Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/49-trading-journals)
-   -   MY PASR journey Based on Strat's PASR Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/947627-my-pasr-journey-based-on-strats-pasr)

Fxtesla Sep 13, 2019 12:51pm | Post# 21

You more trade manual our use EA ?

BeyondTheSea Sep 13, 2019 2:46pm | Post# 22

All the very best with your thread and trading, Suranga

MikuSS Sep 14, 2019 1:09am | Post# 23

{quote} Yes I did , But.. now after seing Strats reply.... second thoughts..however I will let it play out so that I can learn the lesson properly. BTW my NZDCAD trade looks *&$#@.. I should have waited daily price action candle. Now I have the option to close it with little loss. But If I close it now then I would not learn the lesson. Will allow to play it out. then I will sit down and review. P.S. Closed both USDJPY trades after H1 little shooting star type candle.
Hi Suran,

Price is definitely consolidating at the bottom of the Strat Shadow, which is still in our favour. But defeintely not an A+ setup.

If I had entered, the SL would be small, so I would just let it play out like you are suggesting.

Regards,
Miku

Suran Sep 15, 2019 3:06am | Post# 24

All the very best with your thread and trading, Suranga
Thanks BTS

Suran Sep 15, 2019 3:07am | Post# 25

You more trade manual our use EA ?
NO EA's ,just training in pure price action

Suran Sep 15, 2019 3:19am | Post# 26

1 Attachment(s)
USDJPY post-mortem

Killed the trade for no loss.The PRICE ACTION shows a signs of weakness. Made a mistake here. As my initial analysis charts did not have 108.132 resistance drawn. If I had them then I would not have traded in to that. Even though Strat shadow shows Buyers the PRICE seams like loosing momentum. Capital preservation No.1 priority.

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYmicroH1.png
Size: 27 KB

Suran Sep 15, 2019 3:41am | Post# 27

1 Attachment(s)
NZDJPY post-mortem

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDJPYmicroH1.png
Size: 51 KB

Price now have confirmed swing high in Daily. which means... further analysis ha ha..

Suran Sep 17, 2019 10:20am | Post# 28

1 Attachment(s)
NZDUSD Post mortem

As I had to leave the charts and not able to check the charts ....I wanted to take some profits off the table and make other break even, But done a mistake...closed all the trades.any how...profits are profits.. learned the lesson

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDmicroH1.png
Size: 32 KB

Suran Sep 17, 2019 10:28am | Post# 29

1 Attachment(s)
AUDUSD Post mortem

This is a bit risky trade.I should have waited for a proper PRICE ACTION. Seams I was greed for some pips. which is not very helpful with trading . Capital preservation should be No.1 priority. As I wasn't comfortable with it I closed it for 8 pips profit. which is nothing

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDmicroDaily.png
Size: 37 KB

Suran Sep 17, 2019 10:32am | Post# 30

1 Attachment(s)
NZDCAD post mortem

When I saw price having trouble to break free of this .8380 level due to the fact that I had to leave home I closed it and took my profits.

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCADmicroH4.png
Size: 32 KB

MikuSS Sep 17, 2019 11:08am | Post# 31

NZDUSD Post mortem As I had to leave the charts and not able to check the charts ....I wanted to take some profits off the table and make other break even, But done a mistake...closed all the trades.any how...profits are profits.. learned the lesson {image}
Lucky you.. look at the pullback now.

Suran Sep 17, 2019 11:30am | Post# 32

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Lucky you.. look at the pullback now.

Yes ,But I figured PRICE always (or mostly) give us a hint .check 0.63232 level in the past and see the H1 PA and that BUEB. if we trading H1 time frame then that would be enough to take a action. But I didn't have that line on my chart because I entered with Daily chart. I figured NZDCAD having trouble to break .8397 level because of the wick of that exit candle

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDmicroH1.png
Size: 34 KB

BeyondTheSea Sep 17, 2019 2:34pm | Post# 33

1 Attachment(s)
NZDUSD Post mortem As I had to leave the charts and not able to check the charts ....I wanted to take some profits off the table and make other break even, But done a mistake...closed all the trades.any how...profits are profits.. learned the lesson {image}
Well done Suran. I was in the same trade.

