Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   has anyone EVER seen a successful trader/trading system? (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/948113-has-anyone-ever-seen-a-successful-tradertrading-system)

reeleer Sep 22, 2019 7:29am | Post# 281

{quote} What percentage of your account do you put at risk in each trade?
He never uses a stop loss^^ btw in his condition i probably would trade the same risk

josephcom Sep 22, 2019 7:33am | Post# 282

{quote} He never uses a stop loss^^ btw in his condition i probably would trade the same risk
Perfect! Next question: what if the chart goes against him forever?

Aussi Sep 22, 2019 7:39am | Post# 283

{quote} What percentage of your account do you put at risk in each trade?
most of my trades are over in a few hours and risk free , some are over in 30 seconds and risk free most trades were $1.00 lot trades and now i trade $5.00 lots the account is in 7 figs so its not the same , i do not define risk when i trade anymore , now overall i have a 23k in trades at the moment depending on mondays open

reeleer Sep 22, 2019 7:40am | Post# 284

{quote} Perfect! Next question: what if the chart goes against him forever?
Ask him maybe then he buys/sell dips with marty on important lines. The question should be rather how long can you keep it up

Aussi Sep 22, 2019 7:45am | Post# 285

{quote} He never uses a stop loss^^ btw in his condition i probably would trade the same risk
nothing to lose mate

reeleer Sep 22, 2019 7:47am | Post# 286

{quote} nothing to lose mate
The future is now!

Aussi Sep 22, 2019 7:49am | Post# 287

{quote} Ask him maybe then he buys/sell dips with marty on important lines. The question should be rather how long can you keep it up
i do buy and sell dips and enter a few times to get the cash i do not trade to many pairs i am able to watch candles green and red

StopHunt Sep 22, 2019 7:51am | Post# 288

Yes i have,,mostly from high frequency trade,,,they track the institution and trade with it...very success

Aussi Sep 22, 2019 7:53am | Post# 289

{quote} The future is now!
as you get older you know you are not invincible anymore i like it when i open my eyes mate when i wake up those bloody ambulances are very uncomfortable

Aussi Sep 22, 2019 7:54am | Post# 290

{quote} Perfect! Next question: what if the chart goes against him forever?
you cull the trade

reeleer Sep 22, 2019 8:03am | Post# 291

{quote} you cull the trade
hm, so you close the trade when it goes maybe 10-20 pips against, and if it goes in the right direction you buy/sell with high frequency but close the trades immediatly to say it simply. overall, few trades can maybe go on... other options wouldn't be reasonable in the long run

v2vboni Sep 22, 2019 8:03am | Post# 292

{quote} Its always a pity most traders understand how the market works when the grey hair takes over. Personally, I am more interested in traveling the world while trading out of a laptop than trying to get a job at a Equity Firm...
Nice trading life... RickM!

I worked outside my home country for years... then went back to my homeland and work once again (supporting Obama Care Systems ─ remotely) but I resigned after 3 weeks due to heavy traffic as I was driving an average of 4.5 hours each working day wherein in normal traffic or without nuances it could take less than 45 minutes. ─That was 4 years ago when I started trading Forex full time... But not traveling outside the country, just around the country only... as a local tourist most of the time
; )─ ..forgot I did went to HK & Singapore in-between (it seems local to me as I saw my fellow countrymen a lot there too) ; )─ lol

Aussi Sep 22, 2019 8:06am | Post# 293

good night all , i am sure i have given so ammo for the turkeys to gobble on , watch gold on open could be interesting or a fizzer catch you all tomorrow morning

avibe Sep 22, 2019 8:07am | Post# 294

it takes on average 5-10 years to be consistenly profitable in this racket

success and progress comes in stages..

no need to bitch and moan ...leave that for the strippers in ATL

You have to pay the ferking price...

Most dont have the mental and emotional fortidue and persearvance to see this thru

The forex grave yard is full of broken down traders who gave up too soon and low pain threshold..

If you are not willing to pay with time and money... please never touch trading

Forget you ever knew anything about trading...and leave your peaceful life...

For those who are willing to punch thru the pain... I assure you... Glory awaits you but know ...you will get to the other side...a broken man ..glorious non the less

Aussi Sep 22, 2019 8:10am | Post# 295

{quote} hm, so you close the trade when it goes maybe 10-20 pips against, and if it goes in the right direction you buy/sell with high frequency but close the trades immediatly to say it simply. overall, few trades can maybe go on... other options wouldn't be reasonable in the long run
i understand what you are saying i had 5 trades go against me and i culled them this month i have had 100,s and hundreds of trades not to bad for a beginner

reeleer Sep 22, 2019 8:27am | Post# 296

it takes on average 5-10 years to be consistenly profitable in this racket success and progress comes in stages.. no need to bitch and moan ...leave...
Totally with it. Plus you could fit the greed rather then eliminante it. Maybe that will happen after those 5-10 years

Blaxst3r Sep 22, 2019 2:09pm | Post# 297

**STUDY THE OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE OF THE HIGHER TFS.** Also stop searching for systems, strategies, and indicators learn price action and there you go. The same HIGH PROBABILITY setups happen every day, week, month throughout all pairs. There's your tips do what you want with them. Good Luck.

josephcom Sep 22, 2019 4:19pm | Post# 298

**STUDY THE OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE OF THE HIGHER TFS.** Also stop searching for systems, strategies, and indicators learn price action and there you go. The same HIGH PROBABILITY setups happen every day, week, month throughout all pairs. There's your tips do what you want with them. Good Luck.
Seems like somebody's talking about pivots...

asgcorp Sep 22, 2019 4:22pm | Post# 299

1 Attachment(s)
Here's some interesting stats. Fail rate increases over time.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 171 KB

GEfx Sep 22, 2019 4:32pm | Post# 300

{quote} You spent three whole years looking for a successful strategy? If, before you spent 3 years looking for a successful strategy, someone had told you that you needed to spend eight to ten years learning about all things related to the forex before you'd be qualified to begin your search, would you have still tried? Is it possible, even likely, that you're not qualified to evaluate any strategies, because you dont have the skills to evaluate them? Isn't it true that you spent three years proving that you dont know enough to make any strategy...
Based on the last 3 pages of this thread, this might be a good spot to add a bit to my first post.

First, most retail forex traders fail because they lack the competencies required to successfully trade, just like they lack the competencies to be a successful brain surgeon, nuclear engineer, and NBA basketball player. Most people who read this post lack success at nearly everything they've tried in life, but most also have found success at something in life that does not require any great insight or unique set of skills, largely because they lack insight and uniqueness. Successful forex trading requires both. And the problem most unsuccessful traders have is, they haven't sought insight nor acquired skills. They believe it is possible to turn trading into a kind of video game.

Second, there are plenty of successful retail forex traders. I know dozens of them who participate in a trading group in which I belong. Everyone in the group possesses insight and skills. You arent invited to join the group if you lack both. Fyi -- no one in the group believes the market is random, even though the market sometimes plays random.

Finally, when you talk about trading performance, consider win rates and percentage returns to be minor metrics. The primary metric is strategic execution, which measures both your insight and skills. If you dont understand that, figure it out. If you cant figure it out, you are better suited to be a salesperson or barista. Good luck.

© Forex Factory