
Click to Enlarge

Name: Traders.png
Size: 125 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Traders in Europe.jpg
Size: 34 KB

1 in 1 out Mar 10, 2020 5:49pm | Post# 1311

DailyPriceAction.com posts on FF regularly with potential trades based on his strategy.
Anyone care to comment on it's effectiveness.

Constantino Mar 20, 2020 7:23pm | Post# 1312

1. You NEED mentorship to identify your blind spots

2. You are a computer nerd hence I doubt you team up with humans IRL often enough. Hence you trade alone. Hence mistakes happen all the time without someone to identify that to you. Blind spots - psychological scotoma. Money is a team sport. Takes us back to step 1.

3. Join paid online academies. He who pays, pays attention. Also, the cover charge will filter out the dumb loser dummies suffering from Danny Krueger effect who are the least competent to comment online about trading yet comment the most.

4. Make sure you dont suffer from the Trading Cycle of Doom

5. Read the 10K Gabmle Journey on baby pips forum

Mingary Mar 21, 2020 2:13am | Post# 1313

Quoting Rennaissance {quote} People don't share because, the more people know about it the less effective it is. It took me sure a long ass time to understand what was going on. I am not throwing all that away by sharing my methodology. {quote} According to financefeeds research, there are currently 1,231 MT 4 forex brokers in the world and there a probably about the same number that use other platforms; and, according to brokernote, there are 9.6 million forex traders....
Just wondering why you post this information when you know this is incorrect ?

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post12810092

Hutch Mar 21, 2020 9:44am | Post# 1314

{quote} Just wondering why you post this information when you know this is incorrect ? https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post12810092
It's easy for anyone to say the information is incorrect but I'm not wrong to trust financefeeds research instead of the data that you posted that was 6 years old
Of course we all know that even if the data was 100% correct at the date of publication it's not necessarily correct a month later

Constantino Mar 21, 2020 11:30am | Post# 1315

{quote} As I said. even with reputable brokers ppl will still think you are showing fake results. it's hard to prove anything unless you show the actual trades with a sl and a tp, or explain your strategy so that people can test it themselves.
bro post your results already and if we are to bash you then handle it like a man and ignore us

Constantino Mar 21, 2020 11:44am | Post# 1316

{quote} It may be fun to share some results with fellow traders... but then you realize it's a waste of time and energy, just plain stressful.
omg with you .... losing faith in humanity.... if you find this stressful then you need to reexamine your daily routines, the quality of life you live, the quality of environment you find yourself in, the quality of your associates URGENTLY

Constantino Mar 21, 2020 11:50am | Post# 1317

There´s some people making big money day trading, best I know averages a million a week, he works 12 hours a day. My advice,go for the higher time frames, dayly, even 4 hour is a problem
Totally agree with you my guy

Constantino Mar 21, 2020 3:54pm | Post# 1318

In my personal perspective, it's an ongoing battle within yourself. You mature over the years and see the market differently, yet the game remains the same. We make trades instinctively and tend to have emotions over the decisions we make. We tend to look for clues and try to envision the market... Over time you adjust yourself with the trade lots, you actually withdraw profits, yet lose some more. Deep thoughts go through your mind and the battle begins. Are we hooked? Is this really a ''gig'' we can accomplish? - The answer is simple yet uncontrollable...
interesting! What's your strategy for doing this reverse trend and breakout trading?

MrBullBear Mar 21, 2020 4:52pm | Post# 1319

Markets are like life itself, and therefore they cannot be predicted with 100% accuracy. The market moves based on mainly human decision making. If you can understand that then you will understand that trying to quantify such a thing by analyzing charts and past data is essentially useless. You may be able to find some anomaly but overtime the markets change, and you will find yourself having to go back and think of something new, or change your technical strategy entirely. This is why there is no holy grail. No one trades exactly the same just...
I agreed with most of what you said except for, "analyzing charts and past data is useless". It is very useful in a way that it guides us in the direction/on going trend. Although it doesn't tell, but it gives us a clue. Like human history, it helps and guide us towards the future.

Understanding market and its behavior will give us better perspective in trading it. It clears obstructing obstacles that clouding our analysation that helps us in our decisions.

I hope I don't sound argumentative. Just sharing my understanding just like you. Stay safe, sanitized and keep winning!

Constantino Mar 21, 2020 5:10pm | Post# 1320

Good morning... I wouldn't hold out for a "trading system" that works consistently and I definitely wouldn't hand over any money on a regular basis to sign up with someone offering to teach you how to be a successful trader. There is plenty to learn that you can get for free online or learn from books. Once you've filtered out most of what you don't want to use find a simple strategy that you can stick to. It can literally be based on trading from support and resistance (nothing else) if you want. Risk to reward ratio is also critical, 1:2 minimum,...
Hence, ergo, therefore you're still poor

© Forex Factory