I pretty much trade these set ups exclusively now. I look for H1 highs (or lows) during London and then wait for the failures. Using BASIC PASR and the higher timeframe trend direction (that our mentor taught us).

Using very disciplined and defensive trade management I'm achieving very high win rates (which are really limiting losses) and the trades that catch on are the paychecks.

I do this every day; day in, day out and do not allow myself to be distracted by anything or anyone, including forums .

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDM15.png
Size: 65 KB

Suran Sep 17, 2019 7:49pm | Post# 34

{quote} Well done Suran. I was in the same trade. I pretty much trade these set ups exclusively now. I look for H1 highs (or lows) during London and then wait for the failures. Using BASIC PASR and the higher timeframe trend direction (that our mentor taught us). Using very disciplined and defensive trade management I'm achieving very high win rates (which are really limiting losses) and the trades that catch on are the paychecks. I do this every day; day in, day out and do not allow myself to be distracted by anything or anyone, including...
I look for H1 highs (or lows) during London and then wait for the failures.

This is pretty good way to find the trend continuation. thanks for the insight.

Suranga

BTW. May be I will post your chart and comments in the main thread so others can also benefit from it.

Suran Dec 12, 2019 6:07am | Post# 35

1 Attachment(s)
M5 Trend trading

bang...

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDM5.png
Size: 33 KB

Took the pips and run away ..lol

Suran Dec 12, 2019 11:28am | Post# 36

2 Attachment(s)
Could have bagged more pips. But my little people wanted some pips .so took the pips. 10+25

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM5.png
Size: 30 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZDM5.png
Size: 30 KB

mor707 Jan 14, 2020 4:44am | Post# 37

{quote} Well done Suran. I was in the same trade. I pretty much trade these set ups exclusively now. I look for H1 highs (or lows) during London and then wait for the failures. Using BASIC PASR and the higher timeframe trend direction (that our mentor taught us). Using very disciplined and defensive trade management I'm achieving very high win rates (which are really limiting losses) and the trades that catch on are the paychecks. I do this every day; day in, day out and do not allow myself to be distracted by anything or anyone, including...
Hi BeyondTheSea,

I know you have carved out your own way of trading strat's method but I would really appreciate if you post a few more of your trades. I find them very interesting.

Thanks

Suran Sep 9, 2020 11:06am | Post# 38

For many months I was concentrating on futures market and the order flow. I was dumbfounded by the fact how big players deceive the small fish like us . And then eat us for their lunch.

below quote is from another thread I read ( The equilibrium, a key to success) , Any body who want to know more I would suggest to learn how order flow works.Be warned it will be a hard work.Many months of tears.and sleepless nights.Then one day you might see the light at the end of the tunnel . However this is that quote..

"Many years ago I thought that with the pure candle chart I would be able to determine trends and resistance zones. Through the exact analysis of the futures data with my prop software, I came to the conclusion that there are actually no trends and no real resistance zones. The resistance zones that we see are initiated by the big players to deceive us and alleged trends are there to mislead dump money."

This post is to anybody to whom it may concern..Do you want to trade with the big players ..or want to be their lunch? choice is yours..

P.S. To any of my previous buddies who was learning with me ...you guessed it right..this is me saying bye bye to PASR (Well I said bye bye to this lot early).And to this journal..I learned a lot . and specially learned a lot about how it is not going to work. And really greatful to the people who dedicated their time and effort to teach.May be PASR work for them.but not for me. Even though it took couple of years of my life to figure it out. luckily I was one of those people who didn't waste my hard earned money to figure it out.

Many Pips and good health..(wear your mask..)

Suranga

© Forex Factory