Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ASIC deals massive blow to Australian CFD industry (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=945909)

Drolph Sep 13, 2019 4:06pm | Post# 41

1 Attachment(s)
Oh Hudi - I feel your struggle. You have pushed yourself into the corner. You can not admit your defeat here, I fully understand that. So go on with your naysaying. But for all the other members of this forum this is a very valuable lesson.

He describes a basic averaging technique. Ok .. so what? This technique alone does not make a system profiatble long term. But as he never reached that level, he cannot be blamed for that. So yeah, averaging is something that people may dislike, thats ok, but it is a valuable tool relying on higher leverages. I worked long and hard to build strategies that partly involves grid/averaging. And if you just ignore Hudis hate you would see that the system is risk free already, even if it would blow out now. Why? Because more money already went out than in!

The lowest chart with 626% gain has an update from Jul 05,.... so you likely have blown this shortly afterwards....?
Fun fact: it is a simple myfxbook bug. The money is already fully withdrawn. In your face, Hudi. Picture attached. Have a close look at the date, loser! This one hits hard, doesn't it? Once again someone simply made money.

This looks like classical newbie bait material of a German snake oiler.
Baiting for what? Are you stupid? Or blind? Or both? Which part of I do not sell anything is hard for you to understand? And in which way does a nationality play any kind of role here? My only target in this discussion is to prove you wrong!

Now you can go on with your rant to cover your own inabilities.
Name:  hudi4.png
Views: 699
Size:  16 KB

MoneyZilla Sep 14, 2019 1:50am | Post# 42

The average of all EA constructed this way would show that this approach does not have an edge.
Not taking any sides. I know, not just believe, based on experience, trading grids can be quite profitable. Grids do have an edge.

Surprisingly, a very popular driving video game shows exactly how to reach to the grids edge.

HudithePfupf Sep 17, 2019 2:28am | Post# 43

..... But for all the other members of this forum this is a very valuable lesson....s. {image}
Indeed a valuable lesson.... members can see the nervous brake down of a snake oiler that sees how spreading of facts hit his business model based on spreading lies. The way you act tells me you are somehow linked to the forex industry. Whether to a broker, a signal seller, educator, whatever.... you profit from spreading the lie.

To sell the message of beeing profitable is more important to you than actually being profitable.

Drolph Sep 17, 2019 7:18am | Post# 44

You really have to adjust your tin foil hat. I am truly entertained by your timeconsuming detective journey on your conspircary theory thread.

You are accusing me for giving my opinion somewhere on the internet on a strategy!? Who are you?!?!?

members can see the nervous brake down of a snake oiler that sees how spreading of facts hit his business model based on spreading lies. The way you act tells me you are somehow linked to the forex industry.
The way you act tells me you are a notorious loser!

Whether this mentioned EA is sold or not, the FXCharger is not my code, unlike the systems shown some posts ago. There is not a single advertising or emphasizing from my side on a specific product on this forum. I did never and will never sell or advertise anything!

To sell the message of beeing profitable is more important to you than actually being profitable.
Did you read that sentence? When investigating thoroughly you should not have missed this important piece: I AM ENJOYING PROVING YOU WRONG!

I am fed up by people like you who are unable to achieve success here and transfer this inability into selective "scientific" arguments for their failure.

You can keep claiming that I am only lucky or whatever .. I claim otherwise. Until now I am right! You have to accept that, whether you like it or not.

What you do not understand is: Everything you are saying is your OPINION.

What I am showing is a FACT.

No matter how long or hard you are repeating your opinion - it stays what it is. Simple as that.

Offujimori Oct 10, 2019 3:20pm | Post# 45

1 Attachment(s)
Typical profit growth curves of classical grid systems combined with averaging losers and increasing leverage to recover. A lot of small gains but only big winners after luck turns a big loser to the point you recover - then the system moves again as before. Most equity drawdowns recovered by averaging and increasing risk - a few partial blows explain the high drawdown up to 65% I have seen many charts exactly looking like yours showing impressive gains till they blow up within 1 trade (aka margin call). The lowest chart with 626% gain has an update...
What if you are wrong? What if he figured out a way to protect the flaw on that strategy? What if he does not blow?
Click to Enlarge

Name: pills-lede.w600.h315.2x.jpg
Size: 44 KB

{quote} Not taking any sides. I know, not just believe, based on experience, trading grids can be quite profitable. Grids do have an edge. Surprisingly, a very popular driving video game shows exactly how to reach to the grids edge.
hahaha. You are kind of a Jedi master throwing away those tips / metaphors. What's the game name?

PeterE Oct 29, 2019 4:55am | Post# 46

ASIC's proposal to reduce leverage to 20:1 for fx retailers will likely be strengthened by recent leverage changes in Singapore
FX Leverage Cut to 20:1 in Singapore

CindyXXXX Oct 29, 2019 5:35am | Post# 47

I think what's most ridiculous about this is that it actually puts traders at much more risk because they will need much more money in their accounts (bucket shops) in order to meet trade size requirements.

That is money now exposed to the market and so if you're caught in a trade when the market crashes or flash crashes or fat finger flashes there goes your account

The best thing about high leverage is that you only need 10-20% of your equity actually deposited in your trading account to trade.

Limiting leverage will never stop fools being fools. It's just another government intervention that will actually make things worse. History is littered with them.

© Forex Factory